• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Here I am.

With both of them being 50 ft away (I use the metric system so about 15.24 meters), the hunter outranges by a bloody ton. Assuming his equipment AP is around 35 MJ (unless I'm wrong since I checked up the calcs of the verse), Black Sun can close the distance fine enough if he plans to just tank the fire, due to the dura diff of 50.9 MJ. He will obviously dodge and use his blade to parry the bullets coming his way and even with speed equalization, Kotaro's reaction speed is still faster. Class M against an above average human LS is going to be extremely problematic for Old Hunty here and not only that, but his durability also makes it that one pat from the bugman will knock him out stone cold. Since it's Black Sun, he'll obviously go for incap against the hunter like a throw or something to defeat him so there won't be killing involved.

We have to get the camouflage out of the way, because that really won't make much of a difference honestly, due to Black Sun's two enhanced senses and extrasensory perception. He's going to pick up light intensity, humidity, vibration, wind velocity among other things while also having a greater field of vision with his compound eyes and antenna, and that's from his kaijin form one. His rider form will allow him to see clearly from 800 meters away, even in dark places. His antenna should now be upgraded to detect subtle changes in the environment, such as air currents and temperature, as well as the source of the attack, allowing for swift evasion and defense, and paired with his extrasensory perception that lets him detect presence hiding in shadows, murderous intent, and approaching danger, it won't be long before Black Sun is back at the chase for the hunter should he even get the chance to hide away from him, which would probably be slim.

Close Range is where Kotaro will dominate, since he'll be going for breaking any and every single one of his weapon he gets his hands on, before he deals the decisive blow to knock him out. The few wincons the hunter has is to successfully evade him while shooting as much as possible and have his tranquilizer hit Black Sun, since he doesn't resist sleep manip at all.

Other than that, I honestly see it as a low to possibly maybe half-mid diff win for Black Sun.

Here I am.

With both of them being 50 ft away (I use the metric system so about 15.24 meters), the hunter outranges by a bloody ton. Assuming his equipment AP is around 35 MJ (unless I'm wrong since I checked up the calcs of the verse), Black Sun can close the distance fine enough if he plans to just tank the fire, due to the dura diff of 50.9 MJ. He will obviously dodge and use his blade to parry the bullets coming his way and even with speed equalization, Kotaro's reaction speed is still faster. Class M against an above average human LS is going to be extremely problematic for Old Hunty here and not only that, but his durability also makes it that one pat from the bugman will knock him out stone cold. Since it's Black Sun, he'll obviously go for incap against the hunter like a throw or something to defeat him so there won't be killing involved.

We have to get the camouflage out of the way, because that really won't make much of a difference honestly, due to Black Sun's two enhanced senses and extrasensory perception. He's going to pick up light intensity, humidity, vibration, wind velocity among other things while also having a greater field of vision with his compound eyes and antenna, and that's from his kaijin form one. His rider form will allow him to see clearly from 800 meters away, even in dark places. His antenna should now be upgraded to detect subtle changes in the environment, such as air currents and temperature, as well as the source of the attack, allowing for swift evasion and defense, and paired with his extrasensory perception that lets him detect presence hiding in shadows, murderous intent, and approaching danger, it won't be long before Black Sun is back at the chase for the hunter should he even get the chance to hide away from him, which would probably be slim.

Close Range is where Kotaro will dominate, since he'll be going for breaking any and every single one of his weapon he gets his hands on, before he deals the decisive blow to knock him out. The few wincons the hunter has is to successfully evade him while shooting as much as possible and have his tranquilizer hit Black Sun, since he doesn't resist sleep manip at all.

Other than that, I honestly see it as a low to possibly maybe half-mid diff win for Black Sun.
Most of these points are very much valid, though I'm not sure if he'll be able to parry bullets due to how speed equalization works. Hunter's more powerful weapons upscale from his 9-A AP via oneshotting Dinos that are much stronger than the one who performed the feat. How does Black Sun deal with lasers?
Honestly, I don't think even the radar would matter, but sure I guess.
It really wouldn't lol. I just want him to have prior knowledge to make the fight a tiny bit more fair.

I'm not sure if he'll be able to parry bullets due to how speed equalization work.
I assume that's from his supersonic combat speed, but I'm not too sure either. I don't know how much that would be equalized to.

