• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Unovan Ghost Type Overhaul (Golurk and Chandelure updates. Jellicent and Yamask profile creation)

Peppersalt43

They/Them
After being told about the outdated state of some Pokémon profiles and looking through some of them, I can't help but agree. Some of them straight up have yet to have to have their AP updated, some do not have their regional forms added, and some have odd empty sections. I'll see how much I can update until I get sick.

I use the Ralts profile as a point of reference as it's apparently the best one we have yet.

Old Golurk Profile

New Golurk Profile

Old Chandelure Profile

New Chandelure Profile

Jellicent Profile

Yamask Profile

I swear if there's currently a CRT that renders everything useless, I will go insane

Profiles look good but I got some minor things after a quick scan through; Stage one Mons don't need "Can go to toe to toe with the likes of Piplup" in their AP rating because it doesn't give any meaningful scaling after the split iirc. I recommend linking Pokedex entries' text when referenced in the Mons Powers and Abilities. Dynamax shouldn't be noted in P&A unless its a Mon in their Dynamax form. On Yamask's profile, Shadow manip doesn't need to be listed as an ability cause Darkness manip covers it already. Also, make sure the Intelligence sections match the updated Pokémon Profile Standards Intelligence section.

But besides what I noted, the profiles look great!

Profiles look good but I got some minor things after a quick scan through; Stage one Mons don't need "Can go to toe to toe with the likes of Piplup" in their AP rating because it doesn't give any meaningful scaling after the split iirc. I recommend linking Pokedex entries' text when referenced in the Mons Powers and Abilities. Dynamax shouldn't be noted in P&A unless its a Mon in their Dynamax form. On Yamask's profile, Shadow manip doesn't need to be listed as an ability cause Darkness manip covers it already. Also, make sure the Intelligence sections match the updated Pokémon Profile Standards Intelligence section.
Followed your advice and removed what's necessary

After being told about the outdated state of some Pokémon profiles and looking through some of them, I can't help but agree. Some of them straight up have yet to have to have their AP updated, some do not have their regional forms added, and some have odd empty sections. I'll see how much I can update until I get sick.

I use the Ralts profile as a point of reference as it's apparently the best one we have yet.

Old Golurk Profile

New Golurk Profile
(I wish that when I'm typing a post, the formatting wouldn't make me see an emoji face in your user blog url. Nothing personal, just frustrated by the forum's formatting. Anyway....)

IDK how other people feel about this, but I'm often of the stance that Pokemon profiles should be named for the base form first.
We don't name profiles for like, Super Saiyan Goku or Gear Five Luffy, etc.

& while the stronger, final forms are more iconic & often beloved by many fans, I think that it's an odd deviation from the standard.
Also, in the case of Pokemon with multiple possible evolutions, it causes an ambiguity to name after the final/most powerful form.

You can give Eeveelutions separate profiles, & perhaps the Hitmons, too.
But then you get to Bellossom & Vileplume & say, Poliwrath & Politoed; Do you defer to seniority or recency?
Espurr looks the same regardless of what it evolves into, but will change form depending on gender. & Burmy has multiple forms depending on environment, as does its evolution... but only if its female, whereas if it's male, it becomes a different species entirely. & both Espurr & Burmy are Pokemon who had multiple choice evolutions since their debut, so you can't defer to seniority or recency there, & it's hard to say which form is stronger! So what, appeal to popularity?

With Pokemon like Scizor & Kleavor, there's questions of going by in-universe chronological order....

Wurmple's evolutionary line, IIRC, depends on extremely hidden "personality values", or did for several generations.

Perhaps it needs to be case by case, I'm just opinionated on stuff like this.

Anyway, past the page title....
Golett key lists this:
The citations cite Pokedex entries. Lemme just Pokedex entries.

