• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Shark (Jaws) profile WIP

NOTE: Pictures are on my blog post: here

You know the thing about sharks, he's got...lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eye. When he comes at ya, doesn't seem to be living. Until he bites ya and those black eyes roll over white. And then, ah then you hear that terrible high pitch screamin' and the ocean turns red and spite of all the poundin' and the hollerin' they all come in and rip you to pieces. Y'know by the end of that first dawn, lost a hundred men! I don't know how many sharks, maybe a thousand! I don't know how many men, they averaged 6 an hour.
~ Quint about Jaws​
==Summary==
The Shark also called Jaws (Mostly by unknowledgeable fans or in the video games), is the primary antagonist of the 1975 summer blockbuster and novel of the same name. Due to the success of both products, their have been multiple sequels, games, and even a comic about the overgrown Great White.

==Powers and Stats==
Tier: 9-B | At least 9-B | At least 9-B, likely 9-A possibly higher

Name:
The Shark (It was never given a name) | The Shark, "Jaws", "Bruce", "Brucette" or "Mrs. Jaws", "Brucetta" or "Jaws the Third", "Vengence" | Jaws

Origin: Jaws

Classification: Giant Great White Shark/Carcharodon carcharias (It was 25 feet long, meaning that it was almost as big as the extinct Megalodon, while the largest White Shark ever recorded was 21 feet long. Appeared as 35 feet in Jaws 3.)

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Enhanced Senses (Sharks can see in the dark, hear sounds from over 800 feet away, and smell a teaspoon of blood in a swimming pool. They can also detect electrical sources in the water with the spiracle in its head]) | All previous abilities, Dream Manipulation (Gives both Michael and his mother nightmares), Illusion Creation/Telepathy (Caused Ellen Brody to experience hallucinations), and Clairvoyance (Always knows the location a descendant from the Brody bloodline) via Voodoo (In the novelization of JAWS The Revenge, it is explained and hinted at that the shark's suernatural qualities were do to the actions of a vengeful voodoo witch doctor), possibly Fear Inducment (Scared Chief Brody so badly, he got a heart attack), Resistance to Pai and Electric Shocks | Stealth Mastery, Rage Power, Enhanced Senses to a higher extent,

Attack Potency: Wall level | At least Wall level (Destroyed half of a medium sized boat with a tackle, chopped limbs off with ease, cut a man in half) | At least Wall level, likely Small Building level possibly higher (WIP)

Speed: Human level at cruise speed (8 kilometres per hour), SuperHuman while attacking (56 kilometres per hour) underwater | At least SuperHuman (Could keep up with boats and dolphins), likely higher | At least SuperHuman (Can keep up and surpass boats and other aquatic life), possibly Hypersonic (Could have out swam an explosio) movement speed with Subsonic reaction speed (Can dodge bullets, missiles, and torpedos)

Lifting Strength: SuperHuman | SuperHuman (Easily carried a man on its jaws, its sheer size should give it this level of strength) | WIP

Striking Strength: Wall Class | At least Wall Class (Tackled a boat into pieces) | WIP

Durability: Wall level | Wall level (Smaller sharks can take gunshots and only suffer minor injuries. Ramming into a medium sized boat didn't do any harm. Was impaled several times and it only bled a little bit) | WIP

Stamina: High

Range: Extended melee range via size |

Standard Equipment: None

Intelligence: Animalistic, but it is a very smart predator (Has managed to pick prey and escape before the lifesavers could get it; most sharks have hunting strategies to take down larger foes) | Possibly Above Average (WIP)

Weaknesses: None Notable

Note: Original Novel | Films and Film Novelizations | Games

==Others==
Notable Victories:

Notable Losses:

Inconclusive Matches:

Problems

• I don't want this to be wank. Any abilities that seem out there or stats that seem incorrect I want to remove.

I think that 9-A seems exaggerated.

In the game Jaws: Ultimate Predator he tanks attacks from torpedoes this strong, can fight enemies this large, and one shots subs and boats by running into then or just belly flopping on them.

Some of the bossess: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weYB2aqXhtk

Also swings around a giant sperm whale which could be a good strength feat

In Jaws Unleashed he can fight opponents combarable to himself as well as having torpeados explode in his mouth without being effected.

Some bosses: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sIQA6QPEKY

If not 9-A, then "At least 9-B, likely higher or just the first part.

I suppose that "At least 9-B" could work.

I don't know. Unfortunately, I am tired, busy, and distracted.

I have some work left to do here, but then I will rest and exercise a bit.

His range should be the same for all except the games where he can throw explosive barrels and other things with his mouth.

Should be like this

Range: Extended melee range via sheer size. Several meters with thrown objects.

Sadly I haven't watched all of the films and have never touched the novels in my life, I can't help with that, sorry.

Also possible lifting strength upgrade for Jaws in the games, he managed to lift a killer whale in his jaws then ripped it in half mid-air in the second mission where you invade some sort of SeaWorld.

That orca was as large or maybe even larger than Jaws, the largest killer whales can weigh around 10 tons which is Class 10 lifting strength. I need to check how big Jaws is though, and I'm going to redownload the game again to take a good look at the models.

Aaaaaand Jaws in the games may have a limited resistance to poisons as he can survive eating poisonous lion fish but will eventually get killed if he eats more of them, but I'll check that out again.

Also in Jaws: Ultimate Predator he swings around a giant sperm whale and can do fighting technices with his body (which iir the moves would be under notable moves)

Yeah, I just watched the boss fight with the sperm whale. Could be a bigger upgrade, but it needs calcs considering the size of that thing compared to real life sperm whales.

Can you summarise what needs to be evaluated here?

Changing the pages name to "The Shark (Jaws)" or "Jaws (Character)"

Adding a original novel, film, and game key.

Evaluating the film abilities, because they are somewhat strange.

Changing/adding on to the summery.

Basically aplying the changes on this blog https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:HeadlessKramerGeoff777/The_Shark_(Jaws)

For stats just going to go wih the lowest due to not wanting to wank the character and some feats needing to be calc'ed.

Okay. Those changes seem fine to me, but you need to ask a staff member to change the name of the page.

Back