• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Witcher (Games) CRT: True Higher Vampires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Higher Vampires:​

Last edited:

The Witchers:​

• Resistance to Corruption: (Type 1: "It has the ability to possess human bodies thus granting it corporeal form and a means to wreak havoc. This process, however, irreparably corrupts and damages the host, causing the miasmal to continuously seek out stronger, more durable bodies. What cruel irony, then, that a witcher's immunity makes the monster slayer a perfect shell for the specter to invade and control.") Bestiary Entry
  • Resistance to Paralysis: ("Day 7. Administered extract of cowbane and hemlock. In typical representatives of the human and Aen Seidhe species such a mixture provokes paralysis of the peripheral nervous system, and eventually the nerve endings as well. This results in muscular, skeletal, pulmonary and cardiac paralysis, and ultimately death through suffocation.The witcher is not, however, a typical representative of any species. Though the poison did seem to cause some mild irritation (sic!) in his nervous system, his mutated body quickly managed to neutralize the harmful alkaloids.") Laboratory Notebook
  • Resistance Negation or Higher Fire manipulation: (Geralt can temporarily affect Detlaff with Igni, although higher vampires are totally immune to fire.)
None of them have scans attached with the claims, also rather linking the whole page you should get the scan from there and quote it here.

Higher Vampires:​

• Regeneration (Mid-High: "They are invulnerable to sunlight, fire, and silver, and have unbelievable regenerative powers which allow them to return to life even after beheading, dismemberment, or incineration- though in such cases the process may take many decades.")
  • Immortality Negation (Type 5: Higher vampires can kill each other, suggesting that they can bypass their own immortality)
  • Immortality: (Type 5: Higher vampires are unbound by conventional life and death)
  • Resistance to Precognition should be added here:
I don't see immortalaity type 5 here?
"Divinations magic" also includes seeing the future
Plz do not use other wikis info here , and if possible you should get original scans from the game.
Idk , but sounds like limited power nullification
  • Stamina: Infinite ("Unusually powerful sorcerers can sometimes bind such beings and bend them to their will, thus acquiring tremendous might to the point of near omnipotence. For a genie, being the living personification of an Element's energies, is akin to an almost boundless reservoir of the Power. Thus, its master can draw energy from the genie for spell casting, without the tiresome need to channel from traditional sources") Elemental Empires
  • Reality Warping should be removed from the djinn profile, because the wishes they give are just magic according to Yennefer, magic spells, and they should have all the magic spells of the Witcher verse because of this: ("They can fling off spells in an instant that the most accomplished human mages could never cast with years of preparation.") Bestiary Entry.

Again i suggest you should not use other wiki stuff here,
If u can get the original scans from game then it can help.

None of them have scans attached with the claims, also rather linking the whole page you should get the scan from there and quote it here.
Plz do not use other wikis info here , and if possible you should get original scans from the game.
Again i suggest you should not use other wiki stuff here,
If u can get the original scans from game then it can help.
I will try to find passages on youtube but I cannot guarantee that I will succeed

Idk , but sounds like limited power nullification
why limited ?

I don't see immortalaity type 5 here?
Regis explains that when he was reduced to a shapeless mass due to Vilgefortz's spell, he was still alive, he could still feel an emotion like fear. Matter of his species can exist without form, they need neither heart, nor brain nor air to breathe. When Geralt asks Regis if he was dead, Regis responds by saying "As humans understand death, yes", implying that he is not bound to a conventional death. No species in the verse is capable of killing a higher vampire, even if the latter has been reduced to a liquid state like Regis.

Last edited:
Regis explains that when he was reduced to a shapeless mass due to Vilgefortz's spell, he was still alive, he could still feel an emotion like fear. Matter of his species can exist without form, they need neither heart, nor brain nor air to breathe. When Geralt asks Regis if he was dead, Regis responds by saying "As humans understand death, yes", implying that he is not bound to a conventional death. No species in the verse is capable of killing a higher vampire, even if the latter has been reduced to a liquid state like Regis.
It seems similar to the Great Old One:

I prefer this CRT to just focus on Higher Vampires so I removed the other possible additions. I would do separate CRTs for witchers and djinns (because there is already a lot to say)

This is fine, but it's purely an overtime thing. So the Regeneration of Higher Vampires would look something like this:

Regeneration (Low-Mid normally. Mid-High over time; [Add justification for Low-Mid. Basically any regen feats they showed in combat, such as Dettlaf's feats]. Higher vampires have unbelievable regenerative powers which allow them to return to life even after beheading, dismemberment, or incineration- though in such cases the process may take many decades)

Something like this should work. Also, it's very important that you add references to these abilities, both in the OP and on the profiles.
The rest of these are fine, but again, you need to add references.

This is fine, but it's purely an overtime thing. So the Regeneration of Higher Vampires would look something like this:

Regeneration (Low-Mid normally. Mid-High over time; [Add justification for Low-Mid. Basically any regen feats they showed in combat, such as Dettlaf's feats]. Higher vampires have unbelievable regenerative powers which allow them to return to life even after beheading, dismemberment, or incineration- though in such cases the process may take many decades)

Something like this should work. Also, it's very important that you add references to these abilities, both in the OP and on the profiles.

The rest of these are fine, but again, you need to add references.
So here is what I propose for the pages of Regis, Detlaff and the Unseen Elder (I will add the references when I apply the changes in the pages.)

Regis​

Power and Abilities:

Dettlaff

Dettlaff has everything I mentioned for Regis plus Summoning (Each vampire has a unique talent, and Dettlaff's is to be able to call the lesser vampires to help him.)

Unseen Elder

Unseen Elder has everything I mentioned for Regis plus Surface Scaling (He spends most if not all day hanging on the ceiling in his lair.) and Paralysis (Can paralyze Regis.)

For the stamina, all three should have this:
- Superhuman (Regis tolerates the pain of a hole made through his body.)

Last edited:
All of these seem fine to me.

This is unnecessary, though.
Okay.

When we are finished with Regis, Dettlaff, and Unseen Elder (at least two moderator opinions are necessary I think?), I would suggest revisions and additions (notably additions of sources) for the pages of the other vampires in this thread (it is better to do them all in the same thread instead of doing them separately)

Last edited:
So here is what I propose for the pages of Regis, Detlaff and the Unseen Elder (I will add the references when I apply the changes in the pages.)

Regis​

Power and Abilities:

Dettlaff

Dettlaff has everything I mentioned for Regis plus Summoning (Each vampire has a unique talent, and Dettlaff's is to be able to call the lesser vampires to help him.)

Unseen Elder

Unseen Elder has everything I mentioned for Regis plus Surface Scaling (He spends most if not all day hanging on the ceiling in his lair.) and Paralysis (Can paralyze Regis.)

For the stamina, all three should have this:
- Superhuman (Regis tolerates the pain of a hole made through his body.)
I agree with everything.

I applied the changes, now here is what I propose for other higher vampires.:

Bruxae

Alps

Stamina: Superhuman (Alps have incredible stamina even by vampire standards)

Katakans

Last edited:
You know, it'd probably be best to do the rest of the vampires in a new OP.
I believe that's the general standard, but it'll also help get more traction I think.

The above changes mostly seem fine at a quick glance btw, but I'll look at them more closely when I have more time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back