BlackThe energy that burns inside it enables it to move, but no one has yet been able to identify this energy.
WhiteThese Pokémon are thought to have been created by the science of an ancient and mysterious civilization.
YAncient science fashioned this Pokémon from clay. It's been active for thousands of years.
Ultra SunIts movements are powered by a mysterious energy. It has continued to move since ancient times, so its power may soon run out.
Ultra MoonAlthough ancient people apparently built it by working with clay, the source of its energy is unclear.
SwordThey were sculpted from clay in ancient times. No one knows why, but some of them are driven to continually line up boulders.
ShieldThis Pokémon was created from clay. It received orders from its master many thousands of years ago, and it still follows those orders to this day.

Those seem to be all of Golett's distinct Pokedex entries.
The Berserk Mode thing seems to be for its evolved form, Golurk.
These may be notable for the Stamina &/or Intelligence sections.

i forget what basis we have for Detect as Precognition in the game canon.
The info we have about it that I know of it includes:
Detect (Japanese: みきり All-Seeing)
(Names are dubious evidence.)
SwShBDSPLA
SV
This move enables the user to protect itself from all attacks. Its chance of failing rises if it is used in succession.

Do we consider Phantom Force as Dimensional Travel? If so, it could just be going to where there's not a barrier & then moving through that space & re-emerging from a parallel point, bypassing a barrier like Protect through movement.

& especially a Fighting-type technique like Detect (Especially if its name translates to "All-Seeing".) MIGHT depend on being able to perceive an opponent.

But the evidence for & against is dubious, IMHO, so I'm neutral until further debate on this matter.

It looks like the move list is based on Gen 9 Level Up.
Reasonable, albeit unexpected, but again, reasonable.

Also, move list appears to be missing Magnitude.

Golett's speed is listed as as MHS+. Given the following key specifies what speeds its for, shouldn't Golett's speed also indicate which its for?

If this is meant as a games canon profile, these scans may not be valid for that, unfortunately.

Pokedex entries in case they're relevant.

BlackIt flies across the sky at Mach speeds. Removing the seal on its chest makes its internal energy go out of control.
WhiteIt is said that Golurk were ordered to protect people and Pokémon by the ancient people who made them.
Ultra SunSome say that ancient people invented Golurk to serve as a laborer. It follows its master's orders faithfully.
Ultra MoonWhen the seal on its chest is removed, it rages indiscriminately, turning the whole town around it into a mountain of rubble.
SwordArtillery platforms built into the walls of ancient castles served as perches from which Golurk could fire energy beams.
ShieldThere's a theory that inside Golurk is a perpetual motion machine that produces limitless energy, but this belief hasn't been proven.
VioletGolurk were created by ancient people to protect both people and Pokémon. They run on a mysterious energy.

The Pokedex entries for the versions Black, Sword, Shield, & Violet seem relevant especially for the Energy Manipulation justification.
(I wonder if the in-game model animations are at all relevant, but I doubt it.)

I have been up a long while at this point, & would like to tackle the other sandboxes in the OP later.

Hopefully this is appreciable & not bothersome.

IDK how other people feel about this, but I'm often of the stance that Pokemon profiles should be named for the base form first.
We don't name profiles for like, Super Saiyan Goku or Gear Five Luffy, etc.

& while the stronger, final forms are more iconic & often beloved by many fans, I think that it's an odd deviation from the standard.
Also, in the case of Pokemon with multiple possible evolutions, it causes an ambiguity to name after the final/most powerful form.

You can give Eeveelutions separate profiles, & perhaps the Hitmons, too.
But then you get to Bellossom & Vileplume & say, Poliwrath & Politoed; Do you defer to seniority or recency?
Espurr looks the same regardless of what it evolves into, but will change form depending on gender. & Burmy has multiple forms depending on environment, as does its evolution... but only if its female, whereas if it's male, it becomes a different species entirely. & both Espurr & Burmy are Pokemon who had multiple choice evolutions since their debut, so you can't defer to seniority or recency there, & it's hard to say which form is stronger! So what, appeal to popularity?

With Pokemon like Scizor & Kleavor, there's questions of going by in-universe chronological order....

Wurmple's evolutionary line, IIRC, depends on extremely hidden "personality values", or did for several generations.