Hunter's more powerful weapons upscale from his 9-A AP via oneshotting Dinos that are much stronger than the one who performed the feat.
Should he get hit, his mid-low regen would probably just help keep him in the fight longer, and he should have his damage reduction from his Ex-Shell Armor exoskeleton to soften the non-laser blows.

How does Black Sun deal with lasers?
Probably just dodging but if NPI also works on lasers, then blocking it with his blade will make it easier (provided we deal with whether he can do that or not due to the speed thingy).

prior knowledge to make the fight a tiny bit more fair
Fair enough.

Uhh having prior knowledge is just the hunter knowing that he has good senses and can punch hard really. So it wouldn't make much difference other than his defeat being slower (???). At the very least it might give him a chance to land a tranquiliser on him.

Anyways it's an open-and-shut case really, voting for the bugman.

Uhh having prior knowledge is just the hunter knowing that he has good senses and can punch hard really. So it wouldn't make much difference other than his defeat being slower (???). At the very least it might give him a chance to land a tranquiliser on him.

Anyways it's an open-and-shut case really, voting for the bugman.
Can the tranquilizer puncture the suit though? Given it’s a suit and not his skin?

Now that you mention it, it's an exoskeleton and his one at this point would be quite durable and paired with the damage reduction.... Oof indeed.
And I don't think it's a suit in-universe either.

Now that you mention it, it's an exoskeleton and his one at this point would be quite durable and paired with the damage reduction.... Oof indeed.
Tbh I do think given all the weapons the hunter can land enough shots to actually break through the armor and possible kill him if I remove the tranquilizers.

He’s very good aim considering he can aim at a t-Rex’s eyes from far away and kill him.

So I’d say shooting enough times in the head will give him a chance to kill Black sun.

I’d say bug man wins most of the time but Shadow I think you can argue there’s a slim chance with semi automatic weapons like the rifle or Revolver he can blast a hole through the exoskeleton and through Black suns brain and kill bin

Only the lasers might give him a run for his money, and even then, he might be able to just dodge them all to close the distance to get into CQC range. It's a valid wincon, but it's a bit unlikely he's just going to eat all the bullets like that. Assuming the location too, we can say that there could be trees that can help him go through to avoid some projectiles too.

Only the lasers might give him a run for his money, and even then, he might be able to just dodge them all to close the distance to get into CQC range. It's a valid wincon, but it's a bit unlikely he's just going to eat all the bullets like that. Assuming the location too, we can say that there could be trees that can help him go through to avoid some projectiles too.
The laser rifle doesn’t shoot lasers it’s simply called that because it’s got a laser sight

I’d best be using his first key then

I mean if we give black sun his second key both sides now can one-shot each other but that makes it a bit more fair

I assume that's from his supersonic combat speed, but I'm not too sure either. I don't know how much that would be equalized to.

Should he get hit, his mid-low regen would probably just help keep him in the fight longer, and he should have his damage reduction from his Ex-Shell Armor exoskeleton to soften the non-laser blows.

Probably just dodging but if NPI also works on lasers, then blocking it with his blade will make it easier (provided we deal with whether he can do that or not due to the speed thingy).

Fair enough.
I have changed the op. A bit

A few things have changed, but the wincons stay the same. Black Locust Kaijin still has his enhanced senses that can at the very least keep him on his toes. As he also scales to Aoi and Shadow Moon in his Kaijin form dodging bullets, he shouldn't have a problem doing so either. He still has his blades here so he can use that to block some shots and probably chuck the blunt end of it right at the hunter.

The hunter's shotgun may finally shine but he's got to shoot before Kotaro gets a hold of it and breaks it or something.

A few things have changed, but the wincons stay the same. Black Locust Kaijin still has his enhanced senses that can at the very least keep him on his toes. As he also scales to Aoi and Shadow Moon in his Kaijin form dodging bullets, he shouldn't have a problem doing so either. He still has his blades here so he can use that to block some shots and probably chuck the blunt end of it right at the hunter.

The hunter's shotgun may finally shine but he's got to shoot before Kotaro gets a hold of it and breaks it or something.
So you vote kotaro?

Do let you know since this is second key he’s 9-B while the hunter’s weapons are around upscale 35 megajoules so I mean they one-shot each other

But I understand your argument so I’ll vote for kotaro fra

But you are voting for kotaro right? So I can count it

Back