• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Diver Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like we need further context; Humans survive bites from Great White Sharks quite often, though depends where they were bitten and it's not without traumatic injury or often times limb removal. If the bites only do minimal damage, it might be fine for durability though. As for the knife, sharp objects can scare large animals away and the sharpness can damage large animals due to penetration. I'm not really seeing him damage the shark enough to really scale from the shark tbh.

I feel like we need further context; Humans survive bites from Great White Sharks quite often, though depends where they were bitten and it's not without traumatic injury or often times limb removal. If the bites only do minimal damage, it might be fine for durability though. As for the knife, sharp objects can scare large animals away and the sharpness can damage large animals due to penetration. I'm not really seeing him damage the shark enough to really scale from the shark tbh.
I can see the blood of the shark when the Diver harmed it with his knife. But if you have doubts I have this scene as proof of the Diver killing a shark with his knife. The Diver can survive the bites of the sharks with little damage.

Would agree its tenuous and should be a "possibly" at best.

Why killing White Sharks with a knife isn't enough proof?
White sharks don't have 9-B durability across their entire body. If you can stab them into a decent spot you'll manage to kill them, it's how harpoons work. It's kinda how you only need 10-B energy to stab a person in the jugular and kill them even though humans can survive 9-C stuff consistently

Why killing White Sharks with a knife isn't enough proof?
As pointed out, killing a Great White is indeed something we do with 9-C weapons in real life.

It is an oft-forgotten feature of the tiering system, one feels, that at the lower end, tiers are so small that one must not share a tier with a creature in order to harm it. Mixed with the whole piercing damage facet of a knife (that is to say, relatively low surface area compared to energy it is used with), it is not necessary to consider it 9-B for killing a low-end 9-B creature.

Based on the above, 9-B durability is fine given the damage was minimal. But stabbing a Great White until it bleeds the death still isn't even something one needs to be 9-B to accomplish. Punching a shark to death probably would have been a better reason; keyword being probably.

As pointed out, killing a Great White is indeed something we do with 9-C weapons in real life.

It is an oft-forgotten feature of the tiering system, one feels, that at the lower end, tiers are so small that one must not share a tier with a creature in order to harm it. Mixed with the whole piercing damage facet of a knife (that is to say, relatively low surface area compared to energy it is used with), it is not necessary to consider it 9-B for killing a low-end 9-B creature.
The Diver has also this weapon, but don't know how strong it is.

Variable, as it mentions that's less a specific firearm and more like a classification of weapons that are fitted to work underwater in a particular way. As with basically all guns, also probably 9-C.

Variable, as it mentions that's less a specific firearm and more like a classification of weapons that are fitted to work underwater in a particular way. As with basically all guns, also probably 9-C.
Alright, so probably the Diver should be downgraded to Tier 9-C, using weapons like bang stick, knife, and harpoon.

Since it has been more than two days since this thread was accepted, I proceeded to make the updates.

This can be closed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back