Perhaps it needs to be case by case, I'm just opinionated on stuff like this.
Honestly, I just use first stage evolution for names when the evolutionary form ends up branching out and we have two or more iconic forms i.e Cofagrigus & Runerigus and Gardevoir & Gallade
Those seem to be all of Golett's distinct Pokedex entries.
The Berserk Mode thing seems to be for its evolved form, Golurk.
Moved it over to Golurk's key
These may be notable for the Stamina
I think I'll put it in possibly since the Ultra Sun entry claims that it might run out soon
or Intelligence sections.
I don't get how it'd help intelligence section. I mean, people do often cite "Skill≠Age" a ton unless you're talking about something else
Do we consider Phantom Force as Dimensional Travel?
I dunno, the description doesn't really indicate it (Which is why I removed it). However, teleportation should still cover your points
Also, move list appears to be missing Magnitude.
Added
Golett's speed is listed as as MHS+. Given the following key specifies what speeds its for, shouldn't Golett's speed also indicate which its for?
Oh, I almost forgot that first stage Pokemon are apparently SoL (Based on what's in Ralts' profile at least). Changed it and it does explain that it's combat speed
If this is meant as a games canon profile, these scans may not be valid for that, unfortunately.

Pokedex entries in case they're relevant.
Oh yeah, I can just do that
Hopefully this is appreciable & not bothersome.
Not at all! I was actually hoping for this

Oh and I just realized something. Seeing as to how this thread got passed and upgraded some mid and last stage mons, should I also modify the AP sections to match? Especially since a lot of Pokémon scale to Charizard

Last edited:
Oh and I just realized something. Seeing as to how that this thread got passed and upgraded some mid and last stage mons, should I also modify the AP sections to match? Especially since a lot of Pokémon scale to Charizard
Yeah I forgot to note that but the updated profiles like Charizard have the current excepted scaling for Mons so these new profiles got to have the same stats as them.

The profiles look pretty good overall and aside from what Koopa has pointed out, I'm going to add some thoughts of mine:

• I believe we should stick with mainline game artworks for continuity's sake, so I'd replace Golett and Chandelure's pics with the original arts. Also, I think they'd look better if put on the right instead of the center, they aren't big or wide enough to warrant that position.
  • Their resistances should match our Pokemon Profiles Standards, such as replacing resistance to Insect Manipulation with an unlinked "Resistance to Bug Moves" or Metal Manipulation to Steel type moves etc.. Lucario's profile stands as a good example for it.
  • Iirc we don't consider Ghost types as properly intangible, even though some have statements of being able to phase around surfaces and stuff. Anyway, we give them Immunity to Normal and Fighting type moves, as they are pretty tangible when hit with everything else. I might be wrong though, I'm not sure on which standards do we have on that.
  • Stamina, range and intelligence should be bolded as due to new standards.
  • I should probably make a small thread to address range scaling to Rain Dance, as I don't really see a connection, but that's for another time.
  • On Golurk's profile anime scans have been removed but Body Control is still there. It stands to reason it could be a match for what the devs intended, but withotìut clear indications I wouldn't feature it. I don't know if the 3D models in modern games show it doing that, it might be worthy to run a check.
  • Do we consider Acid Armor users as capable of regeneration? I would be more inclined to consider it self-induced melting through Body Control, as we don't know if they would be capable of restore themselves were they to be crushed, cut or whatever when not under the move's influence.
  • LS should be Unknown as a standard rating has yet to be discussed.
  • You should specify in Frillish's P&a the source of the various absorptions, like Water Absorb.
  • Yamask's Possession should be removed, if it comes only from the anime.
  • I don't think Toxic Spikes should be considered Preparation, it's a move to be cast in mid-battle, which is the opposite of Preparation.
  • Cofagrigus's Sealing seems unwarranted, it's more akin to swallowing an enemy and being strong enough to prevent them from escaping.

