• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Walking Dead Ressurection? Part 1? An attempt to bring order in this cursed verse (Walkers rework)

Yeah. Don't know why, but I want to give this verse order and correctness (after so much chaos, it deserved it)

Okay. There will be no long introductions.

Walkers (zombies) problem. It lies in their strenght and durability. Throughout the whole tv series, you can find "hundreds" of examples of how: some walkers can solo break glass,

windows and wood,

Tear people apart

AND later a whole group of walkers cannot break a glass or breaks it for a very long time. Some walkers can easily knock down an adult human

and some walkers can't overpower kid Judith-_-
https://youtu.be/zu6pHyeqmWI?si=Vj4HW_OfdUHODB2J&t=0h2m50s

(Judith is street level?; I doubt). Some walkers can tank high falls and car hits
5:42
https://youtu.be/PdO2_sMOqDU?si=Gb-i5V3j7LqJ3PXD

And some walkers just fall apart from a
little physical effort or water flow
https://youtu.be/GChtwSf2sec?si=76DRvVpX4ASGVmQE&t=0h0m33s

That is, it can be understood that their power is varies

So that's what I'm suggesting:

Tier: Varies from 10-C to 9-C, higher with Bite & Teeth (10-C is a walkers like: half walker from 1 episode and kids walkers. After all, during the whole show, childrens and old people became walkers, or walkers were so in bad or decayed condition that they could only crawl or couldn't do anything. 9-C is a type of walkers, who can overpower and knock down to the ground adult humans, break glass, windows, wooden planks and tear apart humans. (Higher with Bite)-I think some walkers should have a higher tier with bite (teeth) since walkers can easily bite off flesh and can harm Beta with bites

who scales to high end of street level (via falling from thrid floor in elevator shaft)

Keys: Normal | Variants | Burnes | Serum

Normal-This... is ordinary walkers

Variants- This is a walker different from a regular walker (Like: smart walkers who can try to open doors, pick up objects as weapons or climb on some structures;
Walker King from Dead City. Which appeared as a result of the fusion of walkers because of some chemicals wastes thrown into the sewer. IMPORTANT: walkers, which are overgrown with plants, mushrooms, stones or something else are not Variants. These are all the same ordinary walkers without increased (intelligence, agility, speed, strenght).

Burnes & Serum walkers.The types of walker who appeared in the Daryl Dixon spinn-off. The reason why I separated these walkers from variants is because these walkers are the product of scientists' experiments. Dr. Lafleur and other scientific of (Power of the Living) group experimented on walkers. As a result, first appeared Burnes (walkers with acidic blood) and later A special serum appeared that turned walkers into wild monsters. Why is the name serum walkers? Because a special serum is contained in capsules that can be used as a dart and when ingested in a dead body or walker causes something like mutation or upgrade, makes a walker faster and stronger than his normal brothers))). That's why I prefer to call such type of walkers-Serum Walkers

Tier of Normal, Variants and Burnes walkers does not differ from each other:
Varies from 10-C to 9-C, higher with (Bite, Teeth). Only burnes walkers will have in tier: even higher with acidic blood

Tier of Serum walkers is At least 9-C. They must be superior to any normal or variant walker. In all the scenes where they appeared, it was shown that they superior ordinary walkers and are more dangerous. Daryl had to work hard to kill them

Spoiler from Episode 5 of Season 2 of Daryl Dixon (Although this is not really a huge spoiler but just an action scene to understand who are Serum walkers)

Attack Potency:

Normal, Variants, Burnes walkers: Varies from Below Average Human to Street level+, based on this calc (not accepted) https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Jason_Courne/Walking_Dead:_Busting_Windows_Edition

higher with (Teeth, Bite). For Burnes walkers-even higher with acidic blood

Serum walkers: At least Street level+

Speed:

Normal, Variants, Burnes walkers: Below Average Human travel speed with Varies from Below Average to at most Subsonic attack speed?
(Throughout the series, some walkers could attack characters, who scales to subsonic combat and reaction and make them struggle against them.

