• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tensura downgrade

I just checked the profiles, and I really have no idea what to bleive

The 10 saints who were stated to be demon lord seed level are 6A, yet they find a fist sized supersonic rock thrown by shion life threatening
------------
“Ah…!”
Garde, blood dripping from his ear, realized what had just happened. Shion
had tossed another stone—in essence, that’s all it was. But the fist-size stone
she chose had brushed past Garde’s head at supersonic speed before smashing into (and through) the tree. She hadn’t missed her target, of course.That ear was her target, and she nailed it
--------------

They even went and called her a freak of nature for being able to do such a feat

“You freak of nature…” Garde cursed her under his breath

And the "massively hypersonic" post Harvest festival ranga aka after his evolution isn't even
mach 1

gold horns on his head, radiating a force like a crown, even as the lightning-
infused fur shone black like a robe of darkness. He was the king of wolves,
and now he had every bit of the majesty that title entailed.Now he approached the speed of sound in the air, as he instantly sighted the group Diablo tipped him off about. Another moment, and he was back on solid ground—right in front of Grigori

...am I missing something?

Is there something I need to know?

This just seems odd

Last edited:
Yeah the verse speed is outdated at the moment. I mean even the MHS Shizue feat got re-calculated to supersonic.

It should be noted that a lot of these are either outliers or out of context. Shion's "supersonic" attack just means it's blowing past the speed of sound, and Ranga was just traveling (Slime LN characters in general have very low travel speed).

In any case, the speed ratings were supposed to be revised and downgraded anyways. But I'm currently burnt out from this place for a while now so I'm not really gonna do it any time soon, but others can try if they want to.

This thread also isn't revising anything at all, it should be moved to the QnA section.

Shion's "supersonic" attack just means it's blowing past the speed of sound

.....and?
It's still a supersonic fist sized rock

Turning toward Garde, Renard was shocked to find a large tree behind him
torn away from its roots, sending splinters flying as it tumbled to the ground.
It made him forget how to speak for a moment.

And this is all the damage it did

That's not exactly 6A

And?

Are you expecting every attack of every character to be visibly 6-A?

Is that really a game you want to play?

I mean...a fist sized supersonic rock is literally wall level...

That's why I'm confused

That attack can never be 6A no matter how i look at it

I mean, if we're going to take your argument at face value, what tier do you even plan on downgrading them? Wall level?

Because we can play that game on a lot of verses if we'd take outliers like these over clear-cut logic and scaling of the verse.

I also already said that the feat is an outlier and/or taken out of context. But since you chose to ignore what I said, I'm going to choose to ignore everything else you say as well and unfollow the thread from now on. You can talk to Catpija or whoever.

Goodluck.

I mean, if we're going to take your argument at face value, what tier do you even plan on downgrading them? Wall level?

Because we can play that game on a lot of verses if we'd take outliers like these over clear-cut logic and scaling of the verse.

I also already said that the feat is an outlier and/or taken out of context. But since you chose to ignore what I said, I'm going to choose to ignore everything else you say as well and unfollow the thread from now on. You can talk to Catpija or whoever.

Goodluck.

Welp

Imma just ask around

Thanks for your input

The 10 saints who were stated to be demon lord seed level are 6A, yet they find a fist sized supersonic rock thrown by shion life threatening
I don't know what you're thinking but this is clearly an outlier.
Also the 10 saints (like Reynald), only 6B (comparable to Base Clayman/ Demon Lord Seed).
And the "massively hypersonic" post Harvest festival ranga aka after his evolution isn't even
mach 1
I am not really knowledgeable about current speed ratings.

I just checked the profiles, and I really have no idea what to bleive

------------

--------------

They even went and called her a freak of nature for being able to do such a feat

mach 1

...am I missing something?

Is there something I need to know?

This just seems odd
This is all correct. Also remember that most of the Saints would have rely on Holy Magic and Spirit Magic to be relevantly powerful. At least compared to the standard A Rank Templar Knights. They also would have to rely on numbers and Holy Field to fight any unawakened Demon Lords. There's no way they could fight evenly with S Rank Demon Lords when they struggle against Albis, Suphia, and Soei.

I mean, it's kinda normal in many verses in this wiki where the Destruction shown actually didn't match the AP of a character.

Thats why: AP means An alternative term for Destructive Capacity which has more direct meaning: The Destructive Capacity that an attack is equivalent to. A character with a certain degree of attack potency does not necessarily need to cause destructive feats on that level, but can cause damage to characters that can withstand such forces. As such it isn't proof of a low attack potency, if a character's attacks only cause a small amount of destruction. We are aware that this technically violates the principle of conservation of energy, as it should logically disperse upon impact, but fiction generally tends to ignore this fact, so we overlook it as well. Also, kindly remember that Attack Potency is the measure of Destructive Capacity of an attack, and as such, is measured via its energy damage equivalent. Hence, characters that destroy mountains or islands are not automatically mountain or island level, especially if they are small. The attack potency depends on the energy output of a single attack, not the area of effect of the attack. Keep in mind that certain tiers do not necessarily correspond to the destruction of their namesakes in any meaningful fashion. This is because the minimum requirements for these tiers are arbitrary values. Tiers between 9-A and 3-B, even those which do correspond with their namesakes, should not be assigned unless there are accepted calculations, multipliers, and/or reliably stated precise Joule values that correspond with those ratings, as many verses can have their own context result in these feats being above or below their namesakes.

Speed in slime actually kind of weird case but generally, yes they should be downgraded and divided (perception, travel, combat, certain attack) as well.

Last edited:
This is all correct. Also remember that most of the Saints would have rely on Holy Magic and Spirit Magic to be relevantly powerful. At least compared to the standard A Rank Templar Knights. They also would have to rely on numbers and Holy Field to fight any unawakened Demon Lords. There's no way they could fight evenly with S Rank Demon Lords when they struggle against Albis, Suphia, and Soei.
Eh, Aura and Battlewill are something that common for them that actually make them powerful.

Also, the fact that they can compete with Beatskeeters are the testament of their power at the time which is Special A. In recent time (V20), they should be the top of Special A rank, a little bit below Clayman for the Crusader Captains aside Arnold. Grigori should be comparable to Clayman and Frey while Arnold and Leonard above them. Then we got Sare who is a Saint

Last edited:
Eh, Aura and Battlewill are something that common for them that actually make them powerful.
Oh yes that as well.
Also, the fact that they can compete with Beatskeeters are the testament of their power at the time which is Special A. In recent time (V20), they should be the top of Special A rank, a little bit below Clayman for the Crusader Captains aside Arnold. Grigori should be comparable to Clayman and Frey while Arnold and Leonard above them. Then we got Sare who is a Saint
Yes that's about right.

Back