• Iirc we don't consider Ghost types as properly intangible, even though some have statements of being able to phase around surfaces and stuff. Anyway, we give them Immunity to Normal and Fighting type moves, as they are pretty tangible when hit with everything else. I might be wrong though, I'm not sure on which standards do we have on that.
Hmm... Maybe I'll wait for the others in the thread to elaborate
  • Do we consider Acid Armor users as capable of regeneration? I would be more inclined to consider it self-induced melting through Body Control, as we don't know if they would be capable of restore themselves were they to be crushed, cut or whatever when not under the move's influence.
Looking at the other Pokémon with Acid Armor, you might have a point. Tentacruel and Goodra don't have the regen despite knowing Acid Armor. I only added it because the original Chandelure profile had it and it was the only ability that fit unless Litwick being molten and reforming continuously counts for regen.

Otherwise, all other changes have been applied

I'm a little burned out AtM from recent activity, but in case it's relevant, Acid Armor's most recent move description is:
The user alters its cellular structure to liquefy itself, raising its defensive stats.

I'm a little burned out AtM from recent activity, but in case it's relevant, Acid Armor's most recent move description is:
The user alters its cellular structure to liquefy itself, raising its defensive stats.
Without further indications, I would be so eager to think the mon is able to reform itself even if liquefied by external sources or even to reform itself if dismembered before it could enact the self-liquefaction, or even put itself together if scattered during said liquefaction.

The profiles look pretty good overall and aside from what Koopa has pointed out, I'm going to add some thoughts of mine:
Anyway with the current changes I've applied (Besides AP and LS, I'll deal with that eventually), do you agree with these changes?

I believe that following the input you've received, and assumed that is all now changed- that this is perfectly fine.
This should be fine to be added now.

Sorry for taking like, two weeks & then suddenly throwing in all of this. Hopefully at least some of it is uncontroversial enough that some of what I've proposed can be added on without trouble.

Litwick line:

Life Manipulation (Litwick can shine a light which drains life energy[1][2][3][4])

Shouldn't this justify Light Manipulation? It may also be further justified by Confuse Ray, which has an original Japanese name of:
あやしいひかり Eerie Light
& the following move description:
"The target is exposed to a sinister ray that causes confusion."

Would Imprison not count as Sealing?
Per Bulbapedia:
  • The kanji featured in Imprison's Japanese animations is , which is the first kanji of 封印 (ふういん Fūin (Seal)), which is its Japanese name.

• Social Influencing (Via Captivate which allows the user to use their use their supernatural charm to infatuate a target of the opposite gender)
If we're calling it Supernatural, isn't it Empathic Manipulation?

I'm assuming this doesn't count as Temperature Manipulation:
SwordThe flame on its head keeps its body slightly warm. This Pokémon takes lost children by the hand to guide them to the spirit world.

Would this be a form of Limited Reactive Evolution &/or Statistics Amplification?:
ShieldThe younger the life this Pokémon absorbs, the brighter and eerier the flame on its head burns.

WhiteIt arrives near the moment of death and steals spirit from the body.
XThe spirits it absorbs fuel its baleful fire. It hangs around hospitals waiting for people to pass on.
SwordThis Pokémon appears just before someone passes away, so it's feared as an emissary of death.
ShieldIt lurks in cities, pretending to be a lamp. Once it finds someone whose death is near, it will trail quietly after them.

Enhanced Senses? Precognition? Clairvoyance? Just an Intelligence feat or something?
Presumably by "appear", they don't mean literally appear from nowhere, right?

YThe spirits burned up in its ominous flame lose their way and wander this world forever.
What of this statement? Some kind of Soul/Spirit/Ghost-affecting Mind Manipulation?

SwordThis Pokémon haunts dilapidated mansions. It sways its arms to hypnotize opponents with the ominous dancing of its flames.
Hypnotism/Mind Manipulation?
Assuming we don't consider this hypnosis through dancing flames more lire some kind of Social Influencing or very fancy/well-done Fire Manipulation.
ShieldIn homes illuminated by Chandelure instead of lights, funerals were a constant occurrence— or so it's said.
This may be notable.

Last edited:
Frillish:
WhiteThey paralyze prey with poison, then drag them down to their lairs, five miles below the surface.
(8 km in the original Japanese version.)
Do we consider this paralysis inducement?

Ultra MoonUsing the invisible poison spikes on its veillike arms and legs, it paralyzes its enemies and causes them to drown.
Hyperbole? Limited? It is a Ghost-type & a jellyfish, so being at least translucent seems plausible for the "invisibility".

