• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Strongest of Ice (DB Deku vs Shoto Todoroki)

So here it is: Start of fight: Deku is winning mostly because his is slightly smarter and stronger with better abilities. If they go all-out: Shoto decimates. I don’t think I need to explain why. There’s a fricking 500x gap in their strength.

So here it is: Start of fight: Deku is winning mostly because his is slightly smarter and stronger with better abilities. If they go all-out: Shoto decimates. I don’t think I need to explain why. There’s a fricking 500x gap in their strength.
Only Heaven Piercing Ice Wall is that powerful, so Shoto could win that way, but Deku also has multiple speed amps to get in the way of the attack hitting. He specifically starts without Gearshift which would be a good boost.

Only Heaven Piercing Ice Wall is that powerful, so Shoto could win that way, but Deku also has multiple speed amps to get in the way of the attack hitting. He specifically starts without Gearshift which would be a good boost.
To be fair… I don’t think he is getting out of range in time, especially with equalized speed. Yes he has speed boosts, but unless he set them up before the attack is fired, he is getting hit. And yeah. Anyways, maybe some creator bias for that section but to be fair, yeah this fight can be debatable.

To be fair… I don’t think he is getting out of range in time, especially with equalized speed. Yes he has speed boosts, but unless he set them up before the attack is fired, he is getting hit. And yeah. Anyways, maybe some creator bias for that section but to be fair, yeah this fight can be debatable.
It’s definitely a close call, but Izuku also was able to make a large burst of speed with Fa Jin. There’s also the fact HPIW seems to be a finishing move, meanwhile Deku used Fa Jin and Gearshift before going all out, so he could very well use his amps before the attack comes. Anyways are you voting yet?

It’s definitely a close call, but Izuku also was able to make a large burst of speed with Fa Jin. There’s also the fact HPIW seems to be a finishing move, meanwhile Deku used Fa Jin and Gearshift before going all out, so he could very well use his amps before the attack comes. Anyways are you voting yet?
… after 2 texts? Yeah sure. Deku got the start of the fight in the bag and unless Shoto absolutely has to, he wouldn’t use his Heaven Piercing Ice Wall. Sure he could use Ice Walls that strong for defense, but it’s likely Deku could just… move around. The way I see it, Deku just is more reliable in this fight, so Deku. (Though wether or not Shoto “Going Beyond” affects his speed could change this.)

… after 2 texts? Yeah sure. Deku got the start of the fight in the bag and unless Shoto absolutely has to, he wouldn’t use his Heaven Piercing Ice Wall. Sure he could use Ice Walls that strong for defense, but it’s likely Deku could just… move around. The way I see it, Deku just is more reliable in this fight, so Deku. (Though wether or not Shoto “Going Beyond” affects his speed could change this.)
Counted, going Deku FRA. It seems more likely even if Shoto does go for his strongest attack, Izuku could get out of its range with speed and traversal options.

Counted, going Deku FRA. It seems more likely even if Shoto does go for his strongest attack, Izuku could get out of its range with speed and traversal options.
Just realized Shoto has Durability Negation and Attack Reflection, so there’s that for the durability offset at the start, but my vote still stands.

Wait… actually. The Attack Reflection. That’s actually kinda useful. Now, I know it mostly works on Long-range attacks, but that still gets rid of air-bullets and Black Whip. And if it somehow manages to work on midorya’s physical moves, then he is screwed. Even if not, if he were to full power run into one of Shoto’s Ice Walls and not have it reflect, he’d probably shatter his arm with how strong they are. Maybe I should change.

Back