• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Witcher Netflix General Discussion Thread

M3X_2.0

VS Battles
Retired
I didnt see any thread about then I dicided to create one. I can't understand a shit of what is happening there because I didnt play any game but Geralt has a subsonic feat for reacting to arrows.

I will add a pic soon

According what I seen so far, he's the typical enhanced metahuman guy, a decent level of enhanced strength, speed, reflexes, probably something like Captain America from the first movie. I don't know how powerful he is with potions, but he should be stronger for sure.

If you mean he's like that as a character - no, not at all.

If you mean he's like that in terms of power - kinda, but his powers are more interesting than that.

In terms of power, yes, but I seen the first three episodes so far, I don't know if there's some particular feat in the other episodes.. I'll see.

Well, in the second episode, that woman reacted to lightning, I don't know her name because I watched in portuguese

I've just checked how the cast looks

It's not that bad, especially Geralt looks cool, but some don't really fit the book descriptions, like Yen or Ciri. But I'll wait for more, and maybe even watch this.

Never read the books or played the games but I really enjoyed the series. Question: does Geralt use fire magic? Not sure about the books but i believe he could use fire magic in the games. Yen's fire magic was ƒñÿ

Ok so far in the episode 3 I saw

• Witches can react to lightning
  • Geralt has some kind of magic that can send the target flying and breaking floors (maybe a 8-C feat)
  • He fought with a monster until the sunrise
I will start calcing after the holidays and creating the profiles. Maybe we can do the same thing as Game of Thrones, using book and series feats

That magic is "Aard"

Meh, all those feats were already in books/games, but we can maybe make a Netflix Geralt profile

Well, it seems Netflix Geralt is faster than stronger than books and games version of himself given the lightning feats

Well I am comparing using the game profile here. Why don't you start a CRT to upgrade games Geralt?

"The Last Wish", the book

I did the CRT already, because his profile was a mess and very, very uncompleted. I just try to compare games Geralt to Netflix Geralt based on what you're saying.

Wait, is the statement from the game or the book? And how do we scale the things for The Witcher? Using both games and books for only one profile?

Can you link me the CRT?

A natural lightning is 8-C right ? If they can attack, react and harm people who can tank it, they should be around that level with MHS+ Speed

You don't scale to the full energy of the lightning bolt if you tank it

Sapkowski described Geralt's attack like the speed and the strength of a lighting bolt, of course it was an hyperbole, but still, that analogy was to let the readers understand how fast and strong Geralt can be. In his last novel, published in 2013, he described an average Witcher as 2 times stronger and 10 times faster than any human, and Geralts is above any Witchers thank his further mutations.

SpookyShadow said:
Witcher humans are already much above our real world humans. Just look at Leo Bonhart.
Yes indeed, the same Ciri have some legit FTE feats in books, many people overlook how fast and strong are the "normal" human in Witcher universe when it comes to analyze how powerful is Geralt.

Cmon, Geralt isn't 9-A. That's way too low; tier lists shouldn't be entirely predicated on attack potency, but take into consideration factors like speed, etc. Geralt of Rivia, as is, is a lower tier than Homer Simpson.

Then you should do a CRT if you disagree with his current rating. All Witcher calcs that scale to Geralt are currently 9-A, comparing him to other characters from other verses is not a point

Honestly I don't see Geralt as a type of guy who could one punch entire building. By any means

Attack Potency =/= Destructive Capacity

Geralt scale to someone who can generate 9-A energy, he can't punch a building and destroying it, but he can damage someone with that durability.

Welp, still there are no non-magicians in Witcher who did an 8-C feat

Maybe Dettlaff could be 8-C seeing how strong he became in last form, but that's just theory, or Vilgefortz with his amped staff but that's also a theory

If you create a CRT to upgrade Geralt to MHS+ and 8-C via that statement you posted, I can debate in favor of it.

Agreed besides tiering isn't the end all be all, Geralt is very capable of besting opponents from other verses that are on a higher tier than him moreover he still has his tier 7 stuff from SC and tier 6 stuff from MH (both with their own profiles), honestly I think Geralt is rated overall fine here.

EDiT: if wanna upgrade him to 8-C/MHS+ tho, I wouldn't mind tbh.

M3X said:
If you create a CRT to upgrade Geralt to MHS+ and 8-C via that statement you posted, I can debate in favor of it.
This is a statement from the book, just "striking with speed and force of lightning bolt" would be rejected because it could be a hyperbole or something.

Probably the same Sapkowski don't know how exactly strong is Geralt, actually about Witcher universe we don't know any strength/endurance level of any character/monsters, even games didn't help with that. Anyway I don't agree that is faster in the show than in book, in the book the fight against the Striga was different, Geralt wasn't touched even once from the monster despite Striga is described to be hellishly fast, in the show he struggled a lot more. Anyway, CDPR Geralt is still the most powerful version, remember he smashed on the ground a Dragon in Witcher 2, a strength feat above class 5, and he can fight higher vampires or fight two Bruxa or two Alps at the same time in W3, and those kind of vampires are supersonic in speed for sure.

Back