Bulbapedia notes an oddity about Shield's entries:
Male
ShieldLegend has it that the residents of a sunken ancient city changed into these Pokémon.*
Used for both genders in-game.

Female
ShieldIts thin, veillike arms have tens of thousands of poisonous stingers. Females have slightly longer stingers.*
Unused in the final release of the game.

Do we consider these?
Frillish isn't known to have gendered entries prior, & it hasn't had entries in any of BD/SP, PL:A, nor S/V. (Guess that's another thing to hope PL:Z-A brings clarity on, eh?)

From the sandbox profile:
  • Absorb: The user releases two red beams at the opponent. When it hits them, the opponent's body glows red and the user absorbs their energy.
The description the sandbox uses is for the portrayal of the move in the anime.
While it's possible the anime version may be valid for the profile, Absorb is often portrayed differently in the games.

Ominous Wind is missing from the Notable Attacks/Technique section for Jellicent & Frillish's profile, despite being mentioned in the P&A.

(Limited) Life Manipulation?:
WhiteThey propel themselves by expelling absorbed seawater from their bodies. Their favorite food is life energy.
(Oh & also Water Manipulation, MAYBE Limited Statistics Amplification for Speed, IDK?)
Ultra MoonFishermen are terrified of Jellicent. It's rumored to drag them into the sea and steal their lives away.

Also, the sandbox descibes Destiny Bond as such:
  • Destiny Bond: The user casts a curse on the opponent, linking the opponent's life with their own. If the user is defeated closely within the timeframe in which Destiny Bond was used, the assailant succumbs to the same fate as them.
Justifying of Life Manipulation or not, for what it's worthm Destiny Bond's official move description is:
SVIf the user is knocked out after using this move, the Pokémon that knocked it out will also faint. This move's chance of failing rises if it is used in succession.
Admittedly, it's a rather mechanical description, likely due to the length & the move's odd nature.
Should Destiny Bond's description be reworded to be more in line with the official description? To the Sandbox version's credit, as is, it is good & worthwhile for it to explain the move's function in VSBW terms.

Male
SwordMost of this Pokémon's body composition is identical to sea water. It makes sunken ships its lair.*
ShieldWhenever a full moon hangs in the night sky, schools of Jellicent gather near the surface of the sea, waiting for their prey to appear.*

Female
SwordThese Pokémon have body compositions that are mostly identical to seawater. They make their lairs from sunken ships.*
ShieldThe crown on its head gets bigger and bigger as it absorbs more and more of the life-force of other creatures.*

Like with Frillish, in Sw/Sh, 'dex entries for the distinctly gendered forms exist, with Sw/Sh being so far the 1st & only games to do this for Frillish & Jellicent, BUT the Male version's entries are used for both genders, & the Female versions go unused.

Curiously, unlike Jellicent, Frillish also only has one entry designated for both genders in Sw/Sh, unlike Jellicent, which has two entries designated for both genders:
Both genders
SwordIt envelops its prey in its veillike arms and draws it down to the deeps, five miles below the ocean's surface.

Relatedly:
XIts body is mostly seawater. It's said there's a castle of ships Jellicent have sunk on the seafloor.

The Sword version's Male form & X entries back up a form of (Limited?) Elemental Intangibility.
Shield's male version just gives behavioural info.
The Female form entry in Shield also gives Limited Size Manipulation & more Life Manipulation justification.

Reposting it outside of the collapsible spoilers:
Frillish & Jellicent don't have Pokedex entries in any game after Sw/Sh, & in Sw/Sh only, they have gendered Pokedex entries, but:
1. Frillish has the same entry for both genders in Sword, & only uses the Male version's entry for both the Male & Female forms in Shield, with the Female Frillish entries going unused in-game.
2. Jellicent has a unique entry for both the male & female forms in both Sword & Shield (4 total.), but only the Male's Sword entry in Sword is used, & the Male's Shield in Shield is used, with the Female Sword & Female Shield entry going unused for Jellicent.

Should we use the unused female Frillish & Jellicent Pokedex entries?

