• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Unless Terry manages to land blows on Hunter and use his Damage Boost (which would be hard for him to pull off), Hunter blows away that guy's face

I'm going to assume Pallet Town is realistically more than just 3 houses but for the sake of simplicity I'll take the in-game map for reference. So, 30 ft aren't many and the village is kind of an open space, so I assume they are like behind one or two houses or something.

Given prior knowledge, I'm going to assume the Hunter is aware that Terry can KO him in a single hit and that he even shoots energy attacks. On Terry's side, SBA will let him know the direction he is, at least, at the little knowledge he is allowed to have could at least make him suspect the guy is armed, since his outfit is clearly military and may even remind him of a hunter.

Now, I don't know how expert the Hunter is at dealing with people and how good his aim is, nor what his approach would be, but I guess he'd try to keep his distance, stay out of range and maybe look for cover?
Can his radar be tuned on humans, or just animals?

I honestly am not sure what Terry would do, but he isn't a fool and would probably look out for guns. He can bide his time and has all the stamina in the world to spend and maybe keep spamming his Power Wave, maybe even trying to take down the houses, since in-game they never care too much for the surroundings during a fight.
He has great experience at dealing with projectiles, which are not bullets but is still something. He has very acrobatic techniques and movements that might let him cover the distance, either by jumping, dashing, swaying around etc... The Hunter might have knowledge of this abilities, but it doesn't outright mean he can reliably predict when will they be used and how to react or counter them.

Terry might at least notice him pulling out a pistol and a shotgun and might react accordingly, even just moving around in the open space, as the guns are fast but it's not so easy to catch people moving even irl, especially when they are as fast and nimble as Terry.
The Hunter has about 8/16 rounds for the pistol and 6/7 for the shotgun, so not too many, but still a decent amount, and I guess he is aware he doesn't have to waste them.
Still, Terry would probably try to keep him guessing, avoiding the shots while replying with his own ranged attacks, which may also be a trouble for the Hunter, or at least they would be for a real person, I don't know how much used he is at dealing with target shooting stuff back to him.

I'll wait for further input now.

I'm going to assume Pallet Town is realistically more than just 3 houses but for the sake of simplicity I'll take the in-game map for reference. So, 30 ft aren't many and the village is kind of an open space, so I assume they are like behind one or two houses or something.

Given prior knowledge, I'm going to assume the Hunter is aware that Terry can KO him in a single hit and that he even shoots energy attacks. On Terry's side, SBA will let him know the direction he is, at least, at the little knowledge he is allowed to have could at least make him suspect the guy is armed, since his outfit is clearly military and may even remind him of a hunter.

Now, I don't know how expert the Hunter is at dealing with people and how good his aim is, nor what his approach would be, but I guess he'd try to keep his distance, stay out of range and maybe look for cover?
His radar has been shown to tune to things other than dinosaurs given it’s shown to work on yeti’s so I think it would work on humans.

He’s hunted things other than dinosaurs and the radar has worked on them: but I assume he’d need to know who his opponent is first then have prep to tune the radar so it can track them

He’s never fought opponents that have range but I assume he has since they were gonna add a poacher into the games and you could hunt that but it was scrapped.

His aim is good enough that he can actually shoot targets from 400ft away (sniper rifle though but in the game if your good enough any weapon can shoot something from far away)

The hunter can also shoot a t-Rex in the eye from far away too. In terms of aim

Last edited:

I honestly am not sure what Terry would do, but he isn't a fool and would probably look out for guns. He can bide his time and has all the stamina in the world to spend and maybe keep spamming his Power Wave, maybe even trying to take down the houses, since in-game they never care too much for the surroundings during a fight.
He has great experience at dealing with projectiles, which are not bullets but is still something. He has very acrobatic techniques and movements that might let him cover the distance, either by jumping, dashing, swaying around etc... The Hunter might have knowledge of this abilities, but it doesn't outright mean he can reliably predict when will they be used and how to react or counter them.

Terry might at least notice him pulling out a pistol and a shotgun and might react accordingly, even just moving around in the open space, as the guns are fast but it's not so easy to catch people moving even irl, especially when they are as fast and nimble as Terry.
The Hunter has about 8/16 rounds for the pistol and 6/7 for the shotgun, so not too many, but still a decent amount, and I guess he is aware he doesn't have to waste them.
Still, Terry would probably try to keep him guessing, avoiding the shots while replying with his own ranged attacks, which may also be a trouble for the Hunter, or at least they would be for a real person, I don't know how much used he is at dealing with target shooting stuff back to him.

