• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
How potent is Supes' resistance to Reality Warping?

'Cause Sonic's abilitiy to compleletly rewrite history on a Planetary scale sounds dangerous.

Aight then.

While Sonic does have some unlisted hax, Supes does take this via Versatility.

Supes can see souls and hear heart beats so Sonic turning invisible won't work, Supes has pulled off more impressive things with his molecular vibrations, and Supes is resistant to Atomic level matter manipulation and vastly superior Reality Warping (Sonic's two best hax).

Supes, Low-Mid diff

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
Ya sure that's not an outlier?
Him harming or taking an actual blow intent to injure or kill is an outlier. Resisting hax from him is not.

Think of it like this, Supes isn't more powerful than Myx, he's just resistant to his powers.

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
Those powers are two infinites above him though, I mean if its not an outlier fine but that seems shady.
I think the same

That is a COMPLETE outlier, two layers of infinity above you means that dimensional tireing actually matters in hax.

DodoNova2 said:
Sonic Time Travel, Atom Manip and Reality Manip Sting Hard
Superman does have resistance to Atom Manip (even Sub-Atomic Manipulation) and Reality Warping (not only through Torquasm Rao but just his general durability)

He's a far better strategist and better hand to hand fighter (though admittedly i don't know as much about Archie Sonic's combat abilities) and is a little more durable (Archie Sonic was knocked out and flustered by the black hole that nearly destroyed his Solar System, in comparison to Post-Crisis Superman who was able to hold a mini-black hole that also was capable of destroying his Solar System for a period of time) but also survivng attacks against the Void Hound which destroying multiple star systems in a test drive and against beings like the Sun Eater who destroyed Solar Systems with ease.

Overall, i'd probably give it to Superman 7/10, as Sonic's speed and versatility could be a problem if Superman isn't taking the fight as seriously.

one thing though while superman can resist a lot of things he can't put sonic down as sonic has type 8 unless somehow he can destroy the concept of wind that blows but for me what sets the victory is time travel if sonic realizes he can't truly use his abilities time travel is an option and supes ISN'T acausal so there is that...

Has Archie Sonic ever used time travel really casually without outside help before? I can't really seem to find any feats of him using it for combat purposes, or using it anyway without outside help? Besides his feats in Sonic CD (which are dubious at best and a one time thing) i've never seen him actively use time travel in any of the Archie Sonic feats i've seen

So is there ever a specific time he did it?

Well, i was just curious if that would even applicable in the battle. From what i've researched he has to have access to items that he usually don't have on him at all times to time travel (like Warp Rings or Time Stones) in order to do that, as opposed to Flash who can do it under his own power.

I might be wrong however.

Superman can't kill Sonic due to Type 8 immortality, eventually Sonic wears him down with a plethora of hax

Question of how he has Type 8 Immortality? not super familiar with Archie Sonic's abilities. Is there some higher power or reason he can't be killed?

He's connected to the concept of the wind, as long as wind exists, he will be resurrected.

But like how does that earth? Like the wind on earth or just in general? Like if Superman blew up the earth, wouldn't that stop the wind, and therefore sonic? Or does Space-Wind or Wind on other planets count?/s

But seriously, Where is this exactly stated anyway? And does that mean if you destroyed Sonic that he would immediately come back to life?

Comes back almost instantly, and yes Superman can kill him by destroying the earth then killing him.

also speed is unequal what's the fastest superman has traveled and such? Cause while there are shortcuts sonic did run through his verse multiverse twice in less than a day with the first time he was lost so there is that...if supes doesn't have similar speeds (MFTL+ is a catergory for 1000x SoL to any finite number before infinite) then he gets blitzed

Sonic didn't run across the multiverse, he ran across the Cosmic Interstate, which the crossroads between universes and zones.

Superman is likely faster (tens to hundreds of quintillions of times FTL).

it's still not short though...unless by some miracle that place is like...1 km or something which i said its a shortcut but by no means its short...

While it's not short, there's no timescale or real knowledge of how fast he was moving on the Cosmic Interstate, so while we can definitely say he's also Massively MFTL+, we can't say it's comparable to Superman (who like angel said is Quintillions of time FTL, and can perceive attoseconds like they're nothing)

However, since Superman is not bloodlusted, there's no reason to believe that he would destroy the Earth, so i don't think he would be able to destroy Sonic permanently, however, it's still possible for him to knockout Sonic and catch him off guard.

To be fair @TeenAngel101 is this fight a knockout victory or is it bloodlusted?

Jared1111 said:
While it's not short, there's no timescale or real knowledge of how fast he was moving on the Cosmic Interstate, so while we can definitely say he's also Massively MFTL+, we can't say it's comparable to Superman (who like angel said is Quintillions of time FTL, and can perceive attoseconds like they're nothing)

However, since Superman is not bloodlusted, there's no reason to believe that he would destroy the Earth, so i don't think he would be able to destroy Sonic permanently, however, it's still possible for him to knockout Sonic and catch him off guard.

To be fair @TeenAngel101 is this fight a knockout victory or is it bloodlusted?
In character, but serious about winning. Superman can destroy the planet, but only as a last resort.

He's not killing every single person he cares about to kill one guy.

Also, how does he know he needs to bust the earth?

Sorry for the bump, but if it's a uninhabited planet, Superman would have no qualms about destroying the planet

Hell, he could probably just figure out that Sonic couldn't fly and blow up the planet for the sake of getting the edge, Supes isn't out of line for destroying something for the sake of winning if the fight goes haywire.

I'm probably gonna lean more towards Superman now, he's most likely faster, more durable, and does have a lot of resistance to help him survive Sonic's hax.

Only thing that would matter is Sonic's Type 8 immortality, but i don't really know if it's gonna help if Sonic just gets knocked out.

Back