• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Susano'o Terumi vs Tiamat

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one looks kinda tough, however I think Tiamat has the advantage because of the Nega Genesis, making her resistant to almost everything he has while I think he has no way to kill her.

Does she have any way of putting him down when he will always exist? He still has the ability to cut through time and all the nasty things it can do, if there's nothing to keep him down, it's just a battle of attrition until he can land that kind of attack.

"He will always exist" - how so?

And Nega-Genesis offers conceptual level resistance to any attack from human history not altered by timeline shenanigans.

Also, Tiamat has 3 different immortality types that must each be individually negated before she can be put down. She lacks a concept of death, will live as long as there is any life on earth, and is omnipresent throughout space-time so she can just keep coming back.

Tiamat has time paradox immunity and has like 5 ways of immortality while lacking the concept of death. She can also buff herself up physically with Monstrous Strength. Unless Susano'o is allowed to be at full power while he is hated and feared or buff aren't allowed, she'll win the battle of attrition.

However, now that I look at it, she doesn't have resistances to Susanoo's hax. She doesn't have a resistance to Mind Manipulation or Soul Manipulation. I don't know if the Nega Genesis can make her resist that but it doesn't list that in her attributes. I don't know if Susano'o cutting time would work here because that involves paradoxes, which Tiamat is immune to.

Recent mats reveal that Nega-Genesis affect "Man" and "Star" traits. By context of Nasuland, Susano'o would fit under "Heaven" and thus unaffected by it

Susano'o has the ability to "always exist" listed on his page, this is an ability of Observation in Blazblue, which forces something into existence. He accomplishes this by having absorbed Noel Vermillion into himself, thus having gained the Eye of the Azure. This observation brings his entire existence into being, which means he's at full power and he can grow stronger ontop of this if someone hates him.

It's also a form of immortality that allows him to take everything up to existence erasure and keep going. In the story he would be unaffected by the world and all things in it returning to its primordial state of sethir due to this. He used a weaker form of observation to escape a time killer, temporarily, until he got the Susano'o Unit and the Eye of the Azure some moments later.

The most effective counter is anti-reality warping, but it's still very difficult because the observation he is using operates at low 2-C levels, the observer of which is comparable to the likes of Amaterasu or Takamagahara. If you manage to actually counter the reality warping by some anti-observer means you still have to fight Terumi himself, who revives as long as someone can fuel his existence with hatred.

While it isn't directly listed on his page, the Susano'o's ability to cut time allows him to destroy the "time" a target possesses, thus erasing them from existence and all memory of them. This ability didn't work on people who self-observed themselves (someone with Eye of the Azure could take it for example), or somebody who embodied all the death that had occurred the last million timeloops and was the drive of Master Unit Amaterasu.

Furthermore, the Susano'o can cut time without causing a paradox and the time killer technique in question also targets you in every timeline (although I don't quite remember where it was stated). Also Susano'o in Blazblue has basically nothing to do with humanity, he and his body were born in the boundary, completely separate from it.

The fact that this is Susano'o of all people makes him counter Tiamat hard enough (due to how the former immortality works and how Tiamat personality is)

I failed to mention that the second instance of the time killer (the Susano'o Unit's ability to cut (the) time (you possess) without paradox) didn't work because Izanami (someone who embodies death) specifically didn't possess time. This effect doesn't necessarily apply to deathless beings, she was very special as she was the drive of the strongest observer in the Blazblue.

True....

So because Susano'o will forever exist due to absorbing Noel near the end of Central Fiction, Tiamat cannot kill Susano'o.

But can Susano'o kill Tiamat? Tiamat has 5 levels of immortality, 1 of which Susano'o himself has (Type 8). From what I can tell, both can fight to their hearts content, but cannot kill each other. If that's the case, it's inconclusive. Unless Susanoo's time abilities are enough to end Tiamat.

Has Tiamat ever taken an attack that does not come from humanity and that erases her existence from all points in the timeline? If she can't take that, then she won't survive.

I was about to ask if erasing someone from different timelines count as a paradox...

...but then I remembered that the Susano'o Unit can specifically do that without causing a paradox.

Yeah, Susano'o is looking likely so far, especially since it was stated earlier that the Nega-Genesis doesn't work or apply to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back