(https://youtu.be/4AfzJcLr_C4?si=mzuXRnkW6pw8BlDB&t=0h2m14s

Serum walkers: Average Human travel speed (In Daryl Dixon Season 2 Episode 4 Serum walkers could chase a moving car, but they didn't do it very fast. They are faster than ordinary walkers)

with at most Subsonic combat and attack speed (Superior to normal walkers. They showed that they can slightly keep up with Daryl in combat)

Lifting Strenght:
Normal, Variants, Burnes walkers: Varies from Below Average Human to Superhuman (based on this feat)

In order to have no problems with this feat. Because there has been disagreement about whether this feat is Class 1. I think Superhuman LS will be suitable for this feat. And let's remember that a group of walkers can overpower tiger or horse

Serum walkers: At least Superhuman (superior to normal walkers)

Durability:

Normal, Variants, Burnes walkers: Varies from Below Average Human to Street level+, Only normal walkers will have in their tier: higher with Stone Skin

Serum walkers: At least Street level+

It is necessary to accept the fact that now it will be wrong and incorrect scale characters of twd based on struggle or killing walkers with bare hands feats. Because power of walkers is varies. Also, feats of Serum walkers by killing many walkers and tearing off jaw of another walker not mean much. But logically it can be understood that Serum walkers is much superior to ordinary walkers and scales higher

Also. The Spike-armor key must be removed since such type of walker appeared only once. This walker is no different from normal walkers, it's just harder to kill.

Last edited:
A major consideration of the durability feats of Walkers is the simple fact that only their brain is necessary to destroy to kill them. Falling huge heights just doesn't mean anything if the brain is still functioning, even if the bones break and the organs crumple in on themselves otherwise. By a similar bent, the brain must be significantly destroyed- this means knife stabs to the back of the head sometimes work and sometimes don't, depending on the depth of penetration and the size of the weapon involved, among other factors. So while I agree that their durability is variable depending on the state of their body to an extent, I think a great deal of this is explainable just by how their immortality works. Of course Walkers have a higher success rate of surviving explosions: it's concussive force, it isn't likely to pierce their brain.

As for AP, another notable consideration is persistence. The wiki does not recognize "chip damage" but in the case of the Walkers this is often how it works. Either many Walkers are necessary to break down a window (an early example that comes to mind is the department store in Atlanta where Rick meets the group) or it takes one or a couple Walkers a longer time to eventually damage it enough to break it. I am fairly certain that, consistently, the Walkers peak out at about 10-A, acknowledging that they can dig their teeth and claws in deep enough to shred flesh.

Still: I will agree with the variable tier range of 10-C to 9-C. I will note that glass destruction as a feat was undone years ago, like somewhere around 2021-2022 to my recollection, and thus why we removed values for it being destroyed on our calc page (except for some of the impressive forms of destruction, like melting). Unless it is ballistic glass (those calcs don't appear to do that), they aren't acceptable for use.

Still: I will agree with the variable tier range of 10-C to 9-C. I will note that glass destruction as a feat was undone years ago, like somewhere around 2021-2022 to my recollection, and thus why we removed values for it being destroyed on our calc page (except for some of the impressive forms of destruction, like melting). Unless it is ballistic glass (those calcs don't appear to do that), they aren't acceptable for use.
may i ask why glass destruction isn't a thing anymore?

The values were consistently (hah) inconsistent. Low-end characters would achieve high-end results because of how glass breaking works, such that it would often accelerate them to unreasonable levels.

The values were consistently (hah) inconsistent. Low-end characters would achieve high-end results because of how glass breaking works, such that it would often accelerate them to unreasonable levels.
Damn thats crazy.
"consistently inconsistent" the juxtaposition(or whathever this word means,i have no idea what it means)

Back