• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Dark Tower/Stephen King Discussion Thread

Maybe the first of the pictures is the best one for Roland. Personal tastes aside, it seems to be the one that best shows his features without seeming too dark or hiding too much of his body.

That second one for Walter is actually a picture of Marten Broadcloak. We could use that as our Marten picture, though.

I agree with the picture for Roland. The one currently in his profile is my favorite, though. You're right about it being Marten, and that's good we have a pic for him. And I'm fine with the picture for Walter (the one with the tarot card).

Flagg has a lot of quality artwork to choose from. Especially when it comes to the comics he's appeared in.

Anywho, should I go ahead and replace the profiles' pics with the ones we have here? Or should we wait until we have an admin's approval?

If it's just profile pics, I don't think the admins will mind. But I noticed Flagg's doesn't have Black 13 or his personal axe in standard equipment. Was that forgotten or something he doesn't normally carry around? I think it should at least be mentioned somewhere along with the Necronomicon spell book.

I did bring up the fact that the Grapefruit and Black Thirteen should be in his standard equipment in another thread, but I don't remember if anyone really acknowledged that or not. Still, I agree that those two things should be listed on his profile.

He only ever wielded an axe in one story (Eyes of the Dragon), so I'm not sure about adding that though. Same with the spell book; it only ever gets mentioned once, and the time in which he had it was very early in his career.

Yeah, he keeps those orbs close so they should be listed.

The axe was wielded in one story but it mentions that he made modifications to it, the spiked iron balls tipped with poison. He even used it to kill hundreds as an executioner, and he is proficient with it despite its clusmy feel.

As for the spell book, it does only get mentioned once, so I'll leave that up to you.

He used it to poison Cort the gunslinger. Cort found a book that Flagg planted in Gilead, the pages were psychic papers, which made the reader see what they wanted to the most. Cort was so busy going over the book that he didn't notice Flagg also poisoned it.

Ah right, that book Flagg laced with Dragon's Blood in The Sorcerer.

The back of The Fall of Gilead #1 says he made the psychic paper himself, though. It's not really something he just carries around with him; I think it's meant to be taken as him having created a batch of it specifically for that assassination attempt. (Although we could probably add somewhere on his page that he knows how to create psychic paper, nonetheless.)

Probably for the best. I would assume the two admins I'm thinking of are still following the thread, but I dunno at this point.

Back