• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The limits of influence/mindcontrol in the force

So apparently there's a heated debate on how things like mind control/influence works in the force. I always thought it said something about working on the weak minded but apparently arguments have been made about how one would basically control a planet of people using the force. I have no idea how this argument was made though.

I think it's not about weak-minded but more about compability of thoughts. As far as I remember Force do not work on animals or other non-intelligent life-forms at all, so I think if the difference in mind processes great enough Force mind maniputaltion will auto-fail.

Does that mena it fails to work on espers with high calculation abilities? (Not talking about accelerator specifically because the force is apparently a field which means it has vectors).

Well, I think it wil fail on somebody with some kind of strong mental disorder, ability to make somekind of multi-persona or parallel processing (by some degree).

You may as well link Accelerator's page and ask if it'd work on him.

lol actually it's pretty much already guranteed it wouldn't due to his vector reflection. The force is a field that permeates throug the universe and binds all living things together. A field has vectors, thus accel is fine.

Just wondering if it would work on others that have similar calculation abilities lol

Aurasuke said:
how about the calculation ability of 100 supercomputers?
If it's one though process - it should work, like computer virus. If it's many parallel thought processes - it could fail (some of such sub-processes could manage to restore status quo).

Hmm, so basically it may work on someone like accelerator if he didn't have his reflection, but it would fail to work on a Misaka clone due to the misaka network which connects the brain waves of over 10 000 sisters (people). Is that right?

Aurasuke said:
Hmm, so basically it may work on someone like accelerator if he didn't have his reflection, but it would fail to work on a Misaka clone due to the misaka network which connects the brain waves of over 10 000 sisters (people). Is that right?
No, I didn't mean it like this. I meant it something like Sio's ability for faster calculation through parallel processing. But on more complex scale. Network of people will be overwhelmed the same way as individual people.

Misaka isn't just an ordinary person. She's a level 5 esper. Her clones around levels 2 to 4. In short they have the processing power of around 50 super computers.

BTW how about someone like Mewtwo who can control minds? Would it work on someone who has better mind controlling abilities?

Aurasuke said:
Misaka isn't just an ordinary person. She's a level 5 esper. Her clones around levels 2 to 4. In short they have the processing power of around 50 super computers.
It doesn' matter. If supercomputer do not have dedicated processes to protect it from outside interference - it could be hacked and used. It really simple matter.

Aurasuke said:
BTW how about someone like Mewtwo who can control minds? Would it work on someone who has better mind controlling abilities?
Usually those who control minds have superior mind protections as well. So even if somebody have better mind control abilities (of the same type of mind control) Mewtwo should be able to resist it for some degree. If it's outside his own mind control type - Mewtwo won't be able resist it at all.

But wouldn't the opposite be true as well though? I mean Mewtwo could control them because it's a different type of power as well.

lol so basically who strikes first then? Shouldn't there be some kind of equalizing for this?

Back