• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Thomas The Tank Engine vs. Lightning McQueen [0-0-0]

IDK3465

He/Him
Yes, I'm bringing this debate back.
I know this seems like a stomp, but I have an idea of how to make this a fair match.
  • Games Lightning is used and has all his equipment.
  • Anything above 9-B is restricted, so Thomas can only go at speeds that won't completely one-shot Lightning.
  • Speed is NOT equalized.
  • The fight takes place in an enclosed train tunnel that's only as wide as the tracks themselves (so Lightning can't step away from the tracks/knock Thomas over) and is just tall enough for Lightning to jump over Thomas (like 20 feet/6.1 meters tall.)
  • Both start half a kilometer apart.
  • SBA for everything else.
Car: (0)
Train: (0)
Both crash into each other and explode Michel Bay style: (0)

Whats thomas answer to light throwing explosives at him and frying him?
Well, first off, Thomas has 9-A durability and second, nothing over 9-B is allowed, so even if Lightning’s explosives were strong enough to take Thomas out, it would simply be restricted. Though Thomas has nothing against the heat of it, so he would be damaged definitely.

Thomas has 9-A durability
Though Thomas has nothing against the heat of it, so he would be damaged definitely.
The heat is definately a problem here.

Also straight on trottle's from thomas can easily be dodged by lightning as he's by 1.5 times faster than thomas here along with having aerial acrobatics which can pose a huge advantage. He also seems to be more agile than thomas as he can dodge and react to missle trajectory even tho he's slower than a average missle. The guy can increase his speed with boosters aswell so he'll pretty much be dusting thomas here and attack faster than him. Lightning has alot of equipment that could pose a threat to thomas, like downright frying him. Leaning towards light for now, what can thomas do to counter light's advantages

Also straight on trottle's from thomas can easily be dodged by lightning as he's by 1.5 times faster than thomas here along with having aerial acrobatics which can pose a huge advantage. He also seems to be more agile than thomas as he can dodge and react to missle trajectory even tho he's slower than a average missle. The guy can increase his speed with boosters aswell so he'll pretty much be dusting thomas here and attack faster than him.
Well, the only way for Lightning to dodge Thomas is to jump over him, which he barely has room to do, given how I set up the environment. If anything, going faster would just make it harder for Lightning to dodge, as he'd have way less control when doing so, leading him to crash into either the ceiling, Thomas, or both.

Well, the only way for Lightning to dodge Thomas is to jump over him, which he barely has room to do, given how I set up the environment
I mean, it will be diffucult but he objectively has the speed advantage, agility & mobility via acrobatics and trajectory dodging, along with a literal speed boost. As such it wont be as diffucult as you make it out to be unless u wanna ignore the balant he has advantages.

If anything, going faster would just make it harder for Lightning to dodge, as he'd have way less control when doing so, leading him to crash into either the ceiling
Isnt lightning able to control his speed and his body while midair almost perfectly in the game without flaw? Even if he does crash, if the fall isnt 9-B which it isnt because he wouldnt be that high to begin with, then it wont be doing anything to his body cuz dura. He'll just flip himself and go again. He can control himself midair according to profile anyway, so i guarantee he'll just break his fall. He also doesnt need to use his speed boost, again he has his other advantages i mentioned above.

So the difference between Lightning baselines 9-B and Thomas 9-A dura is >1394.67x so is not hurting Thomas at all. So the fight just gonna be how long until Lightning misses a jump and gets run over by Thomas.

So the difference between Lightning baselines 9-B and Thomas 9-A dura is >1394.67x so is not hurting Thomas at all. So the fight just gonna be how long until Lightning misses a jump and gets run over by Thomas.
He can throw explosives which thomas would die to via the heat. Homing rockets which also explode upon impact as well as being able to follow and track thomas as he trottle's and if he dear stops its up, magnet bombs (dont remember what these do, but i think they draw in metal and explode) which would be attracted to a 126 mph metal machine, and high voltage which can fry thomas. His weaponry pretty much takes the lead here as thomas doesnt have as much versatility than light

He can throw explosives which thomas would die to via the heat.
The explosives have no heat feats so why would they kill someone 1394.67x stronger than it?
Homing rockets which also explode upon impact as well as being able to follow and track thomas as he trottle's
Dont see how their gonna be helpful here considering that the fight takes place in a tunnel and it's not like Thomas is gonna avoid them.
magnet bombs (dont remember what these do, but i think they draw in metal and explode) which would be attracted to a 126 mph metal machine
The magnet bombs change who their suck to on contact so all Thomas has to do is bump lightning to put the bomb back on him.
and high voltage which can fry thomas
HIgh voltage doesn't fry opponents it only spins them out and stuns them.
His weaponry pretty much takes the lead here as thomas doesnt have as much versatility than light
The weaponry is 1394.67x weaker than Thomas and won't even be able to scratch him so the weapons are not gonna help Lightning here.

