• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Boys - Homelander (and Soldier Boy) resistances adition

Agree. I personally have no problem with having Limited Body Control listed on the profile as long as it is described in a "modest" way. Kratos from God of War, a popular verse on the wiki, have Resistance to Death Manipulation from doing the deed with two chicks that would have caused anyone else to die. @DontTalkDT made a profile for an anime girl who's literally a prostitute with her whole powerset being based around her job.

Why is the Bulletproof Durability section needed? I think just being 8-A would already kind of imply that you can’t be hurt with normal bullets or saws.

The likely resistances for HL, I don't seem to agree with at all, as they're never really been proven in visuals that he has resisted any of those criteria listed. Bulletproof Durability is rather unnecessary to list there. But everything fine here.

Also, don't try adding in that Limited Body Control ability, as I literally already rejected that for being too inappropriate for the site and the ability is literally useless.

Why is the Bulletproof Durability section needed? I think just being 8-A would already kind of imply that you can’t be hurt with normal bullets or saws.
Because Supes in the verse have very inconsistent bullet resistance. Translucent who is much weaker than Starlight is completely unharmed by high caliber bullets whereas Annie gets the wind knocked out of her when shot by them, albeit they can't penetrate her skin. Then Black Noir who is comparable to Starlight in durability gets pierced straight through by bullets.

Because Supes in the verse have very inconsistent bullet resistance. Translucent who is much weaker than Starlight is completely unharmed by high caliber bullets whereas Annie gets the wind knocked out of her when shot by them, albeit they can't penetrate her skin. Then Black Noir who is comparable to Starlight in durability gets pierced straight through by bullets.
None of them are anywhere near Homelander’s level though. He’s consistently shown to be one of the most powerful supes, if not the most powerful, so obviously guns wouldn’t do anything to him.

Mostly because:
1. In this verse specifically, not every supe is bulletproof by default
2. IMO, it's not the best rule to assume every character is bulletproof after a certain tier. You can have a guy plow through a building yet the writers would make them get hurt by a normal gun. It's genuinely a poor measure, but I get the logic.
Also, said logic can be detrimental at times (probably a bad example, but in a Thread of Soldier Boy vs Big Boss, despite Soldier Boy being bulletproof, they argue that bullets from BB would work because of his tier. Which, yeah, might be true for the verse if the weapons are more powerful than normal, but maybe this 8-B guys just happen to still be "bullet weak" by their creators)
The likely resistances for HL, I don't seem to agree with at all, as they're never really been proven in visuals that he has resisted any of those criteria listed. Bulletproof Durability is rather unnecessary to list there. But everything fine here.
I know he hasn't shown them, but every season they reveal a new resistance for him, and also they haven't find a way to kill him in decades, and they want to rely on a virus that could cause a global pandemic.
They don't even know how to kill Neuman and she is far weaker.
Also, don't try adding in that Limited Body Control ability, as I literally already rejected that for being too inappropriate for the site and the ability is literally useless.
Don't worry, I don't want that either lol
Slight correction, but Translucent is weaker than Annie offensively. Defensively, he needs an upgrade (no way fella is less durable than Annie with said feat. Also he tanked a carbon metamaterial round like nothing, and Frenchie said that that could 'maybe' get Neuman, so he is closer to her than to Annie in durability)

Mostly because:
1. In this verse specifically, not every supe is bulletproof by default
2. IMO, it's not the best rule to assume every character is bulletproof after a certain tier. You can have a guy plow through a building yet the writers would make them get hurt by a normal gun. It's genuinely a poor measure, but I get the logic.
Also, said logic can be detrimental at times (probably a bad example, but in a Thread of Soldier Boy vs Big Boss, despite Soldier Boy being bulletproof, they argue that bullets from BB would work because of his tier. Which, yeah, might be true for the verse if the weapons are more powerful than normal, but maybe this 8-B guys just happen to still be "bullet weak" by their creators)
I don’t know anything about Metal Gear besides certain things but there is nothing about The Boys’ verse ammo that would differentiate it from a real world weapon. That type of immunity for Homelander would probably only apply to like normal bullets or saws which would not serve any purpose at all in a battle with a comparable foe. It sounds like just a bad writing or anti-feat problem tbh.

I don’t know anything about Metal Gear besides certain things but there is nothing about The Boys’ verse ammo that would differentiate it from a real world weapon. That type of immunity for Homelander would probably only apply to like normal bullets or saws which would not serve any purpose at all in a battle with a comparable foe. It sounds like just a bad writing or anti-feat problem tbh.
Yeah, as I said, maybe a bad example.
But the point is, at worst, this is a redundant ability, and at best, it helps in some matches.
But overall, it's a 'fact checked ability' (maybe I should move to abilities and not resistances?)

But to avoid too much side track with that one, what about the rest of the resistances and stuff?

Back