• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sword Beam! (Blyke vs Goblin Slayer)

How does blyke fight? From the looks of the profiles, GS is better combatwise and at using environments to his advantage. His superior reactions speed is a boon, and he can mitigate the effectiveness of Blyke's range by either using his own bow, setting up an ambush, dodging with superior speed, burning down the building, etc. If the AP gap isn't too high, I'm voting Goblin Slayer.

Blyke seems to try to win through continuous shooting of his beams. For opponents that seems to be physically superior to him, or are better at CQC, he can mix it up by using his blasts as propulsion techniques to increase his speed or rapidly change his position. It also helps that he has decent range and can snipe with his beams if given enough distance.

I was considering equalizing speed, but I'm not sure.

Also, there's only but some much environment to use here. And keep in mind that this is Blyke's own turf, so he knows more about the layout of the place than GS just by virtue of him going to school there. Though I'm imagining the fight to take place in some kind of recreational area. Or perhaps an open area in the vicinity of the school.

Actually, I'm going to go ahead and equalize speed. I just realized that Blyke's speed is actually only superhuman (I was thinking he was scaling to Remi). Meaning that GS has an over 10-20x speed advantage.

That's just reaction speed though.

Has anyone calculated how strong is the attack from that Magic Scroll which opens to the bottom of the sea the GS has?

Because that is a one time thing and sort of last resort move of the character, but still a significant one.

Isn't that scroll one time use? If he's already used it, then why would he have a second?

Also, I'd be likely to restrict it since such a weapon bypasses his tier anyway.

@Wokistan

True, but given their power sets, having a reaction advantage of about 20 times is far too much a tipper in one direction as opposed to the other. I was going to keep it due to Blyke's range advantage, but I'll just have them start closer together.

>has magic scroll that can dump the ocean on someone >isn't described on his profile in his powers or notable attacks

11/10 Profile construction

Back