The explosives have no heat feats so why would they kill someone 1394.67x stronger than it?
They dont? Please entail me on how they work again cuz the profile is just void of scans. Also for heat not to work on u, you'd need to resist it, like Explosion Manipluation on a whole, its not exactly dura related here.

Dont see how their gonna be helpful here considering that the fight takes place in a tunnel and it's not like Thomas is gonna avoid them.
He'll send them off moments before thomas gets in range to run him over. He'd see thomas at the right moment to do so too as his headlights to see him along with the literal sound thomas makes as he trottles will alarm him b4 hand. Thomas will essentially run into these homing attacks as i dont think thomas can stop himself in time to reverse. Reminder: these guys start 500 meters away from each other so they dont come into contact with each other as the battle starts, both characters need to close distance, especially thomas.

The magnet bombs change who their suck to on contact so all Thomas has to do is bump lightning to put the bomb back on him.
Also straight on trottle's from thomas can easily be dodged by lightning as he's by 1.5 times faster than thomas here along with having aerial acrobatics which can pose a huge advantage. He also seems to be more agile than thomas as he can dodge and react to missle trajectory even tho he's slower than a average missle. The guy can increase his speed with boosters aswell so he'll pretty much be dusting thomas here and attack faster than him
My earlier arguments completely counter any way thomas can actually hit light here. He'd simply miss light while trying to bump him and later get obliterated by the magnet bomb.

HIgh voltage doesn't fry opponents it only spins them out and stuns them.
Interesting, he should have statistic effect inducement on his profile then than just electricity manip. Albeit, this validates light winning. Thomas spinning on the tracks he's stuck to and stunned will make him an open target for anything light does which would likely incacipate him, or downright end him. Light has many wincons that can take out thomas here, this right here leads to incacipation as im not sure if thomas can put himself back on the rails after literally spinning on it and being stunned.

The weaponry is 1394.67x weaker than Thomas and won't even be able to scratch him so the weapons are not gonna help Lightning here.
The AP of some of these weapons isnt the problem here. It's the hax and after effect they harbor. A explosion can cook entire buildings with the heat they harbor. Heat will cook thomas, The Voltage will kick him off the tracks and stun him, homing attacks will cook thomas upon impact which can be launched before he gets into contact with light as he'll hear and see him coming down the tracks before hand, and the magnet bombs will be stuck to thomas and explode while thomas has no way to actually hit light because he's faster with manueverability with acrobatics along with speed boosts of his own.

They dont? Please entail me on how they work again cuz the profile is just void of scans. Also for heat not to work on u, you'd need to resist it, like Explosion Manipluation on a whole, its not exactly dura related here.
Heres a scan of them in use. As I said, the explosives have no heat feats. Its a big assumption that they can melt a whole train when they don't deal any lasting heat damage to other cars.
He'll send them off moments before thomas gets in range to run him over. He'd see thomas at the right moment to do so too as his headlights to see him along with the literal sound thomas makes as he trottles will alarm him b4 hand. Thomas will essentially run into these homing attacks as i dont think thomas can stop himself in time to reverse. Reminder: these guys start 500 meters away from each other so they dont come into contact with each other as the battle starts, both characters need to close distance, especially thomas.
I don't see how the homing missiles are gonna stop a speeding Thomas, especially since their 1394.67x weaker then his dura.
My earlier arguments completely counter any way thomas can actually hit light here. He'd simply miss light while trying to bump him and later get obliterated by the magnet bomb.
Gonna note that I'm pretty sure the cars hop in-game is very short. Like it only gets them like a meter off the ground. Now that I'm looking at gameplay I dont think they can jump at all in game, I think I'm thinking of Disney Infinity Cars characters. So he not gonna be able to hop over Thomas. Also the magnet bomb is 1394.67x weaker then Thomas so he's gonna no-sell it.
Albeit, this validates light winning. Thomas spinning on the tracks he's stuck to and stunned will make him an open target for anything light does which would likely incacipate him, or downright end him. Light has many wincons that can take out thomas here, this right here leads to incacipation as im not sure if thomas can put himself back on the rails after literally spinning on it and being stunned.
Idk how big the tunnel is but if its small Thomas isn't gonna be spinning much. Also, I'm looking for gameplay but I dont think it sends peeps spinning that much and it only stuns them for like less then a few seconds.
The AP of some of these weapons isnt the problem here. It's the hax and after effect they harbor. A explosion can cook entire buildings with the heat they harbor. Heat will cook thomas, The Voltage will kick him off the tracks and stun him, homing attacks will cook thomas upon impact which can be launched before he gets into contact with light as he'll hear and see him coming down the tracks before hand, and the magnet bombs will be stuck to thomas and explode while thomas has no way to actually hit light because he's faster with manueverability with acrobatics along with speed boosts of his own.
Its a big assumption that Lightnings explosions are hot enough to burn Thomas when then have 0 feats of being hot and can only stun comparable charaters with no fire resistance for less than a few seconds. As I noted Lighting can't jump that high so he's getting ran by Thomas until he can stop him which is unlikely due to being 1394.67x weaker then Thomas' dura.

