• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Though now that I think about it, number of Sub-T's varies from one game to another in the X series. In some it's 4, in others it's 2. We could go with the low end if it's more fair like that.

TheC2 said:
Can Zero resist heat vision at the sub-atomic level? Cuz that's the major point of contention for me.
Probably not.

I think he could either try to evade or try to slow Supes with DH, but if it connects, he's probably done for. Don't think he ever demonstrated resistance to something on that lvl, so it's a valid point.

I should have noted these on Zero's profile (and I probably will later), but Zero's weapon set isn't limited to his Special Weapons, Z-Buster, and Z-Saber.

He also has various other weapons, such as the Bashou Fan, which can reflect oncoming attacks back at their original owners, and the Kaiser Knuckle, which allows Zero to go-to-town with his Street Fighter-esque hand-to-hand combat ability.

Alternatively, he could just use the Guard Shell from Mega Man X6 to reflect Supe's Heat Vision back at his face.

• Mfw I totally forgot about how I defeated X7 Sigma by reflecting his attacks back at him and how much I abused those fans in X8*

@Fate. I'd appreciate if you took your accusations of wank, and left them at the door. Talk with some civility or don't bother replying to me. Superman can use that ability to bypass durability so scaling isn't an issue, him knowing how to recognize the complexities of Robots is. Considering how many he has fought, I have zero problem granting that. Superman isn't a stupid character, he has experience with tech that is very advanced, and has the power set to do describe what I described. I don't see it as an off the wall hypthetical in the least. This is a microscopic attack, I'm not sure Zero could even see it.

I called you on wank at that particular reply because you brought up the most unlikely scenario and no actual evidence to back it up.

If you expect to join a debate and not get a reply questioning you on the legitimacy of points you bring up without actually elaborating, then you are probably the one who shouldn't bother replying, really.

Stop taking this at a personal level. It's only a debate.

@PostmodernD

The vast majority of Superman's uses of Heat Vision use visible light.

In addition, Zero is equipped with Broad Range Eye Cameras that can detect a wide variety of energy sources. Microscopic solar energy should still be well within his ability to see.

In addition, Zero's Learning System will eventually kick in and grant him an ability comparable to Superman's Heat Vision if he continually uses it in front of Zero.

Calling it wank simply doesn't seem fair when

1. Superman has the powers to do what I described

2. The knowledge to recognize advanced robotics

3. Has in character used methods to end fights quickly and effectively

You could have asked for an example, countered the point by saying why you think it's unlikely, or even asked me to go in to further depth. All those could have been easily accomplished, without acting like you did. That wasn't debating, it was just rude for the sake of being rude.

Again, you're taking it on a personal level. I was adressing the debate and the point you made. I don't see that as being rude directly against you or offensive at all, but if you insist that I was, then of course, you have my apologies.

@Reppuzan. Thank you for elaborating that. I don't see Zero dodging it, but he could certainly adapt to it in a prolonged fight. That could become a problem. Would his learning system help wit resistance to it, or just give him a similar power to use against Superman. Would the guard shall allow protection from it?

@Post

He rarely gains defensive measures from his Learning System, but recognizing the threat would make Zero switch to any one of his defensive techniques to avoid taking additional damage from Heat Vision.

He has a variety of equipment that can reflect attacks for example.

I've also updated Zero's profile with his most notable equipment in the X Era, but I still have to get to his techniques.

Based on the what's been said about Zero, I'll go with him. He just seems to have little more going for him, what with the ability to reflect attacks back and even pick new abilities as he fights to name some.

Still, a hard fight for him.

I'll go with Zero

it seems to be a mostly inconclusive fight to begin with...but if it starts to drag on i think Zero would eventually adapt to gain the upper hand. he has a far more varied arsenal of weapons and skills to make use of

Ok, since I've had to update the vote count twice today, I just want you all to know that the fourth grace period ends tomorrow at 1:43 pm. If it ends at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back