Last edited:
In Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon, Yamask is capable of learning Crafty Shield as an Egg Move.
Should we include it?

Other, less exclusive Egg Moves missing from the Sandbox:
Endure.

Galarian Yamask
SwordA clay slab with cursed engravings took possession of a Yamask. The slab is said to be absorbing the Yamask's dark power.

Darkness Manipulation? Statistics Amplification? Curse Manipulation? Empathic Manipulation? Power Bestowal? Absorption? Equipment?
I'm not sure.

Cofagrigus's Sandbox page neglects info related to that Cofagrigus can learn Scary Face by Level-Up. Should be in the Notable Attacks & Techniques section, & any pertinent P&A in the appropriate sections.

IDK, if we consider this an ability, but Cofagrigus apparently can & does eat gold:
BlackIt has been said that they swallow those who get too close and turn them into mummies. They like to eat gold nuggets.
It's definitely not an ability a human or most regular real world animals can do.

Do we have a P&A for being able to eat inorganic materials?

YGrave robbers who mistake them for real coffins and get too close end up trapped inside their bodies.

IDK if this is anything either.

SwordThis Pokémon has a body of sparkling gold. People say it no longer remembers that it was once human.
Might be notable for the intelligence &/or weaknesses section.

ShieldThere are many depictions of Cofagrigus decorating ancient tombs. They're symbols of the wealth that kings of bygone eras had.
Might be notable for the Immortality Type 7 that Yamask & presumably Cofagrigus also have.
Also, does it qualify as Longevity?

SwordA powerful curse was woven into an ancient painting. After absorbing the spirit of a Yamask, the painting began to move.
More Curse Manipulation? (Or is that the doing of whoever made it rather than Runerigus?)

Also, is this Possession or something? Poltergeist-ing, since it's a Yamask's spirit making the painting move?

Sorry about the multi-posting, & being so late to going over all of this.
I hope it's helpful & not a bother nor an inconvenience.

Shouldn't this justify Light Manipulation?
Combined with how the Chandelure line is always glowing, I'd say there's more than enough evidence to give them light manip. Seems easy enough.
あやしいひかり Eerie Light
& the following move description:
"The target is exposed to a sinister ray that causes confusion."
Problem is, it's only called a light in name only. Plus a ray is usually not indicative of light
  • The kanji featured in Imprison's Japanese animations is , which is the first kanji of 封印 (ふういん Fūin (Seal)), which is its Japanese name.
Y'know, I just realized that despite Ralts being able to learn Imprison from Level Up, they don't have in in their profile (Since I did use it as a reference). Maybe we can argue for this in another CRT
If we're calling it Supernatural, isn't it Empathic Manipulation?
Yeah I guess so
I'm assuming this doesn't count as Temperature Manipulation:
It literally says slightly, plus it might just be a side effect of y'know, being on fire
Would this be a form of Limited Reactive Evolution &/or Statistics Amplification?:
I dunno, it doesn't detail what this change does to the mon
Enhanced Senses? Precognition? Clairvoyance? Just an Intelligence feat or something?
Probably the latter. The X entry does detail that it usually hangs out near hospitals so its appearances are likely just coincidences or something
This may be notable.
This entry literally has "or so it's said" at the end
Do we consider this paralysis inducement?
Probably, must've forgotten to put it there. Seems minor enough
Ominous Wind is missing from the Notable Attacks/Technique section for Jellicent & Frillish's profile, despite being mentioned in the P&A.
I'll add that
(Limited) Life Manipulation?:
They technically already have absorption of that via Strength Sap. I would assume it'd count since it does feed on it
The Sword version's Male form & X entries back up a form of (Limited?) Elemental Intangibility.
The problem is due to how intangibility works, you can't exactly have it be limited. Plus a lot of animals are also mostly liquids or seawater like IRL jellyfishes and they don't get that ability
In Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon, Yamask is capable of learning Crafty Shield as an Egg Move.
It's already in the Level Up section, I don't think it's necessary
Darkness Manipulation? Statistics Amplification? Curse Manipulation? Empathic Manipulation? Power Bestowal? Absorption? Equipment?
Problem is, it's only absorbing Yamask's power and nothing else's. Plus it doesn't detail what this "Dark Power" even is
IDK if this is anything either.
I tried to list that as Sealing but got rejected
Also, does it qualify as Longevity?
I mean, if you're already dead, you can't exactly age
More Curse Manipulation? (Or is that the doing of whoever made it rather than Runerigus?)
Honestly, it literally is just a curse in the naming sake. It could just be categorized as such due to it being the doing of Yamask
Also, is this Possession or something? Poltergeist-ing, since it's a Yamask's spirit making the painting move?
Runerigus is the painting. Moving its own body shouldn't really be an ability