Does the above answer your questions?

So saman terry has the skill advantage but would what I say mean hunter wins more? Since he has a gun and can shoot terry especially given it’s a spread out one aka shotgun?

It feels so weird for fatal fury to be 9-B and superhuman, I feel like something is missing. Though for the time being, if Terry was faster I would vote for him, but since he isn’t speed equalization still has the bullets be bullets to him so there’s no way he’s crossing the distance before getting gunned down. Especially since the hunter is decently skilled enough with the rifle to hit a relatively hard shot. Definitely a harder shot than hitting any fatal spot on a dude who’s practically in the middle of the open.

It feels so weird for fatal fury to be 9-B and superhuman, I feel like something is missing. Though for the time being, if Terry was faster I would vote for him, but since he isn’t speed equalization still has the bullets be bullets to him so there’s no way he’s crossing the distance before getting gunned down. Especially since the hunter is decently skilled enough with the rifle to hit a relatively hard shot. Definitely a harder shot than hitting any fatal spot on a dude who’s practically in the middle of the open.
So voting the hunter also their out of sight and the various buildings can allow for sneak attacks

Considering they are used to fighting things that can instantly kill them, I doubt the Hunter would just walk up to the buildings rather than just circle around them the long way until Terry charges out because he would absolutely think he could close the distance not knowing he absolutely would not be able to. Since SBA has it the opponents know where each other start (due to that goofy invisible man fight) Terry’s advantage there is thrown out the window. I’ll vote the Hunter yeah to make it clearer.

He’s never fought opponents that have range but I assume he has since they were gonna add a poacher into the games and you could hunt that but it was scrapped.
If it was scrapped, then it should not be counted.
That said, the Hunter will probably be at his own disadvantage here. I'm not sure how nimble he is in his footing, but aside from shooting he'll have to guard himself against the power waves Terry will be shooting him in return, considering they would oneshot him.
In this case, he'd have to aim, hold on his gun and move aroundm which may prove difficult, since Terry can also modulate the speed of the projectile and can spam it indefinitely, given his much higher stamina, and can likewise afford to bide his time for hours. Conversely, the Hunter has limited ammos and stamina, and even changing weapons might open a blind spot in the heat of battle, unless he manages to keep Terry away for a long time.
Terry would have the basic knowledge of the guns having limited ammos.

I could actually see Terry covering the distance, maybe by launching one or more waves and running or dashing after them, maybe trying to do it overtime, while keeping the Hunter busy and not giving him time to shoot again, maybe trying to capitalize on a moment of pause he has to take to dodge, turn around or get back into shooting position.

His aim is good enough that he can actually shoot targets from 400ft away (sniper rifle though but in the game if your good enough any weapon can shoot something from far away)
The hunter can also shoot a t-Rex in the eye from far away too. In terms of aim
Uhm, how good is him in terms of moving targets?
Because even in real life a marksman isn't necessarily as able as another in hitting fast-moving targets, instead of a still or semi-still one. I saw some footage of the raptors moving quickly in the game, but Terry adds human cunning and super acrobatics to it.

It feels so weird for fatal fury to be 9-B and superhuman, I feel like something is missing.
This is the original series, not KoF, so it's much more grounded and has very little material to draw from. There were a couple of CRTs where we discussed the matter when I first made the profiles. I have recently found some old books, which I will have to translate at some point, but so far it's been surprisingly poor in feats.

Though for the time being, if Terry was faster I would vote for him, but since he isn’t speed equalization still has the bullets be bullets to him so there’s no way he’s crossing the distance before getting gunned down. Especially since the hunter is decently skilled enough with the rifle to hit a relatively hard shot. Definitely a harder shot than hitting any fatal spot on a dude who’s practically in the middle of the open.
I'd have to argue that hitting human target in real life it's not as easy as it might sound, since guns are fast but also travel in straight lines and aim-dodging, even involuntarily, is pretty common.
Here Terry isn't just quite athletic and overall very experienced with characters throwing stuff at him, he is also super acrobatic and, as said above, can bide his time and shoot back for much longer than the Hunter.

That said, the Hunter will probably be at his own disadvantage here. I'm not sure how nimble he is in his footing, but aside from shooting he'll have to guard himself against the power waves Terry will be shooting him in return, considering they would oneshot him.
In this case, he'd have to aim, hold on his gun and move aroundm which may prove difficult, since Terry can also modulate the speed of the projectile and can spam it indefinitely, given his much higher stamina, and can likewise afford to bide his time for hours. Conversely, the Hunter has limited ammos and stamina, and even changing weapons might open a blind spot in the heat of battle, unless he manages to keep Terry away for a long time.

