• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Techniques and Name Ideas for Game-themed story

At the moment, im currently in a little disaster. Now, incase some of you arent aware, I am in the middle of writing a game-themed ficitional story (somewhat like Sword Art Online only VERY different). And im at the point in my story where my stories MC is fighting against another player in a battle. And despite how far ive gotten.........Im running out of cool techniques/moves and names for techniques/moves the characters can use in the story. I've been thinking and thinking but nothing good is poping up in my head. So i'd very much appreciate it if you guys could drop some ideas down in this thread for consideration so that my story can keep moving foward.

The characters who are fighting each other use Attributed movesets. One is of the Fire Attribute and the other is of the Earth attribute. So I would like ideas on what techniques they could use and what cool names I could rightfully give to them. Now lets see some creativity!!!

NOTE: The point my characters are at in the story is still early so they are not super OP yet (like at the absolute best they cap at either Moon or Planet Level, probably not even that yet). So lets try and not think of like Universal Flame techniques or Solar Level Earth attacks xD. Also, no need for hax moves so you can focus mostly on damaging-attack moves.

Crescent Harken, Sword of the Dragon King, Terra Force, Full Moon Blaster, Supreme Cannon, Transcendant Sword, Argent Fear, Spiral Masquerade......XD

Gyro
I guess a good Flame attack would be Rotary Flame Blades:
You've seen a gyroscope, right?

As per Cal's suggestion here's the attack in Latin: Gyratorius scapulis flamma

Basically one of these except all of the circles are replaced with flames, and then the opponent gets trapped inside while repeatedly being struck. For added dramatic affect, make the character use it as a final attack, with flames colored differently. Charges the attack, gains an aura, the thing is the size of his fist, charges at his opponent, instantly the thing expands and engulfs the opponent,.

Actually all of those were Digimon Moves. XD

But as Cal said. Moves in other languages always sound badass in English. I mean a move called Kageken is simply Shadow Sword normally. But the other language name sounds awesome to English speakers.

Or be like me and make up random names that sound otherworldly and badass.

https://fcoc-vs-battles.fandom.com/wiki/Zavin_Xcelua

^Perfect Example.

Already im getting great Input! Thanks guys!

Also just a heads up guys, and ill note this in the post, but you also dont need to waste time thinking of hax moves. For the moment the 2 characters who are fighting are using purely attack moves and are hardly gonna use any hax abilities. I mean for the earth player I plan to give an ability where any and all direct attacks that land on him get their damage partically nullified (in other words cut in half to surpress damage) but other than that, thats pretty much it.

So we can just stay on HARD-CORE DAMAGING MOVES! :D

Moves Names:

Savage Sky

Fallen Fury

Midnight Bliss(I think that's a move from something.)

Killer Geometry!!!!!!!!!!

Last Blast-In another language.

King Dragon Void Burst...If you don't take it I'm using that one.

Hell's Fury

Hell's Wrath

Hell's Kitchen (here comes Gordon Ramsay)

Hellflame Incendiary Destruction (here we go)

Gaeaic Wrath's Devastation (does making it Gaeaic work?)

Omniterra Demolishment Blades

Planet level at most? Well, in my story I'm planning to use the name Cataclysm for a spell that conjures a fireball which can completely cover an entity 1.3x the size of Mt. Everest. The name would work for either an Earth or Fire attack, though, but it doesn't sound nearly as cool as some of these other move names people have suggested.

From the sounds of it, you've actually gotten past the first 5 pages (or you skipped them). I seriously can't get past the first 5 pages of my story.

Omg lol. Also wouldnt magma or other fire like attacks be a result of an earth attack? like lets say an attack that has something to do with Volcanos or opening the earth's crust?

Dragonmasterxyz said:
wtf is Gaenic?????
Instead of just saying Gaea's, I made it more badass, look for the sake of story spelling can go to hell! Welcome to the obviously logical world of "My Brain"!

Extreme Heat Release Flame Blitz, now that's something I can get behind!

Terra Implosive Bomb

Terra Mollia Suffocation (Soft Earth Suffocation)

Supreme Slayer

Godfist

Breath Drencher

Red Eclispse

Ground Speak

Life Tremble

World Revamp

Unbound Wrath

Sorry if these are bad. Just came up with them on the spot lol

Streaking Gaea Fury Claws (basically the guy just violently fragments a bunch of rocks, turns them into claws like Fear Ripper's from Bakugan and just warps behind the opponent and does stuff)

And btw I replied on the Bakugan thread!

Also, very important question as I have LONG been wating for an answer to this.

With the exception of Google Translate, are their any good sites/apps that translate words really well incase you wanted to use official words with official translations instead of making them up? Ive been searching and searching for a long while now but havent found any and have been forced to use Google Translate of all things. I'd very much appriciate it if you could possibily reccomend anything good that can translate words and phrases well.

Extra context on what these characters powers are would be nice, but here are a few names I can come up with:

Fire
Laevateinn (The flaming sword/wand that set Yggdrasil, the World Tree ablaze)

Neo Gehenna

Supplicium Flammis (Torture by Fire)

Supernova

Suzaku no Honoo (Flames of the Vermillion Bird)

Purgatorial Flame

Kouen (Crimson Flame), Kouen no Mai (Dance of the Crimson Flame)

Earth
Irdenen Gefängnis (Earthen Prison in German)

Ira Gaeae (Wrath of Gaea/Gaea's Rage)

Terra Firma

Jormungandr (An earthen serpent and the son of Loki that could wrap around the entire Earth)

Das Rheingold

Adamantine Blade

Terra Findens (Tearing Earth)

Das Rheingold is German (Literally, The Gold of the Rhine)

Terra Firma and Terra Findens are both in Latin.

The one I'm most iffy with is Irdenen Gefangis, since I got the former part from Google Translate.

However, I'm positive that Terra Findens is correct. I took Latin for four years in high school and I rarely trust anything I get from Google Translate.

Terra = Earth (1st Declension Singular Nominative)

Fidens = Cleaving (Nominative Present Participle)

So literally, Cleaving or Tearing Earth

Back