• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The absurdly difficulty of teleporting

I was thinking about teleport abilities, for one example, Goku's, he senses a ki and he appears there, the backstory of that technique is the he learns it from some people in the planet he lands after his battle with frieza it's know he stayed a lot at that planet ( cant remember exactly) text from dragon ball's wiki "Goku describes the technique as more complicated than traditional teleportation, but merging your energy into a certain area and demolecularizing into all of your atoms and being transferred across the Teleportation Zone, and reassembling in the area where the locked-on signature resides."

I could say that this ability in most of cases has the same mechanic, so, impliying a huge calculation/management of data, (
7*1027 atoms relocated) thus most of charaters perfoming such feat should be noted also by their huge information management capabilities

In real world terms, yes. However, within fiction it is usually portrayed as an automatic process, without any required superhuman intelligence.

Goku > Accelerator in terms of calculation speed confirmed.

Jokes aside, that is how mechanical devices do teleportation in some fictions, however, most of fiction doesnt follow physics, im afraid.

Thor's calculations > Goku's calculations confirmed

Yeah, unless it's something like Toaru's esper teleporters, most characters with teleportation don't have to think too hard to use it. Kind of like shapeshifters who are capable of transforming their entire body.

PaChi2 said:
Goku > Accelerator in terms of calculation speed confirmed.
Jokes aside, that is how mechanical devices do teleportation in some fictions, however, most of fiction doesnt follow physics, im afraid.
Wrong, other worlds do in fact follow their own laws of physics set. By that sense for example in dragon ball they can control ki, and be extremely poweful like gods. It's true that they dont follow our laws of physics, because otherwise they would very identical to us and be at the same level of potential.

@Prospect

Regardless, fiction usually does not care much for real-life physics when it comes to abilities like these. Nightcrawler doesn't have to think that hard when he teleports. Goku just locks onto a target and transports himself. Caster doesn't even have to say anything or make a pose to do it.

Unless it's, as LazyHunter mentioned, that the teleporter's ability works on calculations similar to those found in the A Certain Magical Index/Scientific Railgu series, then I don't think we can factor it into intelligence.

Reppuzan said:
@Prospect
Regardless, fiction usually does not care much for real-life physics when it comes to abilities like these. Nightcrawler doesn't have to think that hard when he teleports. Goku just locks onto a target and transports himself. Caster doesn't even have to say anything or make a pose to do it.

Unless it's, as LazyHunter mentioned, that the teleporter's ability works on calculations similar to those found in the A Certain Magical Index/Scientific Railgu series, then I don't think we can factor it into intelligence.
Like i already said, other worlds have no necessity to follow our laws of nature since they already are far beyond what we can grasp(naturally).

How Goku learned this ability was never truly explained by detail, for now it's uncertain how much hard work he put into. Only thing we know was that it took approximately 1 year to perfect it, making it at least the most complex move Goku had to master. It wont probably be explained, lol. "teleportation" by our definition is the instantaneous relocation of information/matter and is an metaphysical aspect, i guess yardrats would at least know this much.

Back