• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Temporary Leave of Absence

VenomElite

VS Battles
Retired
I've mentioned this a couple of times, but I've been dealing with excessive amounts of anxiety lately. Trying to deal with wiki problems on top of my personal ones is only adding more food to an already full plate (problems as in, anything scenario that needs a solution, not drama - just to make that clear). I've even had a couple of anxiety attacks when the stress reached its apex.

I refuse to stay like this any longer. I've been through depression once and I refuse to go back down that road again. This short; personal rehabilitation of mine will be only be lengthened if I continously have to be deal with the wiki, most of all, people's personal problems with it. I'm not a witch doctor, and though people use the metaphor of Superman to describe me, even Superman has his limits (INB4 SA Superman...)

Now, I am not retiring or permanently leaving. I'm just taking a paternity leave. To be honest, I should have taken this leave when I announced Sera was pregnant a month ago - but I can be quite stubborn and I tend to bite off more than I can chew. I have several real life responsibilites that need to be taken care of first and foremost, adding even more fuel to the flame is what caused this anxiety to reach such levels. Having the custody of my sisters threatened to be taken from me, worries due to them becoming first years in high school (a school far away from home), work (as usual), and a baby that's due early (OB says as early as October, or seven months), just to name the biggest ones.

So, I'm taking this leave until all of this has blown over and I'll return before mid October, I want to be perfectly fine before my baby is born so I can focus on caring for her :)

(Salutes)

It's been an honor serving with you, carry on sir, and take of yourself.

You and Seras have my best wishes

Sera Loveheart said:
It's just 2 1/2 months. Which we all know will fly by >.>
"I should have taken this leave when I announced Sera was pregnant a month ago - but I can be quite stubborn and I tend to bite off more than I can chew."

Oh, that's good to know (excluding the bad news being mentioned after that), and good luck & rest well @Venom.

Take care Ven, I can help on the Masadaverse pages while you are gone. Just drop by a PM on my Hangouts account if you want to talk about anything. I wish the both of us luck.

take off time dammit, worry about Sera and your sisters first, as well as yourself, deal with the wiki later. Your family comes first.

Back