• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
UM has resistance towards sealing upscaled from Kazumi if I remember correctly who in turn was sealed by the one who sealed most of the soul gems in the Freezer (?, or at least based on the fact that she had control over the sealing shown later on)

If my scans for UKG regarding her status as a witch go through, then even her Mind Manip resistance should be upscaled higher.

Also, were these the universal versions of the characters that were sealed? Needless to say, universal <<<<<<<<< multiple multiverses. Not to mention UM's real body exists somewhere higher.

Pretty sure Thanos' range got retconned anyways considering... you know, the entire "only works in its origin universe" thing

I'm refering to their level of omnipresence when speaking about the universal abstracts.

The issue is that we (bar a few exceptions like the Beyonder) don't seperate retconned from pre-retcon.

Not to mention, just looking at Thanos' page its clearly not Pre-Retcon Thanos. A lot of the information is after 1990s IG.

Uh it's multiversal+ on their page. Aso if you still have doubts there's this.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11134/111340454/6244272-6315792252-Mrqbs.jpg

Adam Warlock and co vs Magus was a fight to decide the fate of an entire Marvel Multiverse.

Magus can affect realities from far away.

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/11134/111340454/6212686-5480568682-JM26V.jpg

Also no. All of the abilities are from the 1990s part of the 1990 IG run - Thanos Quest, The Infinity Gauntlet etc. So yes most of it is Pre-Retcon. If we don't accept that then I'm pretty sure Ant or one of the other mods knowledgable on marvel would've said something.

Across the multiverse obviously otherwise if they were confined to a universe they wouldn't have multiverse+ range.

Thanos had the IG pre retcon and all his abilities are pre-retcon. Obviously it's pre-retcon.

You can still have range larger than your state of being. Just look at, literally any profile.

It occured pre-retcon, but that's the entire point of retcons. To change what occured.

Their degree of omnipresence doesn't matter either way because the IG has enough range to affect the marvel multiverse.

Doesn't mean shit because this is pre-retcon IG.

@Emperor I mean sealing something across the multiverse is definitely not comparable to sealing something that is said multiverse (and a bit more).

Not to mention I've already pointed out she has resistance and passives to do him in, but okay.

"Doesn't mean shit" If it was only counting Thanos circa 1990s, it would be stated as such. It's clearly not, if it was, why not just ask Ant to change its page title to Pre-Retcon Thanos? Untill then, its modern Thanos.

@Eficiente well like we're saying, it was a rule retconned in.

He has the range to do it.

Is that sealing comparable to Thanos' because it being upscaled gives her an unquantifiable rrsistence.

Thanos had the IG in the 1990s. So how can IG Thanos be Modern Thano? It's obviously pre-retcon IG otherwise it wouldn't even be a tab let alone have all the abilities coming ftom that era. So there's no need to change it at the present time if this is understood.

@Efi

Because IG>Cosmic Cube in all aspects at least pre-retcon. Thanos says as much himself.

It isn't vague at all. It's pretty clear if you can read and proves the IG can affect the multiverse pre-retcon.

Ignoring again, the fact that Madoka spans two multiverses and true self exists in a plane above that: I'm not saying he lacks the range in that argument, I'm saying he hasn't sealed anything of that state of being/size.

What do you mean?

Retco. The entire point, as I'm trying to explain to you, is that the retcon alters the story retrospectively, including the 90s IG Thanos. Again, if it was pre-retcon Thanos, it would say pre-retcon.

To use another example, Vegito. SSJ Vegito occured before the Potara earring got retconned to lasting 1 hour for mortals, but this means that SSJ Vegito now has canonically a weakness in that regard.

The thing with the IG is that all it's abilities are affected by range since it's essentially mastery over space, time, reality, power, mind and soul. Also what "higher reality" does she exists in that's beyond the range of the IG.

The point is the IG Thanos on the page is pre-retcon. All the abilities are from his run in 1991. So it is pre-retcon even if the tab doesn't explicitly say "pre-retcon". None of the 2015 IG feats and abilties are used in the tab.

@Lonliosite https://www.google.com/search?q=retcon&oq=retcon&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.1003j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

^ Here's the retcon definition page again, since it seems I need to bring it up again.

@Emperor It's Heaven in PMMM, it exists beyond the multiverse.

"All previous abilities to an unfathomably greater extent," which includes his previous tabs. Again, unless its explicitly stated to be Pre-Retco, it assumes all modern information. Make a CRT on that if you really want to. This argument has only been going in circles and is based on interperting the nature of a vsb page rather than even a feat, unless a staff member says otherwise, its just Thanos. Not 1990s Thanos.

His Cosmic Cube run where he gets all the abilities from in the previous tab are before his run with the infinity gauntlet in 1991. So both tabs are effectively pre-retcon.

That's the entire point of a retcon. It alters or adds upon the details of a previous run retrospectively.

The key on his page is IG Thanos from 1991 so obviously it's pre-retcon by default if you use IG Thanos. His range and stats with the IG are multiversal as opposed to the universal range in post-retcon.

So I'm dropping this debate, since clearly you're not listening.

It doesn't matter that the run is from 90s, a retcon retroactively changes the information avaliable about IG Thanos.

There is no post-retcon or pre-retcon page. To debate this any further would be a waste of time since you're not bringing anything to the table, and until you make a CRT or get someone to change the page to Pre-Retcon Thanos, your argument and FRAs that follow are invalid.

I've listened to what you've said and simply disagreed because of the content on the actual page.

It does matter because it doesn't feature any information post retcon otherwise he'd have other abilities from post retcon and lower statistics the main one being range itself. It'd be universe+ rather than multiverse+.

All the abilities in the cosmic cube tab and IG tab are explictly from the 1990s and before that. So are the statistics. So therefore I don't need to make a CRT to change that it's clearly pre-retcon. Unless the statistics and abilities are changed to match what it'd be post retcon. It's irrelevant. We're both saying the same thing over and over so don't act like you're changing your argument you're just adding a little emphasis as am I.

How do you disagree on interperting a vsb page? One thing is a feat, that's understandable, but its literally the Thanos page.

Other than Hacking, just for example, from a post-90s comic of course.

If you won't ask, I will then.

The IG tab states all previous abilities, and those tabs have modern abilities so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Back