• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Superman vs Brandon Breyer

I'm fairly certain Supes has more control and experience with his powers anyway, more than enough to overtake that range advantage. He's actually fought people on his level. Voting for Superman.

I'd still put the person who actually has legitimate combat experience above the emotionally unstable 12 year old kid going through puberty who does not.

Minor rant

Brightburn looks like it's pretty good and well made, but I'm kind of sick and tired of the whole obsession with edgy superheroes and deconstruction. It was done to death in the 70's and 80's, it got even worse in the 90's, and since then everyone's been trying to recover from that sort of obsession. You don't suddenly become a good or sophisticated by taking apart tropes, which are used specifically because they work, unless you use it for reconstruction. Otherwise it's just following a preset path and pretending you're innovative./rant

Damn, that Superman profile needs some major editing. What kind of Superman page doesn't even list flight for his powers?

I don't think it was ment to reconstruct anything, much to many people's disappointments. The film was just what if kid superman was evil. Also, isn't a superhero movie. Nothing Brandon does is good when he gets powers. It is just a horror thriller. It is like Carrie and similar films about being bullied and then just using your powers to get revenge (though not as much as trailers and interviews would have you believe). Again, the movie isn't ment to re-invent the wheel, it is just to show its fun premise. It is like a parody.

My point is that there's definitely been too much deconstruction without reconstruction, and it gets tiring after a while, but writers still pretend they're innovating in certain aspects when that's not necessarily the case.

Yobo Blue said:
That's why even if it was good, I think it fails in a very fundamental way without that aspect.
What aspect? The one that had been done to death? Edgy superhero films?

P.S. imo it was pretty good, the kills were amazing and the parents (Tori and Kyle) were very well acted.

Yeah, I think it was well made. It's just something that grinds my gears a bit, so I might as well explain a little bit of my issue with it.

Hasn't but assuming he goes in, gets hit, and actually feels pain, BB will likely move back to attack. I guess Superman can defeat him in the first assult and defeat him before BB can move back and attack...\._./ so nvm.

Back