Idk how big the tunnel is but if its small Thomas isn't gonna be spinning much. Also, I'm looking for gameplay but I dont think it sends peeps spinning that much and it only stuns them for like less then a few seconds.
The fight takes place in an enclosed train tunnel that's only as wide as the tracks themselves (so Lightning can't step away from the tracks/knock Thomas over)

Heres a scan of them in use
I mean couldnt he just outspeed thomas going north then do this?

As I said, the explosives have no heat feats. Its a big assumption that they can melt a whole train when they don't deal any lasting heat damage to other cars.
I see. Good point.

I don't see how the homing missiles are gonna stop a speeding Thomas, especially since their 1394.67x weaker then his dura.
I would usually just argue heat but since they arent powerful as i thought they would be then thomas will survive.

Idk how big the tunnel is but if its small Thomas isn't gonna be spinning much.
The fight takes place in an enclosed train tunnel that's only as wide as the tracks themselves (so Lightning can't step away from the tracks/knock Thomas over) and is just tall enough for Lightning to jump over Thomas (like 20 feet/6.1 meters tall.)
Yea its not gonna have a major effect on thomas seeing the setting.

Its a big assumption that Lightnings explosions are hot enough to burn Thomas when then have 0 feats of being hot
True. I actually thought they were much stronger.

As I noted Lighting can't jump that high so he's getting ran by Thomas until he can stop him which is unlikely due to being 1394.67x weaker then Thomas' dura.
So what makes this not a stomp then? Light cant manuever around thomas's trottle because he has no room to. He'd end up getting hit anyway and likely die. He cant harm thomas with his equipment and outspeeding him and firing missiles at him is pointless as they do no notable damage to thomas. Thomas wins here effortlessly under sba aswell, light has no single wincon

I mean couldnt he just outspeed thomas going north then do this?
The missiles aren't gonna hurt Thomas and he only has one shot with them so its not gonna do much.
So what makes this not a stomp then? Light cant manuever around thomas's trottle because he has no room to. He'd end up getting hit anyway and likely die. He cant harm thomas with his equipment and outspeeding him and firing missiles at him is pointless as they do no notable damage to thomas.
I mean all McQueen can do is drive backwards until both him in Thomas run out of gas so I'm thinking this is incon.

I just wanted to mention something to defend Lightning here, he could destroy the tracks themselves so Thomas could get incaped through that.

Lightning definitely isn't baseline. He takes no damage from ramming himself into a wall at 200 mph.
Using the formula found in the page above, we can make a quick calculation to determine his potential AP and Durability.
0.5×1,500×89.408^2 = 5,995,342.848 Joules.

Last edited:
Lightning definitely isn't baseline. He takes no damage from ramming himself into a wall at 200 mph.
Using the formula found in the page above, we can make a quick calculation to determine his potential AP and Durability.
0.5×1,500×89.408^2 = 5,995,342.848 Joules.
That should be on profile FR.
so that's 0.0014329213307839 Tons Of TNT vs Thomas's 0.005 Tons which is still around a 3.5x difference.

Back