I could actually see Terry covering the distance, maybe by launching one or more waves and running or dashing after them, maybe trying to do it overtime, while keeping the Hunter busy and not giving him time to shoot again, maybe trying to capitalize on a moment of pause he has to take to dodge, turn around or get back into shooting position.

Because even in real life a marksman isn't necessarily as able as another in hitting fast-moving targets, instead of a still or semi-still one. I saw some footage of the raptors moving quickly in the game, but Terry adds human cunning and super acrobatics to it.

This is the original series, not KoF, so it's much more grounded and has very little material to draw from. There were a couple of CRTs where we discussed the matter when I first made the profiles. I have recently found some old books, which I will have to translate at some point, but so far it's been surprisingly poor in feats.

I'd have to argue that hitting human target in real life it's not as easy as it might sound, since guns are fast but also travel in straight lines and aim-dodging, even involuntarily, is pretty common.
Here Terry isn't just quite athletic and overall very experienced with characters throwing stuff at him, he is also super acrobatic and, as said above, can bide his time and shoot back for much longer than the Hunter.
They can shoot moving targets pretty well but yeah he does have trouble if the target is moving side to side instead of straight line.

He can shoot them if their moving in a straight line but if zig zagging yeah it’s a little difficult

Considering they are used to fighting things that can instantly kill them, I doubt the Hunter would just walk up to the buildings rather than just circle around them the long way until Terry charges out because he would absolutely think he could close the distance not knowing he absolutely would not be able to. Since SBA has it the opponents know where each other start (due to that goofy invisible man fight) Terry’s advantage there is thrown out the window. I’ll vote the Hunter yeah to make it clearer.
Out of sight means they don’t see each other and have to find where they are.

So what is your vote?

(Responding to Saman) Not only are you vastly overestimating how hard it is to shoot a person (seriously real people don’t just often aim dodge, 99% of the time you absolutely just get shot by the supersonic projectile), especially one as large as terry. Though that’s even just a normal gun used by a normal guy, the Hunter constantly shoots superhuman dinosaurs in spots like the eyes. That’s accurate enough to practically 360 no scope this version of Terry. Also I know it’s fatal fury terry, I just feel like theirs an 9-A or 8-C feat that’s been missed, but I’ll look later. Definitely believe there is a bullet dodge feat in one of the games if I remember correctly. But again that would need to be for later.

(Responding to Saman) Not only are you vastly overestimating how hard it is to shoot a person (seriously real people don’t just often aim dodge, 99% of the time you absolutely just get shot by the supersonic projectile), especially one as large as terry. Though that’s even just a normal gun used by a normal guy, the Hunter constantly shoots superhuman dinosaurs in spots like the eyes. That’s accurate enough to practically 360 no scope this version of Terry. Also I know it’s fatal fury terry, I just feel like theirs an 9-A or 8-C feat that’s been missed, but I’ll look later. Definitely believe there is a bullet dodge feat in one of the games if I remember correctly. But again that would need to be for later.
Depends on the the way the target is moving honestly, you can read and watch a lot of comments from irl people saying that hitting a moving target isn't that easy as it may sound, of course there a million factors at play and automatic weapons make the job easier for pure rate of fire, but even for trained people aren't guaranteed to always nail a shot on a moving person.
Of course it's not impossible, and people are generally running for their lives, in a straight line or something, but here we have a dude who can both move in superhuman ways (quick sways, rolls, sliding kicks can be tricky, for example), but also has a decent experience at dealing with people throwing stuff at him. Of course it's not 1:1 comparison for a bullet and a fireball/energy wave/tornado/kunai etc.. but it's something.

Shooting superhuman dinosaurs in the eyes at first is impressive, but it also depends on how. If you strike the dinosaur while it's still or moving slowly it's one thing, the other is doing some gun-fu type of shenanigan, like Dante or Bayonetta, which is anything but granted. Can the hunter really do a 360 no scope so easily as you claim?
Also, we have to remember Terry will shoot back at him, and the hunter has to deal with that too, even just being throw off balance by having to dodge the wave while Terry may come at him with a jumping attack, a dashing one (which by nature have him moving somewhat faster than when running), might be troublesome, as it doesn't seem like the Hunter can so easily pull of dodging and no-aim-shooting like other videogame characters.

Btw, if you can find more feats, be my guest, I honestly couldn't find anything reliable. For the bullet feat, you may be referring to Billy blocking a sniper shot directed at Geese, but that occurs in KoF '96.

