• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is just the shield that is (at least) SS level. Thor can normally not even scratch it, but managed to dent it with the Odinforce.

What would it taken to outright destroy Captain America's shield and Adamantium?

I read a Death Battle Bio of Cap America on DA where the only ways you can destroy the shield is through some molecular manipulation or somehting like that. *shrugs*

Molecular manipulation. I remembered another time that it was physically destroyed by the Serpent.

Well, the Serpent and Thor with the Odinforce both managed to severely damage it.

Antvasima said:
Well, the Serpent and Thor with the Odinforce both managed to severely damage it.
Okay. But that the thing about having molecular manipulation is a good alternative if one does not have the power or strength to damage Cap's shield.

I suppose so, yes. But I don't remember any time that it was damaged in this manner (except for by the Molecule Ma, but he is extremely powerful)

To be fair, it was only a Death Battle Bio on DA that i got it off from. Idk to what extent how true it is considering that the Death Battle writers there get information for there BIO's and fight from anywhere on the site....

Dekoshu said:
What would it taken to outright destroy Captain America's shield and Adamantium?
Thanos with The Infinity Gauntlet can one shot cap shield with the power Gem and turn Logan Adamantium to rubber.

Serpent broke Captain America's shield once. Though he did it through magic, not physical strength.

Look at the part where he muttered something runic before proceeding to break it.

Captain america shield broken
Serpent muttering in runic before breaking Cap's shield

So yeah. Only molecular haxx can break it.

Not Jim Sterling said:
what? since when power Gem is have molecular hax? since Thanos one shot cap shield with the power Gem.
Oh right. Power Gem. My bad. Though was it really the Power Gem? Iirc, Thanos had the entire gauntlet, gems included, when he slapped the indestructibility out of the shield.

As I mentioned, Thor with the Odinforce damaged it severely with physical strength alone.

Gemmysaur said:
Not Jim Sterling said:
what? since when power Gem is have molecular hax? since Thanos one shot cap shield with the power Gem.
Oh right. Power Gem. My bad. Though was it really the Power Gem? Iirc, Thanos had the entire gauntlet, gems included, when he slapped the indestructibility out of the shield.
Well thanos just punch cap shield so there are definitely not reality or molecular hax.

Not Jim Sterling said:
Well thanos just punch cap shield so there are definitely not reality or molecular hax.
You mean when Thanos banged on the shield with a magical fist before slapping it into ruins?

Thanos breaks the shield
See the glowing fist that cracked the shield prior to swatting it away.

Gemmysaur said:
Not Jim Sterling said:
You mean when Thanos banged on the shield with a magical fist before slapping it into ruins?
Thanos breaks the shield
See the glowing fist that cracked the shield prior to swatting it away.

Well he can turn logan Adamantium to rubber without even touching it, and thanos will do his best to only use power gem in order to impress the mistress death, also seriously power gem is hax, since it allow thanos to mastery every power and energy that exist or will ever exist in universe.

Antvasima said:
Notice how Thor's regular bluish white lightning does nothing to the shield beyond throwing Cap backwards? Then, Thor whacks again, this time the lightning is yellow. That was what dented the shield.

Thor then proceeded to mend the shield with yellow sparks. That was not strength as well as he was hammering the inner side of the dent, not the bump on the side of the shield's handle.

I believe that was the Odin Force at work.

The fight is here.

Well, when he struck the shield he strictly used the physical power derived from the Odinforce, so I think that we are entering wild speculation territory. It is possible to destroy the shield with sufficient amounts of physical force, but it takes low cosmic entity level power to do so.

Not to mention energy attack or energy enhanced attack is still strength since what the energy do is just make the attack to become even more powerful but not ignore conventional durability like reality or molecular hax

Antvasima said:
Well, when he struck the shield he strictly used the physical power derived from the Odinforce, so I think that we are entering wild speculation territory. It is possible to destroy the shield with sufficient amounts of physical force, but it takes low cosmic entity level power to do so.
This I can agree with.

Question pls. How do we define haxx? Are amps like Odin Force (only the physical part) considered?

No. Thor was mostly able to use the Odinforce to enhance the raw power of his attacks.

Antvasima said:
No. Thor was mostly able to use the Odinforce to enhance the raw power of his attacks.
Ok then. Thanks.

Atleast the thread came to a conclusion of sorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back