• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Superman (Donnerverse) vs M. Bison

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamanPatou

VS Battles
Administrator
One of Shadaloo's Black Moons detonated over New York, causing immense damage. While Bison contemplates the result of his actions, Superman arrives to check what happened. It doesn't take him much time to realize the floating man clad in a red military suit is responsible for this. The evil one instead grins. Defeating a superhero, defender of justice is one of his favourite entertainments.

• Both are High 7-A
  • Speed is equal
  • The battle takes place in a deserted New York
  • Starting distance is 20 meters
  • Superman scales to 2.7 gigatons and M. Bison somewhere above 1.2 gigatons, but not an immense margin.

Superman: 2 (EliminatorVenom, CBslayeR)

M. Bison: 7 (N-nani, Coolboy, Confluctor, Blackdarkness679, MonkeyOfLife, 1st Virtur of Pure Void, XSOULOFCINDERX)

Inconclusive:

supermanthemovie1.jpg
81e8608a76ec69989dea602107dfed48.jpg

Last edited:
Looking at the files, MB seems far more haxxed in comparison and could counter a lot of Supes' abilities.

Btw, how many of his abilities are combat applicable?

Looking at the files, MB seems far more haxxed in comparison and could counter a lot of Supes' abilities.

Hypnosis is the only one that might be non-combat applicable because he's never done it in the middle of a fight but that might be his hubris getting the best of him.
Otherwise yeah Black Moons Bison is absolutely his most powerful version in canon

I think Supes can definitely take the advantage multiple times in the fight since Bison is used to being the stronger fighter but in theory MB has so many ways to defeat supes that I feel he'll take the eventual win
Teleporting, Paralysis, real image projection not just illusionary, Master martial arts skills that beat out other top tier fighters.
Yeah Bison takes this after a winded battle

Mind manip is something he does on defeated opponents and not even everyone of them, it really depends on what he wants to do with them.
Possession is definitely not combat applicable, look at his weaknesses section for more details. Forcefield and Paralysis are active, but nothing says they can't be overpowered or broken, we just have no details. Portal creation is more used to move from a place to the other, he never used them in combat. Healing was only used on another person, we don't know if it works on Bison himself. Astral Projection is the same, used a single time when he was afar, he doesn't use it as a form of duplication in close combat.

Anyway, votes counted, unless you want to change them after my message. (in that case I just switch the count)

Last edited:
He has freezing breath, regen, far higher lifting strength, attack reflect and a decent ap advantage.

If it's still deemed unfair, I will ask for the thread to be closed.

He has freezing breath, regen, far higher lifting strength, attack reflect and a decent ap advantage.

If it's still deemed unfair, I will ask for the thread to be closed.
It may be noteworthy that this Superman's Regeneration is Low-Mid.

Low-Mid: The ability to regenerate lost limbs, and even from severe organ damage or destruction, including traditionally fatal wounds and disembowelment or horizontal bisection. For machines and vehicles, this would be regenerating minor parts and more extensive internal damage.

Although, his profile seems to lack any justification or explanation for this Regeneration ability of his. So how fast & how much he can Regenerate also seems unclear.

While I do think bison has the overall advantage I never said I thought it was unfair. In fact this is a very close match as Superman is much stronger than bison and bison is in no way going to take this seriously in the first bout while Superman is.
Superman could grab bison, fly up out of the atmosphere and throw him into space. Then bison could teleport back and continue to fight. Both can reflect attacks and play pingpong/ocarina of time. The main problem for supes is hand to hand. Sure superman can fight but his opponent is a final boss from a hand to hand fighting game... Supes could try to tank it out but Bison has fought persistentce before with Fang and Sagat.

Or supes could pull something out of his a$$ like the end of each film and move on with his life.

I feel like Bison's teleportation and experience give him an advantage, though he will have to watch for Superman's higher AP as well as freeze breath. Bison will likely get cocky, proceed to be hit by Superman, then realizing Superman's strength, start taking Superman seriously and proceed to use his martial arts knowledge and teleportation to take Superman down. Also, while Superman does have his freeze breath, Bison still has paralysis.

Correct, although Bison's paralysis is more like his barrier restricting others through Psycho Power, and Superman could break out of it with his insane LS.

An important note that no one has mentioned in detail: Lifting strength.
  • Bison scales to being above 48.427 Ton feat, so he's baseline at 50 tons
  • Superman while dying from Kryptonite poisoning threw an island with the equivalent force of 3,192,998,398 tons
That's a gap of 63,859,967. Superman's index finger is a million times that of Bison's upscaling, meaning any CQC encounter ends whenever Bison gets put in a hold unless he teleports out. Considering Superman's ability to project stuff that can hold people on his strength level Bison can easily be restrained even from a distance if he isn't careful.

Sure Martial Arts are important, but not when Superman is so much stronger than he can flex out of any hold and grapple him to submission without any degree of effort.

