• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Ghost VS The Pokemon

Arcker wanted a match for the sorrow, and I think I found one. Hope this is not a stomp as I think both have wincons

Rules:

1. Mega Alakazam is used and Sorrow at his peak
  2. Speed is equalized
  3. Fight takes place 50 feet away

Ztvhuqu.png
cb01f2680a2da724d30b33669da26cab.jpg

So sad, so sad:
The Psi Pokémon:
Incon: 2

Last edited:
I dunno why I said Mantis, my apologies, this is the Sorrow. But he can at least summon hundreds of ghosts, likely far more as he just has access to all dead people by virtue of being a psychopomp or whatever. Alakazam doesn't resist soul manip though so its potency is unimportant.

Uh, Mantis also has precog and unresisted hax
As far as i can tell Alakazam's precog is vastly superior givn that just by glancing at his opponent he can see their entire lifespan from birth to death as well as gain knowledge of everything they can do and instantly identify their weakness

I dunno why I said Mantis, my apologies, this is the Sorrow. But he can at least summon hundreds of ghosts, likely far more as he just has access to all dead people by virtue of being a psychopomp or whatever. Alakazam doesn't resist soul manip though so its potency is unimportant.
Magic Guard would actually null soul manip

I mean, better or worse doesn't matter, the Sorrow's ghosts are more than enough for the Sorrow to know what to use.

This is Mega Alakazam, its only ability is Trace.

And Alakazam cant destroy them because...?
He can, but that'll be too late, they're just what his precog comes from.
Mega Alakazam has Trace, Magic Guard, Synchronize, Inner Focus, Instinct, and Life Force as abilities
Alright, then this is a stomp I suppose. Then again carrying a soul to hell or whatever the Sorrow does really shouldn't count as a status effect.

It takes you to the world of the dead, it's a different dimension. Seems thought-based. Also Magic Guard does not defend against stuff like Roar, or Hoopa's rings, so it would not negate BFR.

By the way, Magic Guard does not protect from Ghost type attacks either, so I'd need some proof it can block Soul Manip.

It takes you to the world of the dead, it's a different dimension. Seems thought-based. Also Magic Guard does not defend against stuff like Roar, or Hoopa's rings, so it would not negate BFR.
When has Hoopa ever used its bfr on a pokemon that has Magic Guard? Hyperspace Hole in the game is a damage move not BFR
By the way, Magic Guard does not protect from Ghost type attacks either
Since when? I can find no source that says that Magic Guard doesnt work against ghost-types

Is there ANY showing of Magic Guard negating BFR or Soul Hax?

Since the Sorrow is Nigh-Omniscient, that means he'll use it. Is Alakazam's precog passive?

BFR isn't really inherently dangerous, though. It's not killing you, just bringing you somewhere else.

Crazy how this kinda stuff doesn't happen in uh, any piece of Pokèmon media with Alakazam in it outside of what's probably a very niche example. I guess we canìt do much with it if it's on the profile. So, self-BFR?

... Uh, all I see on its profile is "Instinctive Reaction (Able to use its powers on instinct even while asleep, further enhanced with Foresight)", nothing about automatically avoiding danger.

... Uh, all I see on its profile is "Instinctive Reaction (Able to use its powers on instinct even while asleep, further enhanced with Foresight)", nothing about automatically avoiding danger.
Abra uses its powers on instinct to avoid danger even while its asleep, Alakazam does the same thing

Back