Depends on the the way the target is moving honestly, you can read and watch a lot of comments from irl people saying that hitting a moving target isn't that easy as it may sound, of course there a million factors at play and automatic weapons make the job easier for pure rate of fire, but even for trained people aren't guaranteed to always nail a shot on a moving person.
Of course it's not impossible, and people are generally running for their lives, in a straight line or something, but here we have a dude who can both move in superhuman ways (quick sways, rolls, sliding kicks can be tricky, for example), but also has a decent experience at dealing with people throwing stuff at him. Of course it's not 1:1 comparison for a bullet and a fireball/energy wave/tornado/kunai etc.. but it's something.

Shooting superhuman dinosaurs in the eyes at first is impressive, but it also depends on how. If you strike the dinosaur while it's still or moving slowly it's one thing, the other is doing some gun-fu type of shenanigan, like Dante or Bayonetta, which is anything but granted. Can the hunter really do a 360 no scope so easily as you claim?
Also, we have to remember Terry will shoot back at him, and the hunter has to deal with that too, even just being throw off balance by having to dodge the wave while Terry may come at him with a jumping attack, a dashing one (which by nature have him moving somewhat faster than when running), might be troublesome, as it doesn't seem like the Hunter can so easily pull of dodging and no-aim-shooting like other videogame characters.

Btw, if you can find more feats, be my guest, I honestly couldn't find anything reliable. For the bullet feat, you may be referring to Billy blocking a sniper shot directed at Geese, but that occurs in KoF '96.
Yeah

Here’s some gameplay of the series btw saman

I counted you and Lloyd’s vote for hunter

But saman hasn’t voted yet so I’ll wait

I don’t think SBA works like that

It’s possible to sneak attack someone since your not in line of sight

You absolutely know the starting location, I was in the match that created that part of the rule. The hunter would just not run into the covered area and stay away, they have a rifle, no reason not to use its biggest advantage of range and wait or circle like any real hunter would.

Also as someone who has shot guns, there is absolutely no way Terry is dodging enough shots to close any relatively big distance. He has no special mobility once so ever versus a guy who is an above average shot. If he rolls or jumps that would be so telegraphed on where to shoot if he lands, and anything else you really aren’t going to try and argue you or Terry can consistently dodge a rifle that is aiming at you from running at its general direct, the Hunter is not a storm trooper.

Also as someone who has shot guns, there is absolutely no way Terry is dodging enough shots to close any relatively big distance. He has no special mobility once so ever versus a guy who is an above average shot. If he rolls or jumps that would be so telegraphed on where to shoot if he lands, and anything else you really aren’t going to try and argue you or Terry can consistently dodge a rifle that is aiming at you from running at its general direct, the Hunter is not a storm trooper.
It ain’t a stomp is it?

I mean, it’s one of those matches that if the opponent gets to do anything they instantly win, just the other opponent counters that. Every time I always say eh, whatever everyone else thinks.

Hold on I just realized the Hunter has a shot gun here not a rifle, Terry is so dead! Like I thought Terry would have a bit of time between the shots and the hunter would have to aim, a shot gun negates both of those. This is Terry right now:

Hold on I just realized the Hunter has a shot gun here not a rifle, Terry is so dead! Like I thought Terry would have a bit of time between the shots and the hunter would have to aim, a shot gun negates both of those. This is Terry right now:

Gonna remove the shotgun then so he only has a pistol

Changed it btw the radar means he knows where terry is exactly but he only has a pistol

Do they not have a rifle? With the pistol at least it doesn’t have spread, but the semi automatic nature does mean Terry is going to be even more hard pressed to dodge at all much less consistently. When both are superhuman but one has subsonic+ projectiles (or supersonic, depends on the pistol). Though I guess also without the spread Terry can likely toughen out a hit through endurance as the shot will likely go straight through him rather than like explode him like the shot gun would. Still think he gets gun down, but at least it isn’t like he explodes with no chance the dodge like with the last gun lol.

Do they not have a rifle? With the pistol at least it doesn’t have spread, but the semi automatic nature does mean Terry is going to be even more hard pressed to dodge at all much less consistently. When both are superhuman but one has subsonic+ projectiles (or supersonic, depends on the pistol). Though I guess also without the spread Terry can likely toughen out a hit through endurance as the shot will likely go straight through him rather than like explode him like the shot gun would. Still think he gets gun down, but at least it isn’t like he explodes with no chance the dodge like with the last gun lol.
Rifle is optional equipment,

If it ain’t the pistol it’s optional equipment

Back