I'm sorry about this, I finally got this CRT accepted and I really don't want anything else slowing it down

Combined with how the Chandelure line is always glowing, I'd say there's more than enough evidence to give them light manip. Seems easy enough.

Problem is, it's only called a light in name only. Plus a ray is usually not indicative of light
What about the move animations?
Y'know, I just realized that despite Ralts being able to learn Imprison from Level Up, they don't have in in their profile (Since I did use it as a reference). Maybe we can argue for this in another CRT
What do you mean?
If it's just the Ralts line's profile missing a move, I'd say that's a mere oversight & small enough to not need a CRT.

Or do you mean something else?
It literally says slightly, plus it might just be a side effect of y'know, being on fire
Fair.
I dunno, it doesn't detail what this change does to the mon
Doesn't it?
ShieldThe younger the life this Pokémon absorbs, the brighter and eerier the flame on its head burns.
A brighter flame is often one that burns hotter, & it'd be eerie because it's a ghost flame, no? More eerie-ness = more ghost energy?
Perhaps a possibly?
Probably the latter. The X entry does detail that it usually hangs out near hospitals so its appearances are likely just coincidences or something
Hard to find reason to disagree, so I'm unopposed to this reasoning.
This entry literally has "or so it's said" at the end
Pokemon has often been a franchise where all, if not most rumours are true.
They technically already have absorption of that via Strength Sap. I would assume it'd count since it does feed on it
That's good, too! Although, as the sandboxes currently are, Life Manipulation is absent.
The problem is due to how intangibility works, you can't exactly have it be limited. Plus a lot of animals are also mostly liquids or seawater like IRL jellyfishes and they don't get that ability
Why not Limited? What if only part of something's body has that Elemental Intangibility. If someone only has an arm that's made of seawater, do we not say it's limited?

Why don't IRL jellyfish get it?
It's already in the Level Up section, I don't think it's necessary
Okay.
Problem is, it's only absorbing Yamask's power and nothing else's. Plus it doesn't detail what this "Dark Power" even is
Unknown useage of a known power may still worth indexing.
Does anyone else have any opinion on this? (Admittedly, it's a minor matter.)
I tried to list that as Sealing but got rejected
Do you recall the rhetoric?
I mean, if you're already dead, you can't exactly age
I guess.
Maybe Pokemon's undead are different? The undead don't always need to eat, but you can feed Yamask, it can sleep, even outside of battle.
Honestly, it literally is just a curse in the naming sake. It could just be categorized as such due to it being the doing of Yamask
I'm not sure I parse the second part of what you said here.
Runerigus is the painting. Moving its own body shouldn't really be an ability
Even though the entry suggests it's a Spirit that entered an object it wasn't really controlling?
I'm sorry about this, I finally got this CRT accepted and I really don't want anything else slowing it down
I do apologize again for not bringing up what I did sooner.
I hope these matters can be minor enough that they can be accepted alongside the other stuff.

Sorry for any bother.

Perhaps a possibly?
Eh, I don't wanna risk it
Why don't IRL jellyfish get it?
Not sure, but I'll use it as a standard
If it's just the Ralts line's profile missing a move, I'd say that's a mere oversight & small enough to not need a CRT.
Moreso Imprison being sealing since it seems pretty big
Do you recall the rhetoric?
Yep, in this exact thread
  • Cofagrigus's Sealing seems unwarranted, it's more akin to swallowing an enemy and being strong enough to prevent them from escaping.

Back