• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DCAU - Superman Revisions

So, I decided to go on another DCAU binge, because, well, it's awesome.

Looking back at the profile, I realized how much is just.. missing. The profile, and probably the entire verse, is REALLY outdated. But I wanted to start with the Justice League's biggest gun.

Let's begin with additions to his powers/resistances.

Still in question:
Thunder Clap. (Not sure if we can apply this to young Superman, but we'll come back to Superman Beyond.)

Accepted:
Unaffected by lava/magma.
Unaffected by fire.
More resistance to immense heat.
Resistance to electricity manipulation.
Shrugs off electricity-induced blows from Mantis (Lightning Manipulation)
Durability Negation.
Resistance to Ice Manipulation, another example.
Resistance to Mind Manipulation.
Resistance to Hellfire Manipulation.
Self Sustenance (Type 1). (Multiple examples, would also warrant Resistance Extreme Temperatures and Cosmic Radiations.)

Calcs (All Accepted):
Continent level. (1.7 Petatons)
Lifting Strength
Meteor AP (1.1 Megatons)

Denied:
Superman Beyond moves a moon (Considered non-canon.
Able to withstand Captain Marvel's lightning. (Lightning/Electricity Manipulation.)

Also, I want to add that this discussion can be all things related to Superman from the DCAU, if there's something not here that needs to be added? Go ahead, it's an open discussion on the profile.

Last edited:
Most of these look fine, particularly heat resistance examples. But need more time to think about some of the others.

Yeah, calculating the KE of the lava as it's been done with similar eruptions should be easy enough.

I'm guessing the feat would be for Superman causing the eruption? Or would it be for Doomsday surviving that?

At a glance, what I see on the OP is fine btw.
Doomsday surviving the feat, later in the episode (pretty much right after) Doomsday is shown encased in solidified rock, with no lasting damage or effects (no major scars, torn or melted pieces, etc)

I agree with Supes having keys, he’s definitely much stronger in JL vs STAS judging from his performance against characters like Darkseid

I would know if the Beyond feat is from the comics we shouldn’t use those since there are massive issues with continuity between it and the shows

I agree with Supes having keys, he’s definitely much stronger in JL vs STAS judging from his performance against characters like Darkseid

I would know if the Beyond feat is from the comics we shouldn’t use those since there are massive issues with continuity between it and the shows
And what is your opinion on the potential upgrade? Does the feat look solid enough for you?

If the comics have continuity issues,, then maybe it's best that we don't include it.

I don't think we would want to count that, he doesn't appear to be anywhere near that strong in the future.

I don't think we would want to count that, he doesn't appear to be anywhere near that strong in the future.
Well we don't really see Superman much in the show, let alone actually fighting at full power. We could at least get a possibly 5-C for Beyond Supes

I don't recall too much about him but I could've sworn he'd been stated to not be as strong as in the old days.

It would explain the jump from Small City level to Moon level+ I guess xD

On that note actually, would we have different keys and tiers depending on the era? Like STAS would keep the Low 7-B and JLU would get 6-C or something like that?

Pretty sure moving that moon was discussed as not being canon to the animated series; it's a one sided connection; the DCAU series is canon to that comic but those comic is not canon to the cartoon.

I'd probably say maybe Continent Level, because I don't know about y'all but that eruption looked WAY faster than any average eruption.

Pretty sure moving that moon was discussed as not being canon to the animated series; it's a one sided connection; the DCAU series is canon to that comic but those comic is not canon to the cartoon.
Even then it's weird
The comics imply stuff like Kingdom Come and Death in the Family happened so it would be it's own page if anything

Also, here's something else I want to bring up. Why is Superman only listed as Relavistic when the speed justification implies that he is able to react at FTL speeds? I'm pretty sure Wonder Woman being able to react and block a fury of light-based projectiles AFTER they are fired would be perfect FTL justification.

I'll repeat what I said in the Luthor/Luthoriac thread regarding Earth 12. Its recognized that DC has said that Earth 12 is canon to both the DCAU and comics multiverse, but pretty much everyone has poked more continuity holes in that statement than bears mentioning here in detail. That on top of there already being canonicity issues with comics that have no relation to the DC Multiverse as a whole. The closest thing it I believe it really has in common with the main comic continuity is a shared Mxy. I say that because our current quote for Mainstream DC Comics Mxy comes from a comic that specifically mentions the DCAU and was penned by the AU's lead creative influences.

Honestly The DCAU New 52 comics interpretation should have their own profiles.

Other than that:
Heat/Fire stuff is fine, but I have a few issues with the other proposals. Mainly in how its him just shrugging off those abilities, or even failing to do so in the case of the Agony Matrix. I don't think what's given is enough to justify giving him resistances to these abilities.
Volcano should be calc'd.

Last edited:
Thinking about it, why are we scaling Superman's base physicals to a feat he preformed so close to an object that actively amps his stats?
In the DCAU, the concept of sun-dipping hasn't ever really been established or really thought of. He's never used it in a scenario that would have been needed in situations close to the sun, so either it gives a relatively small boost, or he'd only get a power-up from smashing into it.

In the DCAU, the concept of sun-dipping hasn't ever really been established or really thought of.
While true, the movie also breaks other DCAU norms like Superman flying in space with no protection/oxygen and moving faster than light according to the calc.

While true, the movie also breaks other DCAU norms like Superman flying in space with no protection/oxygen and moving faster than light according to the calc.
Would like to mention that Supes speed rating is up in the air as we have feats of him and even some street tiers such as Static reacting to SoL Green Lantern rings.

See the bottom part of this threads OP.

I swore Superman's flown into space without a suit in Justice League before

Back