• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Dispel targets the character, which is the thing. Not to say The Planeswalker can't do that, but we can't assume The Player resists every different form of power null resistance, some of which bypasses power null resistance.

And can he do them on a level high enough to deal with something on Emrakul's level?

Moritzva said:
Dispel targets the character, which is the thing. Not to say The Planeswalker can't do that, but we can't assume The Player resists every different form of power null resistance, some of which bypasses power null resistance.
And can he do them on a level high enough to deal with something on Emrakul's level?
"Dispel targets the character, which is the thing" Dispels work on the Storm Titan which is the conceptual embodiment of Storm magic.

"we can't assume The Player resists every different form of power null" I literally just went over the various types of power nullifications listed in my previous post. To be honest the only reason some of them aren't on his profile as power-nullification (such as absorption or mana drain) is because I didn't know those even counted as power-nullification.

"some of which bypasses power null resistance." That's why I'm voting inconclusive for now. Both the Player and Planeswalker seem to have counters to each other and counters to their counters to each other. Divine Paradox managed to completely power-null the Aethyr Titan in two different ways at once, both of which the Aethyr Titan has resistance towards through scaling.

"And can he do them on a level high enough to deal with something on Emrakul's level?" Like I said before it depends on if you're talking about it being 5D or not. The Divine Paradox is rated as 2-A, not Low 1-C. The Player has seen every ability on Emrakul's profile but they haven't dealt with any 5D beings yet. I'm under the impression that they can since there are statements which imply that Wizard101's cosmology reaches far beyond 2-A but those statements were all made late-game and we have yet to be given full context to them.

I just looked at The Player's profile and didn't see any resistance to sleep manipulation. What's stopping the Planeswalker from just putting him into a permanent coma?

Probably the supporters forgetting to give it to them, heh.

...Regardless, W101 doesn't quite have the abilities to contend here, it seems.

I'll just reiterate one more time that it's my personal belief that the Player could handle 5D in theory, but given that we're still waiting on the next arc to come out to support that idea I'm not going to keep riding off of that argument. But for the record, Moritza is right in that we forgot to add resistance to sleep manipulation. Honestly, there are probably a lot of feats that we've forgotten about due to how old the game is and how long it takes to replay it, but the Player has displayed resistance to sleep manipulation since his second key. That said, the Player has sleep manipulation as well via the Titanic Lullaby.

Back