• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Most Dangerous Game: About Ninja's profile

The tree was cartoonishly large, but it really should be calculated especially since you can't get a + sign without a calc. I suggest ninja should be downgraded to 9-B until the feat is evaluated. Also I remember that the guy who destroyed the tree stomped Ninja and the tree falling on the dude killed them, so I'm not sure if Ninja should scale to it anyways. (The fact that ninja even has a profile and it hasn't been deleted for the same reason the AVGN was deleted surprises me).

But there was a character from AVGN that only appeared in the movies and games and he got the axe. However I should probably make a thread about that because I just realized that may derail this thread.

He didn't cut it, but he didn't destroy the entire thing either. He destroyed a piece that was slightly larger and vastly thicker than Ninja, which is why the feat should be calculated rather than a 9-A+ being slapped on the profile.

As much as I hate the book I know a easy place to get the scan so I'll link the video or post a picture real quick.

Ok so the part of the tree that got destroyed was actually a lot smaller than I remember so Ninja is definitely going to be 9-B after this (though the guy that did the feat stomped Ninja so I assume he should probably just scale to his friend that effortlessly decapitate someone, which is 9-C last time I checked).

ECE9801B-F84F-4551-8BBF-831D0694D810

5DC65C7C-88B0-4255-B75A-C62DC90008E9
This is the part of the tree that got destroyed compared to Ninja, but the tree is much larger in later shots so I'm not sure if I should also post those shots as well.

Post a shot of the full tree maybe? It'd help a lot. I could probably get a calc of it.

Is the tree just...gone in an instant?

No the rest of the tree stays intact and falls onto the guy that threw the hammer killing them. The picture I posted was the part of the tree that was destroyed.

Yes but how was it destroyed. Is there no like, particles or anything? Trying to figure out if that's violent fragmentation or pulverization or something

Actually nevermind on the tree getting larger the comic perspective just, the tree size actually got smaller. The color of the backgrounds combined with the poor perspective made me think the tree fell off a cliff when it actually just hit a bluish ground (which same color the sky is in this comic).

Jackythejack said:
Yes but how was it destroyed. Is there no like, particles or anything? Trying to figure out if that's violent fragmentation or pulverization or something
That shots all we get. The hammer hits the tree and there's just a hole in it (it definitely wasn't a cut because neither of the ends match up at all, but it's so vague that we should use what ever gets the lowest value, also Ninja probably doesn't scale anyways).

I've been trying to find a good shot of the full tree but there are none. All the shots are zoomed in to close to get a good scale. The broken tree behind the green guy was the best picture I could find for scale so I suggest we just use the first picture and compare the part that was destroyed to Ninja.

318EEDD9-7D12-4ACE-9416-FAD780EE3A30

You're saying the dude who performed the feat one shots him? Is there a scan for that? Just curious. He might still scale off he didn't ******* die or was still conscious just not scale very well

I unfortunately don't own the book. There was video that had all the scans when it came to the feat, but when it comes to the fight before hand the video just summarized it. However the reason as to why the green guy is so much stronger is also in the video. When you kill people in that game you get stronger, the green guy had killed up to 15 people up to that point, and as far as I'm aware Ninja couldn't do any damage to the guy. That's why ninja tricked him into dropping a tree onto himself. Also the green guy may be a glass canon anyways since the tree falling on him instantly killed him which would get vastly lower results than the hole in the tree he made. The guy was uses a special weapon and had his damage amped so it would make sense for the guy to be a glass canon.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm4Hw5JoaAU This is the video I was using for scans. If the tree feat can't be used for lack of context the video has full context on the decapitation feat so Ninja would be 9-C at worst. Also as I've stated before I dislike Ninja and this book, I just remembered where the tree feat was shown so I posted it. If it requires more context someone else would need to buy the book, or maybe there is a video with the rest of the fight in it.

Well this verse sounds like it's gonna be pure shit when it comes to AP and dura.

Does he not get stronger at some point in the book?

Ninja gets stronger as the book goes on, though.

Also, since he game ended Moss, going by the laws of the book he should be just as strong.

He does fight one of the main villain's generals later on, but he died in one hit the first time and needed help after being resurrected. After being resurrect he also stomped someone that he had been fighting evenly with throughout the story so him getting a separate key post resurrection would probably work. Though someone that owns the comic should probably look through it. Ninja should probably be downgraded to 9-C for the time being until someone can calc the tree feat and get the full context.

BigSmoke4269 said:
Ninja gets stronger as the book goes on, though.

Also, since he game ended Moss, going by the laws of the book he should be just as strong.
I thought the book just said you get stronger per kill, not that you get as strong as the people you kill. Also Ninja didn't kill Moss, Moss killed himself due to having a tree fall on him; now if you own the book I won't argue with it because I'm honestly surprised I even joined this thread in the first place, but Ninja definitely didn't kill that guy. Also Ninja went from being one shot by a general to fighting them post being resurrected so that seems to be the point when he got a lot stronger. Especially since he went from fighting equally with Killer to beating the crap out of them around the same time.

Even if he did gain Moss's strength from "killing him", as BigSmoke was saying, I would say he needs separate keys. Either he would have a pre/post resurrection key or a pre/post Moss key. As far as I'm aware it would be post resurrection he scales to the tree feat, but maybe I missed something in the book due to going off a summary with some scans rather than the entire book.

Edit: I'm going to be working on art the rest of the night so I'll check back with the thread tomorrow whenever I get the chance.

So Moss killed fifteen people, and I'm pretty sure Killer did, too. Ninja can fight with Killer, but he isn't comparable to Moss?

BigSmoke4269 said:
So Moss killed fifteen people, and I'm pretty sure Killer did, too. Ninja can fight with Killer, but he isn't comparable to Moss?
I'm going to bed right now so I won't be able to respond after this for a really long time, but he defeated Killer after being resurrected, if he was comparable to Moss he won't have needed to trick Moss into killing himself. So either Ninja doesn't scale before Moss or he doesn't scale pre resurrection. Either way he's going to scale to Moss and he's going to have two keys. It just depends on when he got the power up, and I believe it should be post resurrection since the general one shot Ninja with zero difficulty pre resurrection. Versus post resurrection where Ninja defeated the general.

Back