• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Radiance has a nightmare

Peppersalt43

They/Them
THE LIGHT CANNOT BE CONSUMED : 7
This is my world. And you can't ever leave : 0
Incon : 0
9-B versions used
Speed equalized
Fight takes place in Badham Pre-school 2, 32 meters apart with no LoS

Story

It all started when Anna found that moth. It was white, contrasting the gloom tones of the Entity's realm. At first, nobody paid attention to the occurrence, focusing on appeasing The Entity. However, things began to go wrong. Survivors and killers began reporting nightmares, of a higher being composed of light. It went on for several months which is when the symptoms began to show. Orange pustules began appearing on many of the killers' bodies, despite it being nowhere near October. The Blight had no clue of what could have caused it, finding many distinguishing yet minor differences to Pustula Petal use.

The killers could not function in their state, their movement becoming predictable and lame. This even extended to the survivors, creating boring matches of survivors crouch walking everywhere while killers chased their targets around a bush for hours at a time. The Entity could not punish them as they suddenly lacked the ability for complex thought, all the while they could not reap the suffering of the survivors. In a last ditch attempt to salvage her minions, The Entity tasked Freddy to investigate what happened in the dreams.

And that is how he found... The Light

Last edited:
I'll reiterate that I really disagree with the Hollow Knight beings having the size of bugs, but oh well.

In any case, let's analyse this!

AP & Dura stuff: Freddy scales to 258,322.12 joules, Radiance upscales as waaaaaay above 72617.69 joules. So, while Freddy has the advantage, we need to note that the Radiance is way smaller and its attacks would be focused on a much smaller area, and it upscales by such a massive margin it might be similar. In any case, I see this as the Radiance having the advantage, if not in raw AP, at least in actual damage output. In LS, Freddy should have this veeery handily, although I can't see it mattering in this particular fight... However, I should note that Freddy can boost himself and passively lower attributes, so who knows, maybe his AP is higher than the Radiance's, but eh. In toughness, there ain't much to say. I'd give tha advantage to Freddy, if only because he can get into Berserk Mode and he can passively exhaust people with his aura. Otherwise, the Radiance might have the advantage as she is less likely to get staggered.

Mobility: Radiance decimates in this. It is waaaay smaller, making it a much tougher target to hit, and it flies, teleports and generally moves about very quickly. Even in Freddy's dreamworld where he has a moderate control over reality and can teleport, it really cannot match the speed in which she does and how easily she spams it. Flies can dodge people with incredible ease. We are talking about a larger fly, granted, but one with equal speed and teleport spam.

Skill: Freddy is a stalker, who knows perfectly how to terrorize, hunt and kill victims. The Radiance has experience fighting people. In a direct fight, the Radiance has a very big advantage.

Powers & Versatility: The thing here is that I don't see any Mind Resistance to Freddy, which makes the Radiance... Problematic. While he is a bloodlusted killer, and he reverts to very animalistic desires in the Berserk Mode, it really isn't the same thing as the mindbreak that the Radiance does. Assuming he does endure it... Well, Freddy is the more haxxed one, but most of his abilities have a critical weakness: He needs to hit his targets for most of them to apply, are only useful when stalking someone or are way less practical against someone who isn't of his size and doesn't fight like a human being. His most useful powers would be Dream Manipulation and all, but seeing as how the Radiance can control dreams to an absurdly stupid degree and is a master Essence user, I wouldn't like Freddy's chances there. The Essence also fights ranged and in a very difficult way for Freddy to react to.

I think the Radiance should win with medium difficulties. Freddy might give some trouble, but I think the Nightmare'll end to the Brilliant Dream.

Yeah just assuming the Knight is like the size of a child would make shit so much easier.
My thing is that there is no evidence for HK being large, sure, but nor there is for HK being small. By base assumption, we assume verses as having human-sized beings. The argument of referring to them as bugs as justifying that bugs might be used as a size if only because there is nothing else to compare to seems very weird to me. Neither do the bugs of HK look like or behave like actual bugs, (And I mean biologically) nor has this ever stopped people to assume fictional universes with incredibly weird beings without the shape of anything comparable to an animal or human have assumed sizes.

