• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The apotheosis of wank : Layers (Yogiri - Instant death)

"Throughout Celestial fondation and Ultimate ensemble, I Alone Am The Wanked One"
- Yogiri Takatou

Back to back to back, lets debunk Yogiri and Instant Death AGAIN. We're gonna talk about Yogiri's layers. (I tried to create some kind of peace between us and the commu instant death, but they decided to keep insulting us, not coming to the threads, and even decided to report us for “downgrade spam” (we're simply exposing the wank of pages that have stayed up way too long due to THEIR dishonesty(Threads that have all been accepted]) as I said before I have no hatred against you. Peace.

First, here is the definition of a layered hax :

Layering is the ability to break through resistances to one's ability/hax. Successfully using an ability against a resistant character means that the ability is "layered." Further, resisting a layered ability is an indication of layered resistance, so on and so forth. An ability becoming stronger does not automatically mean it is layered unless it is shown to overcome a resistance. Crucially this is not the same as resistance negation, which overcomes resistance via a special additional ability rather than the hax itself being more powerful.

Moreover, layering should not be thought of as applying to abilities which intuitively can be overcome with magnitude, such as heat resistance or analytical prediction. For instance, it is not layered fire manipulation to burn someone with a heat source hotter than they can withstand.

As mentioned in Note 2 above, layers are just one way to prove exceptional potency of an ability and could be overcome by abilities that have shown potency by other means. In reverse, an ability with many layers could also be potent enough to overcome a resistance that worked against a hax that is exceptionally potent in other ways. How exactly different showings of potency compare is highly case-by-case and in general might be inconclusive.

Yogiri is supposed to have 10 layers of resistance to death manipulation.
Resistance Negation (Can pierce[54][55] through[56][57] 10 layers[58][59] of resistance to death abilities, with each layer being superior to the other)

1st scan: There is 1 layer of death manipulation here because it can kill people immune to this hax (It is not Said resistance but immunity.)

2nd scan:
Just the same layer, Yogiri just killed someone. If someone could bring more context to that, I suppose it's Masaki, but it's not said in the provided scan that he has a layered death manip resistance.

3rd and 4th scans: Not a layer? I mean, can we count that as a layer? It's an immortality type 5 negation; it does not follow the layered hax definition. It is not related to the power of the hax itself but to the fact he can kill people with no concept of death.

5th scan: Rank between abilities, OK.

6th scan: Yogiri has no rank from what I understand, so he should be above all ranks, I guess.

7th scan: The highest level is 10, so Yogiri gets 10 layers, I see.

The problem I see is with the 5th scan. In fact, the justification doesn't give a layer between the levels, in my opinion.
"What do you mean, rank?"

"Oh right, if you don't have the Gift, you don't know about the whole system. It's not that difficult to understand, but a rank is given to all skills and items. Differences in rank are absolute. For example, if your camouflage is Rank One, then a Rank Two Discernment could see through it. If they were reversed, it would be impossible."

"What if they were the same rank?"

"In that case, it would depend on your individual stats, I guess. There are a lot of variables that go into it at that point, so there's a bit of randomness involved."

The example here is so bad; the difference between camouflage of two different levels is about potency, not layers. For example:

Character A has a camouflage hax.
Character B has a hax or ability to see through character A's camouflage.
Character C has a camouflage hax that character B cannot detect.

Does that mean Character C possesses a layered camouflage? No, it's just about power, its camouflage is simply better so that character B cannot detect it. But according to the definition I gave above, this does not qualify as a layer but just a higher degree (like a fire manipulation that burns better because it's at a higher temperature, this is not a layer).

So, in fact, this rank system is just about higher power and not layered hax.

And there's plenty of back-up in the verse. First, instant death is said multiple times to work only against weaker opponents and not stronger, so the hax can be resisted just by power. (I know Yogiri's instant death is not like that, don't jump me please). And instant death is a common thing in the verse.

Even UEG's page confirms that the instant death system works on being stronger, so Yogiri can't scale on 10 layers by 10 levels because we have no idea if the characters he kills can resist death manipulation thanks to resistance or just because they're stronger than the person in front of them.

So with the provided scans, it is just 1 layer.

Edit : (In fact, Instant death resistance was removed to all characters in this thread, so Yogiri's Layers should also be remove.)

Agree:
Disagree:
Neutral:

(Next thread on HRE)

Last edited:
Isn't Yogiri a Smurf? Wouldn't that mean all his layers will be removed since he is just using his higher power to affect beings from lower worlds?

I mean, technically yeah, but that's beside the point. He should lose his death manip in the first place. So even if this thread doesn't remove layers (which, frankly, will likely manage to do) he would have layers of nothing.
His death manip isn't valid? How do? I am not that deep into the novel and verse yet.

I mean, technically yeah, but that's beside the point. He should lose his death manip in the first place. So even if this thread doesn't remove layers (which, frankly, will likely manage to do) he would have layers of nothing.
💀💀 how isn't his whole ability death or is it going to be his ability is not death but the end . Which is not an abilty here. Like death itself has an end yogiri is the end

Back