• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Knight vs. Cuphead [Hollow Knight/Cuphead]

Because Speed is Always equalized. It gets boring. Thought, you think it would be better with Equalized Speed?

As far as I know, it is not. The Shade Cloak has a Build-Up time so it can be used and it's Ability gives the Intangibility.

The intangibility probably isn't a game mechanic, considering there are weird black barriers that cant be passed in any other way but phasing through with the shade cloak dodge. Does the hollow knight profile assume all charms used, or does that have to be specified?

Can cuphead even hit hollow knight if hollow knight has FTL reactions compared to cuphead's transonic at most?

More proof for shade cloak being temporary intangible rather than game mechanics is how the final boss has an attack that is totally undodgable without usage of the shade cloak as it sweeps the screen, indicating that it is intangibility rather than just representing a Dodge or being a speed feat like the rolls in dark souls. Also, it is described as being of the void and abyssal, i.e. derived from nothingness, which would logically include some form of intangibility. Due to this and the far greater reaction speed, I'm voting for hollow knight.

Cuphead has some pretty big advantages that are being overlooked here.

Cuphead is 26 times stronger when you compare their feats, and has a lot more versatility going for him, as well a much more powerful ranged game, which is going to keep Hollow Knight on his toes. Intangibility doesn't really close that gap as it's pretty similar to Cuphead's evasive maneuvers.

However, there are those FTL reactions/combat speed that Cuphead has to play around and the waves of firepower he provides shouldn't be too overwhelming for Hollow Knight. Plus, every hit is going to drain Cuphead of a little bit of his soul. That all should work very well in the Knight's favor.

Plus, Cuphead tends to be reckless and a lot less careful, while the whole point of Hollow Knight's game revolves around seizing opportunities and striking at the right moment. The Knight will be very good at capitalizing on any slip-ups Cuphead makes.

Because of all of this I'm putting my faith into Hollow Knight.

As for the charms, I was the one who initially made Hollow Knight's profile so I should probably add them at some point. They do grant some abilities but most of them probably won't come into play here.

Charms give Hollow knight passive attacks and range, at the very least. I'd say Knight for speed advantage.

@Arb Well, the Charms are pretty powerful. Faster Attacks, protection, HP Reg Ranged Attacks and more. I wanted to add them myself a while ago, but somehow the page did not accept any changes at all and just told me an error had ocurred.

Most of those effects are rendered moot by either the gap in speed or the gap in AP/Dura.

Knight won't be taking any hits to recover from because Cuphead is 26 times stronger and boosting speed is pointless considering the huge gap in speed already.

However it appears that the light dodging feats aren't legit. They can only be aimdodged.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
Most of those effects are rendered moot by either the gap in speed or the gap in AP/Dura.
Knight won't be taking any hits to recover from because Cuphead is 26 times stronger and boosting speed is pointless considering the huge gap in speed already.

However it appears that the light dodging feats aren't legit. They can only be aimdodged.
Actually if my memory doesn´t fail me, you can light dodge ignoring the aim

Would be f****** hard but i think it can be done, i have to test

Back