• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Thatcher Davis vs The Rake (The Mandela Catalogue VS The Rake)

• They start 3 meters away from the other
  • Thatcher starts with his gun holstered
  • They are in 7mx7m bedroom with a double bed
  • Thatcher scales to 106 j, and The Rake scales to 60 j, so Thatcher has a 1.77x ap advantage, but The Rake has piercing damage.
Lieutenant: 5 (Sans2345, AThe1412, ThePrimalHunter, Vyfourthaccount, McFriesGuy075)

Hairless Dog:

Last edited:
While Thatcher seems to have the AP advantage, i can imagine that The Rake would use his fear and mind hax to try and make Thatcher oof himself.

Also, i think his fear and mind hax negate durability since it causes people to commit suicide.

While Thatcher seems to have the AP advantage, i can imagine that The Rake would use his fear and mind hax to try and make Thatcher oof himself.

Also, i think his fear and mind hax negate durability since it causes people to commit suicide.
He has only driven people to suicide after repeated visits:

"Once again I awoke and heard his voice, and looked into his eyes. I cannot sleep without fear of what I might next awake to experience."

So either his fear or empath manip hax would just give him the jump on thatcher, but being a trained police officer and also interacting with suicide-inducing monsters before, I doubt either of his mind haxs would get much use after the first jump

He has only driven people to suicide after repeated visits:

"Once again I awoke and heard his voice, and looked into his eyes. I cannot sleep without fear of what I might next awake to experience."

So either his fear or empath manip hax would just give him the jump on thatcher, but being a trained police officer and also interacting with suicide-inducing monsters before, I doubt either of his mind haxs would get much use after the first jump
Well, i can imagine that The Rake would use telepathy, trying to get inside Thatcher's head, since Thatcher has dealt with beings like a alternate in the past, it's clear that Thatcher is depressed in some way after what he saw.

This fight is basically "OOF YOURSELF NOW!"

Honestly i'm kind of leaning towards The Rake as of now, yeah Thatcher has the AP advantage but The Rake would basically use telepathy on Thatcher, telling him how many mistakes he made in the past and that he couldn't save Ruth and the like until Thatcher decides to oof himself.

Well, i can imagine that The Rake would use telepathy, trying to get inside Thatcher's head, since Thatcher has dealt with beings like a alternate in the past, it's clear that Thatcher is depressed in some way after what he saw.

This fight is basically "OOF YOURSELF NOW!"
Rake has gone for those types of manipulations only after visiting more than one time his prey, and even then, the suicidal guy wasn't manipulated by him to suicide, he just couldn't bear it anymore after repeated encounters and decided to take the easy way out. It was a byproduct of his manipulation, yeah, but one that worked only after repeated encounters and that isn't clear if it was the intended effect.
Honestly i'm kind of leaning towards The Rake as of now, yeah Thatcher has the AP advantage but The Rake would basically use telepathy on Thatcher, telling him how many mistakes he made in the past and that he couldn't save Ruth and the like until Thatcher decides to oof himself.
And how would he now about that?

Now that i think about it, The Rake would probably try to claw Thatcher to death since his mind hax would technically be useless here because it takes multiple visits before a person oofs themselves.

Honestly, I'm thinking about voting for The Rake, he would most likely claw Thatcher to death given that Thatcher isn't wearing anything to protect him, Thatcher would try to shoot the rake but i think he would outsmart him in some way before killing him.

Thatcher's profile desperately needs a CRT. His gun and his durability are 9-B even though Alternates are 9-C. Anyway, assuming that he has 10-A durability and his gun is 9-C, I'm still voting for him because all he has to do is pull the weapon and shoot. Seriously, we're talking about one of the few people to have actually survived an encounter with an Alternate (Things that would make the Rake look like a joke in comparison) and not only didn't kill himself from the experience but also managed to retaliate by shooting the thing.

Last edited:
Thatcher's profile desperately needs a CRT. His gun and his durability are 9-B even though Alternates are 9-C. Anyway, assuming that he has 10-A durability and his gun is 9-C, I'm still voting for him because all he has to do is pull the weapon and shoot. Seriously, we're talking about one of the few people to have actually survived an encounter with an Alternate (Things that would make the Rake look like a joke in comparison) and not only didn't kill himself from the experience but also managed to retaliate by shooting the thing.
Thatcher Davis FRA
Counted

Thatcher's profile desperately needs a CRT. His gun and his durability are 9-B even though Alternates are 9-C.
Actually, IIRC alternates' dura were originally 9-B, but were changed without a crt to 9-C. Not like I'll change it back, since it's way more accurate.

Back