• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Superman post-crisis
Harpuia
Probably the most heroic antagonist in Mega Man. Honestly a very interesting and underrated character.

I don't think we need a 4th Mega Man X vs Superman thread, so how about we take his quintessential child, who is honestly extremely underrated as a character, and pit him against the Man of Steel instead?

Thought this was a very intersting matchup. 2 Heroes who dedicated their lives to saving humanity, ultimately sacrificing them (Supes does this a lot, Harpuia dies doing so in MMZ3). One is more powerful and durable, the other is more versatile and varied.

Scenario: MMZ3 with a twist. This time Superman is around and fought alongside Zero and the others. This time Harpuia and the guardians survived, Omega and Weil were killed, Weil being thrown into space. The Resistance and Neo arcadia make peace and join together to save the planet. The Man of Steel agrees to help.

One day Harpuia challenges Superman to a friendly duel.

They duel on the moon to avoid anyone getting hurt in the crossfire, knowing that they both can survive in space anyway.

Both are willing to do anything to win short of killing or fatally/severely injuring eachother, have knowledge of eachother's strengths and weaknesses from fighting together, are both in-character.

Match is to the tap-out or hands-up surrender gesture. That or being subdued by the other.

Who wins? Speed is also equalized.

Also, for my semi-arrogant amusement, tell me who wins the majority out of 10 if it suits you.

Superman: 6

Harpuia: 0

I don't think there is much I can add to what Crop said. I am not familiar with Sage, just looked at his profile, but intangability is always a big thing for me. So I vote Superman. Call it 6.5 out of 10 I guess.

PostmodernD said:
@Bruce, may I have your opinion on the fight? You know much more about Mega man than I do. Simply curious.
I'd say this fight goes to Superman with mid-high diff. He's a few times weaker (he's pretty high end LS, but not quite LS+) but dominates in abilities (tho I don't think his intangibility is an infallible trump card since tons of characters in Mega Man use it and Harpuia would utterly stomp said characters, Superman's skillset, while not even close to the most broken compared to many Mega Man characters, is still very broken in it's own right), and while I do think Harpuia would be able to contend with it, I don't think he could overcome it.

While Harpuia is a far better leader from a government perspective (he was a much better ruler than Copy X and actually made things peaceful before Elpizo showed up, and still did so until Omega and Weil (along with a revived Copy X), while Superman on the other hand... well... Injustice Gods Among us is all I'll say.), and while I do think Harpuia and Superman are probably fairly comparable in terms of raw skill and strategy, Superman's a better tactician (As in, he's a better "in the moment" fighter, and honestly I think Superman is more skilled than Goku (I could tell you why if you message me)).

Harpuia could very likely adapt to Superman's abilities for the most part, and he can counter things like flight, atom manipulation (especially since Superman's is weak) and heat vision (by just shooting his own energy-based attacks) but he doesn't have much of an answer for Superman's (albeit limited) intangibility, Energy absorption (which counters a solid chunk of Harpuia's moveset), Absolute Zero (while I don't think it would subdue Harpuia since he's based on X who could easily resist absolute zero, Harpuia is weak to Ice-based attacks), phasing, etc.

It's also worth noting Superman has dealt with characters who are superior to him physically such as Darkseid and Doomsday through his keen tactical mind and clever use of his abilities.

TL:DR They have even pure fighting skills, Harpuia is a better government leader (doesn't pertain to anything, but it's worth noting), is physically stronger and more durable by a fairly significant margin, is more experienced (see their ages), and can counter a few of Superman's abilities, but Superman is a better tactician, has abilities that counter Harpuia's except for his swords (which he would probably dodge via intangibility or staying at a distance, and he's a more creative fighter. Harpuia has a sizeable power advantage but I feel Superman being superior in every other way gives him the win.

I would say Supes 6.2/10

BruceTheBatman said:
Also, it's worth noting that unlike a certain anime character, Harpuia doesn't have organs to phase out.
Hardly relevant since the fight is in character.

Gonna give this one free bump, then let it go.

@Radical, Suerman has played more fast and loose with machines. I do not see him having a problem phasing or vibrating out parts that could end the fight, especially in the case of being able to do so without killing his opponent, which would be easier to do in this case.

Well here he's dealing with a sentient machine,I really doubt he would do it against The Red Tornado,sure maybe cyborg Superman but only because he knows how he works but if he has no info it's not in his character to take a chance just to end it quicker.

Like Bruce pointed out Sage doesn't even have organs to phase out and the scenario laid out it's just a sparring match no need for some gruesome fatality.

Superman has greater experience and abilities like intangibility to fall back on if his Sage is giving him too hard of a time.

Ryukama said:
Superman has greater experience and abilities like intangibility to fall back on if his Sage is giving him too hard of a time.
While I agree for the most part, he's not more experienced.

Yeah I take that part back. But Superman can at least hold his own against him combatwise and isn't completely bad at fighting though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back