• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

the downstreamers vs the timelords

oh okay jibz

though i ask you something. would changing the victory condition to Incap only make any difference?
It would certainly wall off the reactive evolution win con the Downstreamers have, but their superior hax, and their ability to learn and adapt and most of all create copies (albeit it's described as info via portals? As that's why Emma couldn't be brought back. Yet at the same time, they state Emma could be mimiced, just not a true version of her so ig perhaps they don't need portals to mimic, except that could be just because the fact Emma's code is corrupted? God Baxter's writing is all over the place. Regardless, they should be able to create a copy due to natural knowledge, and configuration over time.)

So they should still win.

both the doctor and the Time Lords have fought against Characters capable of understanding that level of cosmic consciousness and copying their technology, which ended in inconclusive as we saw in the time war against the Daleks,

It would certainly wall off the reactive evolution win con the Downstreamers have, but their superior hax, and their ability to learn and adapt and most of all create copies (albeit it's described as info via portals? As that's why Emma couldn't be brought back. Yet at the same time, they state Emma could be mimiced, just not a true version of her so ig perhaps they don't need portals to mimic, except that could be just because the fact Emma's code is corrupted? God Baxter's writing is all over the place. Regardless, they should be able to create a copy due to natural knowledge, and configuration over time.)

So they should still win.

but does it make anything slightly better

also i said the time lords have knowledge and are bloodlusted.

does that help a little as well?

both the doctor and the Time Lords have fought against Characters capable of understanding that level of cosmic consciousness and copying their technology, which ended in inconclusive as we saw in the time war against the Daleks,
I don't think any of these characters are anywhere in the same league of technological understanding as the Downstreamers though, as Micheal prefaces at the end of Manifold:Time, they can create what are essentially THE person, not just a clone / copy.

I don't think any of these characters are anywhere in the same league of technological understanding as the Downstreamers though, as Micheal prefaces at the end of Manifold:Time, they can create what are essentially THE person, not just a clone / copy.

jibz sorry to interrupt i'm just asking you if bloodlusting the time lords along with giving them knowledge of the downstreamers helps or not?

but does it make anything slightly better

also i said the time lords have knowledge and are bloodlusted.

does that help a little as well?
Bloodlust would mean they'd want to kill them correct? If so it'd just be a detriment, As for knowledge, eh perhaps. I myself don't see how it'd help them, but perhaps Oliver could expand upon that.

I've stated what's needed to be stated for now. I'll come back to this thread later if necessary. Goodbye for now.

Bloodlust would mean they'd want to kill them correct? If so it'd just be a detriment, As for knowledge, eh perhaps. I myself don't see how it'd help them, but perhaps Oliver could expand upon that.

listen you can be bloodlusted and incap only.

as quoted from vs battle wiki

Bloodlust refers to a state where a character is fighting without any inhibitions, and cares about nothing other than defeating the enemy.

Bloodlusted characters fear nothing, and won't hesitate taking injures if it leads to a higher probability of winning a battle.

A bloodlusted character will not be victim to Character-Induced Stupidity, and will be much more likely to speed blitz opponents (if doing so is within their powerset).

Some characters are naturally bloodlusted, and act this way in their own fictional continuity.

it didn't say death only.

listen you can be bloodlusted and incap only.

as quoted from vs battle wiki

Bloodlust refers to a state where a character is fighting without any inhibitions, and cares about nothing other than defeating the enemy.

Bloodlusted characters fear nothing, and won't hesitate taking injures if it leads to a higher probability of winning a battle.

A bloodlusted character will not be victim to Character-Induced Stupidity, and will be much more likely to speed blitz opponents (if doing so is within their powerset).

Some characters are naturally bloodlusted, and act this way in their own fictional continuity.

it didn't say death only.
Ah my bad then, i still stand by my statement of there being nothing the Time Lords can do with the evidence provided so far. If more support for the Time Lord's case can be backed, ill be sure to give my two cents once again.

Ah my bad then, i still stand by my statement of there being nothing the Time Lords can do with the evidence provided so far. If more support for the Time Lord's case can be backed, ill be sure to give my two cents once again.

is inconclusive possible though?

is inconclusive possible though?
Perhaps? I don't see how the timelords are going to wrangle their way out of not dying, but their defences seem very good. Perhaps with more info given about the nature of their defences, i could be swayed. But to answer your question, yes it does seem possible, if more info could be provided.

I don't think that doesn't change anything, as most weapons that could help him would barely shred the DS, but they just regenerate, eventually Time lords giving up or doing a suicide move.

Yeah I'm voting the Downstreamers for this one, from what I know there is nothing the Time Lords have to my knowledge, can affect Type 5 Acausals. Also, DS have likely High 1-B durability, so I doubt anything the Time Lords throw at them would do anything.

Yeah I'm voting the Downstreamers for this one, from what I know there is nothing the Time Lords have to my knowledge, can affect Type 5 Acausals. Also, DS have likely High 1-B durability, so I doubt anything the Time Lords throw at them would do anything.

can inconclusive work?

Doubt it, they can pretty much just causality manip snipe with their Low Outerversal range.

Like I said, doubt it. The Downstreamers have better wincons than the Time Lords.

okay you sure this match can be added though

I mean i said the time lords had knowledge plus they were bloodlusted.

the downstreamers were in-character and victory condition was Incapacitation only

sure! It'll be pretty hard because of how insane even the 2-C downstreamers are.
thank you

all you need to do is just find a potential matchup let me know and i'll make it.

I want to be the one to make it jibz because it's nice to have a matchup that could be added with the strongest character in the whole wiki. (do you mind that?)

Im perfectly fine with that, infact i prefer it so nobody could question wether or not bias would be a factor in matches :D

that's great

though question jibz

can the downstreamers defeat this guy? (it's random though)

d32.jpg

Back