• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MrKingOfNegativity

Abstract embodiment of being undesirable
VS Battles
Retired
I'll preface this by saying that this is something I've been meaning to speak up about for a while now, but I've always either lacked the time or simply felt like it wasn't the right moment. As of this writing, I have more than enough time on my hands, and I've got a feeling that this is exactly the right time and place to say what I want and need to.

Pull up a chair and have a seat. Uncle King's got a story to tell.

All of you who paid attention to me some months ago know the beginning. In the middle of the most ******* annoying extensive revision I've ever been involved in, I left, citing vague real-life "getting my shit together" reasons for why I was headed out the door. Some of you might've been wondering why I wouldn't talk about what those real-life issues were and why it was so important for me to drop everything I was doing on this site and have myself banned for a month in order to deal with them. I'm sure there was at least someone who had that on their minds, but I'm glad all the people on my hiatus thread didn't try to ask about it.

I had to leave the apartment complex that me and my family members were living in on June 20th of this year. Between overexpensive rent and unbearable amounts of family drama, things simply fell apart in a spectacular fashion. I made myself say a public goodbye because I knew what was coming several weeks in advance. I could see it unfolding. I wanted to devote my time towards preparing for what was headed my way.

The computer I was using was pawned roughly a month after my hiatus began. Not too long after, everyone took their leave. I went with my Grandmother, since we both wanted to stay here in the city I was/am living in. My mother and sister went together and moved to California.

Three weeks later, me and my Gran moved into a homeless shelter just barely west of the central district of our city. We're still living there.

"Why are you telling us this now?"
Because I wasn't bullshitting when I said I'd be back once I got my life together.

Since I left the site, I've managed to find a job, get myself a(n admittedly shitty) support network rolling, and set myself back on the path towards living a normal life again. I won't go into details about what I've had to go through in my absence, but I will say that I reckon me and my Gran will be in an apartment within the next month or two at most.

And when it's all said and done, I'll be back on this site. That's a promise I made to myself and to numerous others around here, and I plan on keeping it.

If you've made the decision to leave, then I won't stop you, because I don't tell people off for doing what they think is best. But for the people who're staying, I want this to serve as an example. This place might look like it's about to fall off its last legs, but that isn't a reason to give up, not on it's own. I can't tell you how many times I could've looked around at my situation and said "**** this. I quit.", but I'm still here and kicking, yeah?

When I get back on here for good, I'm going to personally congratulate everyone I know and care about who's managed to stick around. You'll have earned it.

Until then, hang in there, because this isn't the end. Not by a long shot.

ho boy man that's a bit of a doozy. Welp its good your still going and kicking and GL still to what you are doing

Well ugh

Holey Doley

That's a bit more then I expected

But, this is to say, you're able to talk about why 8-B Vampires are wanked now, right?

I'm sorry about the hardships you've gone through but wonderful job beginning to get things sorted out. You should be very proud of yourself for that. I wish you all the luck in the future but I certainly know you'll be able to succeed. Thanks for the positive message.

Just wow man I'm so sorry you've gone through horrible times in your life

But congratulations on all you've done we're all proud of ya for doing so and for being a great and honest person, i look forward to your return

DMUA said:
But, this is to say, you're able to talk about why 8-B Vampires are wanked now, right?
No, suffice to say, I'm not going to be dealing with any revisions on this site while I'm still homeless.

Thanks.

And thanks to everyone else, as well. I didn't post this for any well wishes (I'm already most of the way out of the hole by this point), but they're appreciated nonetheless.

Keep your heads up.

Maybe one of them should rename themselves to MrKingOfPositivity

oh

well

What everyone else said above, you got yourself a stable job so that great, and it seems you and your gran are on a path to re-stabilization.

GL dude

Also they have WiFi at the homeless shelter?

(wait why did I ask that)

@Edward not all homeless people are what you picture. A lot of them are just normal people with normal clothes that are having financial problems or other problems.

I've helped out people with those difficult situations before and yeah it's like one moment they've got a lot and then they lose it (whatever the reason).

@MrKingofNegativity I've liked you ever since I've seen you around here. Seriously you're great. Once you get yourself established I know everyone we'll be happy to have you back :).

Thank you for the words of motivation. I am very impressed by your determination and fortitude. The problems of this site pale in comparison, and I strongly agree that we have to continue to work hard to ensure that it survives, despite all of the setbacks. I also wish you the best and hope that you will get your life in order again.

Back