• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Devil Hunter Dante Vs The Monster King Orochi

Hope it is a good battle

- Both 7-A, Orochi at his peak and Dante from the Animated Series

- Speed Equalized

- Both in-character

- They are 50 meters from each other

Btw guys, considering Dante's keys (At least 8-B, 7-B, 7-A and 3-A/Low 2-C) what would be his hero rank ?

Orochi starts out with a one shot worthy AP advantage, but with Devil Trigger their AP is around the same.

Just pointing that out first

Well, that AP advantage might be something but Dante have some tricks that will allow him to avoid Orochi, Royalguard for example, even when used by Base Dante, it can block attacks from people who can one shot even DT Dante (Urizen in the prologue)

And going by my blog, Dante's first answer against someone comparable to him (or in this case, superior) is Devil Trigger, which would make their AP similar

However Orochi's Bio Hax might be very dangerous

Orochi's bio hax was never used in combat (nor is it really combat applicable) and Dante already has resistance to biological manipulation

what a coincidence I was watching the second season of opm in anime right now I'm going for the beginning of cap 10.

now removing all that side I go for dante in the anime you see that with beings comparable to him uses his devil trigger (only abigail equal in all the anime) and seeing that even with that I could not this anger based on hax where you get an advantage thanks to things like royalguard, time stop, duplicate, ect. in summary I vote for Dante.

I say that it would be a class A, in addition to the fact that it would happen to him the same thing that saitaman had to learn by means of sterne that the association exists :v

and you have to update the profile of God.

Well, I think Anime Dante (who's 7-A, MHS+ and very haxed) would be S Class, at least in power

3-A/Low 2-C Dante...lol

Schnee One said:
Orochi starts out with a one shot worthy AP advantage, but with Devil Trigger their AP is around the same.

Just pointing that out first
Elaborating on this, especially since Orochi does in fact scale.

The scaling chain goes Orochi=Golden Sperm (Casually Stomped)>Weakened Tatsumaki (Obliterated multiple sperms)>Kuroi Seishi (One Shotted)>Bomb (One Punch Man)

Dante scales to one shotting Abigail.

I'm not sure if this is actually fair for Dante.

Maybe giving knowledge to both of them to make it more fair?

Orochi can actually one shot Dante and Dante in return can hax to death.

Time stop/slow, a perfect clone, attack reflection, sealing/BFR, telekinesis (and due to Orochi's unknown he could keep him in place) and maybe even go and take the Sparda and **** him up (if he doesn't have it already).

Orochi literally never dodges attacks (he tends to stay stationary while his dragon limbs fight) and Dante has ways to prevent him from moving/dodging (Also, due to Orochi's size I'm pretty sure this isn't an issue)

With this form, Devil Sword Sparda, Ifrit, Alastor, Bangle of Time, Cerberus, Nevan, Agni and Rudra, and his various guns which he amps with Demon Magic.

I think Dante is gonna need to use his versatile loadout to win this. In terms of close quarters, I think Orochi might be more skilled. Even if he can't specifically copy Dante's weapon based styles, Mimicry should at least give him a good enough understanding of them to counteract them. Plus Orochi with his multi arms, forms, speed, and main body's strength just seems like an overwhelming opponent at close range (though close range for Orochi is different from close range compared to Dante due to his size). Plus he has his large AOE beams of fire and electricity for range. Dante has a wider arsenal, though besides the Bangle of Time and Sparda, are any of those deal breakers? Is the fact that Orochi is a user of fire and electricity himself help at all against Ifrit, Alastor, Cerberus, Nevan, Agni and Rudra? I assume his fire is potent enough to melt the ice but I'm not sure about the other interactions.

Speed is equalized and Orochi's forms anything to really note since it's just changing the way his body looks.Dante is resistant to hellfire so Orochi's fire wouldn't affect him and Orochi's lightning isn't anything above normal lightning users so Dante is extremely resistant to that as well.Ifrit is naturally a problem for Orochi since he doesn't resist hellfire and Alastor, Cerberus, Nevan, Agni and Rudra would be a problem as well since Orochi doesn't resist any of those and Orochi's fire won't be enough to counter Cerberus since Cerberus is able to contend with hellfire from Balrog. This Dante likely time stops+seals

Ifrit is Hellfire.

Also, Dante has attack reflection/absorption so any fire/electric attack is just gonna get "thrown" back at him.

Orochi definitely has the AP advantage and Dante will note this ASAP, so he'll try to maybe slow/stop time to catch a break from tve onslaught going on and think how to deal with such an enemy, which leads to seal/bfr gg.

Dienomite22 said:
Orochi literally never dodges attacks (he tends to stay stationary while his dragon limbs fight) and Dante has ways to prevent him from moving/dodging (Also, due to Orochi's size I'm pretty sure this isn't an issue)
False, the only reason he didn't dodge Garou was because he was harmless to him.

In his fight against Saitama he intercepted him with his dragons and when it failed because of the latter's strenght he proceeded to use his body control to dodge and counterattack
M30

@Epicchev

So the one time he dodges was against an opponent overwhelmingly stronger than him, when his body warned him of his opponent being the strong and when became fully serious.Doesn't change anything here tbh.

Dienomite22 said:
@Epicchev
So the one time he dodges was against an opponent overwhelmingly stronger than him, when his body warned him of his opponent being the strong and when became fully serious.Doesn't change anything here tbh.
Dodging is a matter of need, can't say it's out of character when he didn't need to do it against characters he knew couldn't hurt him. If Dante shows he can harm him, he will dodge, that's what he did with Saitama.

Don't get me wrong, i believe Dante still wins with his sealing + time stop combo, just don't want to see either side getting downplayed

@Epiccheev

Dodging isn't always a matter of need, a character's attitude plays a part in it.In his fight with Saitama his body warned him that Saitama was dangerous and he himself seen Saitama shrug off his kamehameha like it was nothing and even then he didn't resort to dodging until it was too late (way after Saiatama harmed him multiple times).It isn't downplay to say Orochi is pretty arrogant even in the face of someone who out classed him, I don't think he would even think about dodging Dante's attacks until maybe Dante DT's.That's my point.

Back