I'll reiterate that I really disagree with the Hollow Knight beings having the size of bugs, but oh well.

In any case, let's analyse this!

AP & Dura stuff: Freddy scales to 258,322.12 joules, Radiance upscales as waaaaaay above 72617.69 joules. So, while Freddy has the advantage, we need to note that the Radiance is way smaller and its attacks would be focused on a much smaller area, and it upscales by such a massive margin it might be similar. In any case, I see this as the Radiance having the advantage, if not in raw AP, at least in actual damage output. In LS, Freddy should have this veeery handily, although I can't see it mattering in this particular fight... However, I should note that Freddy can boost himself and passively lower attributes, so who knows, maybe his AP is higher than the Radiance's, but eh. In toughness, there ain't much to say. I'd give tha advantage to Freddy, if only because he can get into Berserk Mode and he can passively exhaust people with his aura. Otherwise, the Radiance might have the advantage as she is less likely to get staggered.

Mobility: Radiance decimates in this. It is waaaay smaller, making it a much tougher target to hit, and it flies, teleports and generally moves about very quickly. Even in Freddy's dreamworld where he has a moderate control over reality and can teleport, it really cannot match the speed in which she does and how easily she spams it. Flies can dodge people with incredible ease. We are talking about a larger fly, granted, but one with equal speed and teleport spam.

Skill: Freddy is a stalker, who knows perfectly how to terrorize, hunt and kill victims. The Radiance has experience fighting people. In a direct fight, the Radiance has a very big advantage.

Powers & Versatility: The thing here is that I don't see any Mind Resistance to Freddy, which makes the Radiance... Problematic. While he is a bloodlusted killer, and he reverts to very animalistic desires in the Berserk Mode, it really isn't the same thing as the mindbreak that the Radiance does. Assuming he does endure it... Well, Freddy is the more haxxed one, but most of his abilities have a critical weakness: He needs to hit his targets for most of them to apply, are only useful when stalking someone or are way less practical against someone who isn't of his size and doesn't fight like a human being. His most useful powers would be Dream Manipulation and all, but seeing as how the Radiance can control dreams to an absurdly stupid degree and is a master Essence user, I wouldn't like Freddy's chances there. The Essence also fights ranged and in a very difficult way for Freddy to react to.

I think the Radiance should win with medium difficulties. Freddy might give some trouble, but I think the Nightmare'll end to the Brilliant Dream.
Thank you for the analysis. This should make voting much easier. Counted

That requires them to go mad in the first place from the infection itself, if I remember correctly
It's the Radiance's light that mindfuks enemies. That's why merely viewing her is enough to enslave most enemies. The infection is a mostly physical corruption.

Basically, viewing her light shatters the mind, then links the affected into a hivemind so the mostly mindless puppet can carry out her will in the physical world.

It's the Radiance's light that mindfuks enemies. That's why merely viewing her is enough to enslave most enemies. The infection is a mostly physical corruption.

Basically, viewing her light shatters the mind, then links the affected into a hivemind so the mostly mindless puppet can carry out her will in the physical world.
But here's the thing, some animals still retain their basic instinct. In fact if they're already a slave to something, they'll continue to fight for whoever enslaved them, such as the Hive Knight and Moss Knight.

But here's the thing, some animals still retain their basic instinct. In fact if they're already a slave to something, they'll continue to fight for whoever enslaved them, such as the Hive Knight and Moss Knight.
That's... actually a decent point. I hadn't thought of that. Alright, then I guess this version of Freddy is a slave of the Giant Ugly Spider in the Sky?

In that case, I don't feel guilty voting for the Radiance for Eliminator's reasons above then.

So, how does the Radiance being a Type 1 Abstract affect this now.
I mean you can't affect the radiance in the physical world. You can't attack a dream... or a nightmare

A dream is a concept, a concept both the knight and Freddy can infiltrate. Once inside, even physical blows will do

Back