• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

This probably can't get added: Vinetrapper vs. Composite Tree

DMUA said:
tree outlives
The plant can outlive the tree too. If it has enough nutrients and resources, it will just keep growing endlessly. It has no growing limit even after it reaches it's Overgrown form.

I think the vinetrapper can sap out all nutrients around the tree (if they are close enough) since the vinetrapper (i think) is more nutrient demanding than the composite tree, so the tree will eventually die because lack of resources, but this will take a looooooooooooooooooooong time

That is my reasoning.

It's a meme

I don't know if this is even fair though, can the tree really win? It's poison sap is far from effective enough to take the Vinetrapper out and it can't really fight back against being Darwin'd

Technically they cant kill each other since vinetrapper only reacts to stimuli or sensory roots (but the tree cant move) or if its touched or damaged by something (but the tree cant do this)

unless, what i just mentioned, happens.

I dont know if i should go vote inconclusive or for the vinetrapper, though.

but it really depends on how close they are to each other. If the vinetrapper is far from the tree, then it would not interfere with composite tree's development and would go inconclusive, if they are close enough it depends who takes the most resources first.

Back