• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Chimera Ant King, Meruem is invading! Only one man can stop him!! Dun dun dun, it's....

Hopefully I'm not demonstrating any unacceptable bias in my making of this thread. I swear, I have no idea who's more capable here, & am fine with either winning. In any case, hopefully there's no problems with this thread.

ANYWAY....

Fight starts outside the Daily Planet building in Metropolis City, at the end of the day's sunset.

Speed is equalized. (Like with so many other threads.)

Preparation: Meruem had been in Metropolis City for 1 minute before Superman noticed him; Likewise, Meruem had been unaware of Superman during that 1 minute.

Post-Rose Meruem is used.

( Oh, & if you wanted me to finish the title's sentence, it's... Superman (DCAU). Duh! :p )

Nonetheless, isn't it currently acceptable to use the current versions of the characters as they are on the profiles, before the revision concludes?

Of course, it may be possible that this thread may become a mismatch once the revision concludes, but going by the CURRENT profiles, it isn't a mismatch for now, correct?

Even going by current profiles, Superman doesn't seem to have a way to get past Meruem's superior durability from what I can tell. The only way he can win is BFRing to outer space (which I'm not sure whether or not that's something this version of him does in character) and there's no way Meruem is sitting still long enough for him to do that. Meruem easily has the advantage if and when it comes to hand to hand combat, and can grow stronger by eating the unfortunate civillians of Metropolis.

It likely won't matter since Meruem's probably gonna be upgraded to 7-B before this thread finishes, but there's my vote.

I know I should try to refrain from voting in my own thread, but couldn't Superman get Meruem to stay in place by attempting to freeze him solid? Also, would even 100 ordinary citizens even add that much to Meruem's strength? By the time he was born, the queen was primarily eating strong nen users. I'd imagine ordinary DC universe citizens are much less nutritious.

Freeze breath is a valid tactic but I doubt Meruem would give him a chance to use it in close quarters. Normal humans won't increase Meruem's strength by much, but it's something. Eating them also allows him to recover stamina and heal his wounds.

Meruem's durability got downgraded actually. Still, he has the skill, intelligence, and versatility advantage. He still takes this pretty handily.

Back