• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tankmen Discussion Thread

I mean, it's just an infinity game using the scene of the thugs chasing cap and steve in their vehicles, but in the game the explosions caused by the truck and the tank can be appreciated better and I think they could give better results than the current ones

I did an quick calc of the explosion caused by the tank on the game and got 0.00277 tons of tnt as an result
tank_causes_an_explosion.png

Neato, that would be Wall level+ i think
still not sure if using the game makes sense, though i guess a lot of the explosions happening in the episode are only partially shown or not shown at all so maybe this could be used as a substitude for those or something?

Neato, that would be Wall level+ i think
still not sure if using the game makes sense, though i guess a lot of the explosions happening in the episode are only partially shown or not shown at all so maybe this could be used as a substitude for those or something?
I think yeah, since the explosions are probably pretty much the same as the ones that are shown on the series but from a better perspective

I think yeah, since the explosions are probably pretty much the same as the ones that are shown on the series but from a better perspective
Probably, they seem to be directly taken from the episode and appear to be roughly the same size as the ones in the series (or possibly a bit larger)

Do you think there are more feats that we can calc? I did an quick calculation trying to see the kinetic energy of the tank and got two ends, one using the 88 mph speed, and the other where i use supersonic speed (from the steve dodging canonfire) for the tank, i got results of 0.0185 and 1.83807 tons of tnt

Last edited:
Do you think there are more feats that we can calc? I did an quick calculation trying to see the kinetic energy of the tank and got two ends, one using the 88 mph speed, and the other where i use supersonic speed for the tank, i got results of 0.090714 and 18.02531 tons of tnt
i think using supersonic speed would be calc stacking, it's better to use the 88mph statement

Do you think there are more feats that we can calc? I did an quick calculation trying to see the kinetic energy of the tank and got two ends, one using the 88 mph speed, and the other where i use supersonic speed (from the steve dodging canonfire) for the tank, i got results of 0.090714 and 18.02531 tons of tnt
I made a little mistake while doing the calc. The actual values now are 0.0185 and 1.83807 tons of tnt lmao

Last edited:
Tried to calc the explosion that trimmed captain's nose hair, and got 278.76569 Kilojoules as an result.
Also, in case of doing more calcs, i think it would be better to put them all together in a single blog, so it's easier for the members of calculations evaluations group to find them and evaluate them

Tried to calc the explosion that trimmed captain's nose hair, and got 278.76569 Kilojoules as an result.
Also, in case of doing more calcs, i think it would be better to put them all together in a single blog, so it's easier for the members of calculations evaluations group to find them and evaluate them
Wow that's a lot for an explosion that only trimmed captains nose hair
also i agree

The result probably came out like this because I used as a reference the explosion that I calculated in my blog of steve reacting to cannonfire, otherwise the result will probably be lower

Back