Sure Martial Arts are important, but not when Superman is so much stronger than he can flex out of any hold and grapple him to submission without any degree of effort.
Good point, I didn't look too much into the numbers but went you say it like that Bison becomes a ragdoll.
Actually if this is high 7-A bison then Supes could destroy the black moons himself and weaken bison 👀

Might input later to change my vote but I'll give it some thought first

The Black Moon has already been destroyed, they are meant to self destruct, what feeds off Bison is a sort of machine in the Shadaloo HQ that gathera the negative emotions caused by the Moons themselves.
Let alone that Supes doesn't know about any of that.

Also, the difference in LS is truly gigantic, but since their AP is similar they can attack each other with about the same strength, or at least not a big difference, none of that is a ragdoll to the other.

Superman is definitely going to overpower Bison if he tries to constrict him in a grapple, force him below his feet (some of his moves do that) or else, but in punch and kicks they are about equal.

Anyway, Quawsedf are you voting for Superman?

I'd have tk look at Bison more. I just wanted to note that Superman had some rather heavy adcantages no one was really mentioning.
Got it.
Also, do you know where Supes' regen comes from? Even asking around, no one seems to know and I believe it would be relevant for the match.

Also, do you know where Supes' regen comes from?
Every single version of Superman got it forever ago due to the assumption that they share that regen with TDKR and Post-Crisis Superman. As you can guess that's a very not good reason, so there's been multiple CRTs about changing up their regen to be more in-line with their feats. Reeves Superman probably just never got that changed.

His best feat in this incarnation is like, healing from being stabbed in the back I think and recovering from a coma.

Though I guess maybe there's a debate about him recovering from Nuclear Man giving his pseudo full body cancer but I think he needed a magic space crystal for that.

Madlad Battle: Bison empowers Superman with the Psycho Power in order to make him evil, and Superman counters by giving him a memory-erasing kiss. Superman wins by kissing.

Seriously though, I can think of this match happening actually, and it'd be cool to think of Superman coming to the world's aid with the emergence of Bison.

In AP, yeah, Superman is a tad bit stronger, and he actually has better methods of "ignoring" (Let's call it just minimizing) Bison's durability, with his Heat Vision and Freezing Breath. His LS is actually nuts, and he can absolutely choke Bison out or make an iron submission hold that Bison could only get out of by teleportation. He might be able to channel the psycho power in energy waves to try to ward Superman off through pain, but I don't think it'd be effective, with Superman's willpower and durability. What'll help Bison a bit here are his devices that constantly empower and heal him, but even then, since Superman won't be really afraid or particularly angry at him, it won't be that effective.

Skill-wise, Bison is way more skilled than Supes, no question, in almost any sense of the world. This encompasses smarts as well. However, we need to remember the old adage that skill is less relevant the stronger your foe is to you. In striking, exchanging blows and using powers, Bison's skill will still be very important since Superman is decently but noy overwhelmingly more powerful. In LS though, his skill is as good as nonexistant.

Now, the topic that really matters for this. Powers and their usage. Bison has the versatility and a much larger arsenal of powers as described here. However, we need to keep in mind that, in general, powers in SF are limited to specific usages and applications in a direct fight, as Saman explained here in this thread. Many of the powers are used in very specific ways or in noncombat situations. With that in mind, I'm actually tempted to say that Superman ought to have the advantage here. His versatility is way smaller, but what he does have, he uses way more and more efficiently than Bison does in most fights. His LS takes care of the more ridiculous stuff in Bison's arsenal, and his AoE breath attacks can take care of multiple images. In a battle of almost pure attrition, exchanging blows and throws, Superman will also have the advantage.

I'll side with the underdog of this thread and say that Superman should win, albeit with difficulty and only after a long fight, thanks to Bison's teleportation, shrewd combat ability and versatility, but ultimately, I see big boy blue taking a win.

Madlad Battle: Bison empowers Superman with the Psycho Power in order to make him evil
And so Injustice came to be.

What'll help Bison a bit here are his devices that constantly empower and heal him, but even then, since Superman won't be really afraid or particularly angry at him, it won't be that effective.
Just a note that this Bison doesn't have the Psycho Drive.

Other Black Moons could be detonated in some part of the world to fuel him with more power, but that kinda requires them to be maneuvered by people in the Shadaloo base, and I don't think it would be applicable in a battle without external help.

Still, Bison has some form of healing with EX Psycho Drain, which steals health, and stamina with normal Psycho Drain and Psycho Reflect, although they are limited to him landing a specific gut punch (the first) or intercepting an energy projectile (the second).

Grace is over, I'm adding the match.

-------------

This time, it didn't end as in the past. Superman couldn't save the day, and evil triumphed over justice. As a purple glow ends the hero's life, so it ends mankind's hope, and an ominous and thick shadow is falls over the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back