• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tf is this

azontr

He/Him
Okay, so, I'm trying to edit my sandbox, right? But for some reason the text is acting weird. Whenever I try to delete something via backspace, it instead deletes something on the line directly BELOW the line of text I'm trying to delete, and whenever I try and add space it instead just spreads apart text on the line directly below what I'm trying to work in. Basically, the text ain't texting.

Has anyone experienced this issue, and is there a way to fix it?

Bump, I'd really like some help with this because I can't really edit my sandbox properly while this persists.

Okay, so, I'm trying to edit my sandbox, right? But for some reason the text is acting weird. Whenever I try to delete something via backspace, it instead deletes something on the line directly BELOW the line of text I'm trying to delete, and whenever I try and add space it instead just spreads apart text on the line directly below what I'm trying to work in. Basically, the text ain't texting.

Has anyone experienced this issue, and is there a way to fix it?
Ant had told me to use the other form of editing instead of the source version and it worked for me.

Okay offtopic but keying Physical Stats via Tabbers? Genuinly genius.

Ontopic, run some tests for me will ya. Does the editor do this for pages and Blogs as well? Does the editor do this only to that specific sandbox or to all of yours? Have you tried resetting your editor settings (Write them down beforehand if you like them quirky)

Okay offtopic but keying Physical Stats via Tabbers? Genuinly genius.
I stole the idea from @Planck69 and his profiles, it looks infinitely nicer on a profile icl.

Also, this doesn't happen for the entire sandbox. It's in a very specific part of the notable attacks section and below it where this happens, everything above this section works fine for some unknown reason.

Also, this doesn't happen for the entire sandbox. It's in a very specific part of the notable attacks section and below it where this happens, everything above this section works fine for some unknown reason.
Could you share the section`s code? And did you try testing said code in isolation?

Could you share the section`s code? And did you try testing said code in isolation?
image.png

The issue starts from line 264 and goes down.

Also, no I have not.

Bruh aint wanting some stinky screenshot, paste the actual code.

Try paste the code into a empty sandbox and see if the problem persist. If it does, we will have to check. If it dosnt, then there are some possibilities we could try

Having a similar problem for GoW Atropos, where beyond Necromancy typing anything beyond that causes the text to go haywire and type new text where it shouldn't.

Having a similar problem for GoW Atropos, where beyond Necromancy typing anything beyond that causes the text to go haywire and type new text where it shouldn't.
NVM, figured the problem out on my side. Fixed it by replacing the imgur link by directly uploading the scan onto the wiki.

Try paste the code into a empty sandbox and see if the problem persist. If it does, we will have to check. If it dosnt, then there are some possibilities we could try
I pasted the code from line 264 and below into an empty sandbox, and the problem seems to not be persisting now, but idk what I did in the code above this to cause the issue in the first place.

Okay, we doing some tests now again.

Delete the entire problem section, save, edit again and repaste it and check. If not fixed, copy the entire page and paste it into a new Sandbox.

Yeah idk, I tried editing the sandbox as a test, and nope, nothing like you said happens to me. Even previewed it to test, and there's still nothing wrong with it.

Maybe check your editing settings?

I did what witch said (erase and copy problem section, save, edit and repaste back) and it seems to be working as normal again.

No idea what the problem actually WAS, but, ig it seems to be fixed.

I'm lazy, and you can just look at the code yourself from there.
Bro not lazy enough to take a screenshot, find the screenshot in his files, put the screenshot somewhere where he can extract a link, extract the link, and paste it on the wiki, then resize it to where it doesn't take up the whole screen

But he too lazy to copy and paste it

Bro not lazy enough to take a screenshot, find the screenshot in his files, put the screenshot somewhere where he can extract a link, extract the link, and paste it on the wiki, then resize it to where it doesn't take up the whole screen

But he too lazy to copy and paste it
The process I went through was infinitely less tedious than that, but, fair point.

I did what witch said (erase and copy problem section, save, edit and repaste back) and it seems to be working as normal again.

No idea what the problem actually WAS, but, ig it seems to be fixed.
Glad to be there. Gotta fight Spagetthi code with Spagetthi solutions

Indeed.

Now to spend the rest of the night procrastinating with VSWiki shit instead of doing my homework or studying (I'm so funny I know).

@azontr It's an issue with a lot of big pages on the wiki, once there's too much text the editing will **** you over. There's a setting you can edit where you don't get colored text/codes when editing pages though I forgot where it is, if you do that it stops that weird bug from happening.

@azontr It's an issue with a lot of big pages on the wiki, once there's too much text the editing will **** you over. There's a setting you can edit where you don't get colored text/codes when editing pages though I forgot where it is, if you do that it stops that weird bug from happening.
Thx. Will keep this in mind.

Has anyone experienced this issue,
Yes
and is there a way to fix it?
Not that I know off, you may have to create a new sandbox or you could try deleting everything below where the error begins.
You could also just adapt and avoid backspacing at the start of a new paragraph.

Though i haven't experienced the issue again since recent fandom updates

Back