• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Cuphead Show Season 2 Discussion Thread

Wanted to real quick make a thread about potential feats and buffs for The Cuphead Show.

Cuphead and Mugman are generally depicted as being rather weak- in the High Seas Adventure episode appearing to struggle to lift swords- but, like other cartoon characters, can often be stronger in different situations. Their combined strength lets them carry the stone statued Brineybeard, and with those swords from before, they were able to make some notable dents in wooden posts on a pirate ship.

The most powerful character in the verse so far besides the Devil would probably be Cala Maria. She can cause tidal waves and shake the ground merely by rising out of the water and has chopped pirate ships in half with her tail as shown during her song, and just merely blowing a kiss creates a powerful gust of wind capable of moving a pirate ship incredibly fast across the water.

What tier do you think Cala Maria would be?
Coincidentally I asked a similar question a few days ago, where I referenced the feat of her destroying a pirate ship with just a swat of her tail. According to Propellus, the AP needed to fragment a pirate ship would roughly yield 2.51 Tons of TNT (scaling from this PotC calc). In the same scene, she also fragments six more ships just by rising from the water though that is likely just an abstract detailing her rise to infamy.

For now, I think her tier should be at least High 8-C, as she's clearly far superior to Cuphead and Mugman (though I'm unsure if she's comparable to the Devil as similar to the game he is portrayed as the verse's god tier), not to mention she's performed other impressive feats that would warrant this kind of rating as mentioned by the OP

Back