• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Usually in the middle of the fight.

If you've never played the game, I'd recommend watching the Yasuhira Koga and Spirit of Yarikawa boss fight for the best examples

With Prep he's got a ton of Poison, and resorts to stealth If need be.

He doesn't really use technique with his gear, as he thinks it's dishonorable, unless against Mongols and such.

With Prep he's got a ton of Poison, and resorts to stealth If need be.

He doesn't really use technique with his gear, as he thinks it's dishonorable, unless against Mongols and such.
I mean, he can reason that Scorpion is a demon and as such deserves no honor. This would be further reinforced if Scorpion uses his fire attacks since let's be honest, how do you explain a guy taking off the skin on his head and revealing a burning skull in place of a normal one?

Usually in the middle of the fight.

If you've never played the game, I'd recommend watching the Yasuhira Koga and Spirit of Yarikawa boss fight for the best examples
Alright, I just watched Koga's boss fight. As cool as it would be for Jin to use Scorpion's signature "GET OVER HERE!" move, I don't think the version of Scorpion you chose has any notably unique moves that Jin needs to replicate besides the one I just mentioned.

I mean, he can replicate it. He has a kunai and a rope. And Scorpion's teleportation can be quite troublesome. That move combined Perception Amplification and lack of prior knowledge can allow him to catch Scorpion when teleporting. The only problem is, Scorpion is notorious for being very angry and extremely ruthless. Jin would have to survive long enough to pull off the move I just described

I'll note that Jin actually does have prior knowledge, both have 3 days of Preparation
When I said lack of prior knowledge I meant on Scorpion's end. It means he doesn't know that Jin is studying his moves.

Can Jin learn a move without directly observing it?

Yes. He observes mongol leaders fighting styles, just watching them from a distance. And then makes new styles for those specific guys

Yes. He observes mongol leaders fighting styles, just watching them from a distance. And then makes new styles for those specific guys
Well then... My vote goes to Jin for now. He can now counter one of Scorpion's strongest abilities while also being partially resistant his other ability. I think Jin wins this with Mid to High difficulty

Okay, so this whole thread ignores the fact that Scorpion's flame is 9-A and can incinerate a good amount of metal in seconds. Jin's meager resistance against mundane fire isn't saving him from that. If it comes to Scorpion using his fire, then Jin's pretty much done for.

This is also ignoring the fact that Scorpion has two useful types of immortality here. Unless Jin decapitates him or does any similar attack beyond his Low-Mid regen, Scorpion is going to walk off every wound that he sustains from him. The sequel shows him having resurrection reliant on the magic amulet fused with his soul, but I'm not counting it here because it takes time and he resurrects in the Netherrealm.

As for his technique copying, I don't think Jin can fully copy it. Scorpion's style revolves around teleportation + physical strikes, so Jin would only be copying the latter. Given how effective Scorpion fights with his teleportation and acrobatics, Jin would be left with a lesser version of Scorpion's technique, while the original user gets to use its advantages like convenient dodging and repositioning.

I assume this is a vote for Scorpion?

Also I still ain't even seen scorpions revenge yet alone battle of the realms.

As for his technique copying, I don't think Jin can fully copy it. Scorpion's style revolves around teleportation + physical strikes, so Jin would only be copying the latter. Given how effective Scorpion fights with his teleportation and acrobatics, Jin would be left with a lesser version of Scorpion's technique, while the original user gets to use its advantages like convenient dodging and repositioning.
I did say that there isn't a lot of notable moves Jin can copy off Scorpion besides his famed attack. It's pretty accessible even without teleportation, Batman from Injustice has a move like that and its purpose is to close the gap, something that exists when your opponent is teleporting all over the place.

Are there any enemies with extremely fast attacks that Jin fights against?

Even then he wouldn't be able to use it fully like Scorpion. Jin may throw the spear, whip it around, use it as a dagger, but he won't be teleporting around while doing all that. Scorpion can use that spear mid-air after teleporting, something Jin has to copy with more effort without teleportation.

Even then he wouldn't be able to use it fully like Scorpion. Jin may throw the spear, whip it around, use it as a dagger, but he won't be teleporting around while doing all that. Scorpion can use that spear mid-air after teleporting, something Jin has to copy with more effort without teleportation.
He doesn't need to use it fully. He just needs it for 2 things :

1. Catch his opponent off guard
2. Catch his opponent

At the very least it should allow him to somewhat have a slightly better chance at beating Scorpion. I'm starting to get a lot less sure about my vote, though. Especially after this sentence
Yeah but not like scorpion. Not to fast anyway I'm sure

He doesn't need to use it fully. He just needs it for 2 things :

1. Catch his opponent off guard
2. Catch his opponent

At the very least it should allow him to somewhat have a slightly better chance at beating Scorpion. I'm starting to get a lot less sure about my vote, though. Especially after this sentence
Forgot to address this one. Legends Scorpion is accustomed to surprise attacks from Lin Kuei assassins both human and cyborg. Even if he catches Scorpion, then what? Jin has no prior knowledge about Scorpion's immortality or teleportation and he can only get that info about Scorpion by observing him during battle, which is less effective but much more dangerous for Jin than having prior knowledge. Chances are he gets a bad first taste of Scorpion's powers after reeling him in with little time left for him to apply what he learned.

Forgot to address this one. Legends Scorpion is accustomed to surprise attacks from Lin Kuei assassins both human and cyborg. Even if he catches Scorpion, then what? Jin has no prior knowledge about Scorpion's immortality or teleportation and he can only get that info about Scorpion by observing him during battle, which is less effective but much more dangerous for Jin than having prior knowledge. Chances are he gets a bad first taste of Scorpion's powers after reeling him in with little time left for him to apply what he learned.
Alright that's reasonable. I change my vote to Scorpion

Scorpion does nothing with 3 days of prep, I don't know why people make VS threads and give prep to someone who has done absolutely nothing with prep or has no feats or statements saying they have prep. OTOH I've already asked what notable techniques does Jin use with prep, so do you mind telling me why you brought that up again?

I kinda told you. He doesn't really do anything new in his abilities. He has gathered a ton of Poison, and he usually scouts his area, and forms a strategy, speaking of poison, does this version of Scorpion resist any type of poison?

Back