• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 1 Homestuck question

I wonder why no one thought about this before

Currently homestuck has high 1-B structure because it has an infinite hierarchy of creators, with each layer being infinitely greater than the one before
If higher layer is infinitely greater than lower layer,should it be an anti feat against the very idea of structure being high 1-B instead? Because it proves that the gap between two layers is countably inifnite instead of uncountably infinite

The difference being infinitely great is part of what makes them qualify as tier 1 to begin with.
It's litteraly one of the requirement to give such a tier for any verses.

R/F diff is based on the fact that creators are seeing the lower worlds and its inhabitants as no different from pawns and all, as explained by the Wise One in the same scene.

The difference being infinitely great is part of what makes them qualify as tier 1 to begin with.
It's litteraly one of the requirement to give such a tier for any verses.

R/F diff is based on the fact that creators are seeing the lower worlds and its inhabitants as no different from pawns and all, as explained by the Wise One in the same scene.
Thanks for answering me,I have some another questions

From what I understand it must be uncountably infinitely greater instead,2-A being infinitely greater than 2-B doesn't mean 2-A transcends 2-B so why is this case enough for tier 1?

And pawn is a piece in chess? Why can it be fictional from higher existence perspective?

Thanks for answering me,I have some another questions

From what I understand it must be uncountably infinitely greater instead,2-A being infinitely greater than 2-B doesn't mean 2-A transcends 2-B so why is this case enough for tier 1?
Because you already have the notion of transcendence being there.
Also in HS's case it encompasses 2-A multiverses anyway.
And pawn is a piece in chess? Why can it be fictional from higher existence perspective?
A game of chess doesn't have a real knight being able to attack you.

After thinking again I have thought about this:

A pawn can't interact with human not because human exist in a higher dimension than it,but just because it can't move by itself,I mean if someone throw a piece to another then that piece can interact physically right?How can it be fictional?

After thinking again I have thought about this:

A pawn can't interact with human not because human exist in a higher dimension than it,but just because it can't move by itself,I mean if someone throw a piece to another then that piece can interact physically right?How can it be fictional?
A character drawn on paper is ink, and you can throw ink at someone. It wouldn't make the character real.
Same here with the pawn.

It is more about the fact that the war in Chess just like the world in your comicbook doesn't exist.

There's literally no verse which tells about uncountable infinity for one. Second, even saying that a layer is greater than lower ones is enough for Higher-D if there's enough context.

The Shogi example isn't enough, as it's more a comparison to size than difference in existence. As stated, context is important, it's made clear that this talk about pawns and chess is to establish a Reality-Fiction difference and the fact it's talking about creators with the added context of Homestucks already established Reality-Fiction relationship makes it clearer what they are going with. So don't waste our time again with another attempt at the old arguments with no new context.

Because Staff have enough to deal with without users constantly trying to get the same upgrade again and again after being rejected, just changing the wording slightly and use examples of other verses while missing vital context.

Back