• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WWE guy seems to scale just below the Cy-Rager at 0.62 megajoules compared to the Cy-Rager's ~1 megajoule.

Additional joints would typically be pretty worthless but it does hard counter grapples as it would just allow the Cy-Rager to slide out of such things. Deserter Fangs are questionably useful, just another weapon.

Theory is definitely more skilled, though the Cy-Rager has Smart Technology to help guide his sword, so this is a foggy area of debate.

The Menace theoretically can proc Cy-Rage multiple times and return to full health upon doing so. It's not incredibly likely, but it isn't super unlikely either- this point is worth noting. When this happens, the Cy-Rager is going to also become faster.

I suppose I'll wait to see arguments for the WWE dude, as his P&A doesn't have much to be discussed.

I have no idea of what you're talking about it's been many years since I've seen Austin Theory last match I remember seeing of him was him at WrestleMania 21 in 2005 it's been like 18+ years. I occasionally used to chimed in but yeah it's been too long I barely even remember anything about the character or the verse.

With Muscle-Up, Rager is still at a significant AP disadvantage- the actual gap is vague, but I'd say it's still closer to 2.5x, which is enough.

Proper wrestling moves are still an ineffective means of fighting the Rager with Additional Joints, as it explicitly aids the Rager to get out of grapples and such. Since this is a Wrestling profile, I will assume this to be significant. Furthermore, I suppose fangs would be a decent move while being grappled, where his arms are (temporarily) incapacitated. If it comes down to it, Rager also has LS advantage- Class 5 vs Peak Human.

With the mixture of potential statistics amplification and regeneration, specific wrestling counters, and a general proclivity to senseless bloodshed that doesn't resemble a strategy Theory would be expected to counter, I do think I'd personally vote Rager. Theory's instinctive reaction seems extremely weak, as does his accelerated development, both requiring his opponent to give him an opportunity to use 'em.

I'll respond to Bambu's comments soon.
images

ain't happening, mang

Yeah, with a refusal to rebuke the argument you can probably just... move on to trying to get votes.

I'm, so, so sorry y'all! My IRL stuff has been kicking my ass as of late. It's really hard to find time for this wiki.

I'm, so, so sorry y'all! My IRL stuff has been kicking my ass as of late. It's really hard to find time for this wiki.
It's fine, Pepper just has a special need to see these things carried out. Hope you don't take our moving on as an offense or anything, and good luck with IRL shit.

Ight, y'all. I found some spare time.

Proper wrestling moves are still an ineffective means of fighting the Rager with Additional Joints, as it explicitly aids the Rager to get out of grapples and such. Since this is a Wrestling profile, I will assume this to be significant.
Fair enough, but Theory isn't a technician by any stretch of the imagination. He doesn't specialize in submission holds. He's a brawler.

If it comes down to it, Rager also has LS advantage- Class 5 vs Peak Human.
Theory has dealt with having an LS disadvantage on numerous occasions, a prime example being Bobby Lashley, who's a former MMA fighter, amateur wrestler, and has had military training, so Lashley is well-versed in submissions and grapples.

Theory's instinctive reaction seems extremely weak, as does his accelerated development, both requiring his opponent to give him an opportunity to use 'em.
I'd like for you to elaborate on this, specifically on the Instinctive Reactions part.

AD is useless based on the fact that it only works when Theory's facing someone who's more skilled than him.

Alright, if he doesn't do normal wrestling stuff that's fair.

I mean no offense but having dealt with some level of LS disadvantage in the past doesn't really make it less of a disadvantage. Class 5 still clobbers Peak Human if it comes down to it.

I... what? I think that, as written in the profile, his instinctive reactions require absurdly specific circumstances unlikely to come about, thus it is weak.

Alright, if he doesn't do normal wrestling stuff that's fair.
Theory's more so of a kick and punch kind of guy. His moveset is fairly basic, but he'll pull out the occasional flashy move.

Here's his full moveset if you want to see what I mean.

I mean no offense but having dealt with some level of LS disadvantage in the past doesn't really make it less of a disadvantage. Class 5 still clobbers Peak Human if it comes down to it.
Yes, that is true, but Theory (along with many other wrestlers in the WWE) have dealt with wrestlers with Class 25 LS, Theory will obviously struggle, but he can somewhat circumvent that disadvantage.

I dunno how much more the discussion needs. LS is still an advantage albeit one he can mitigate slightly. He is mostly not into outright grapples and such so that advantage is also mitigated. Everything else is still essentially the same, voting can probably just continue.

I dunno how much more the discussion needs. LS is still an advantage albeit one he can mitigate slightly. He is mostly not into outright grapples and such so that advantage is also mitigated. Everything else is still essentially the same, voting can probably just continue.
Basically this lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back