• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
What are the combat applications of Nayru's Space-time, Physics, and Law Manips? How good is her Precog and Mind Manip?

Sonic should be able to resist her mind manipulation since after all, Chaos Emeralds are shown to block out mental attacks. I think the real issue is if her law manipulation is combat applicable. If it is, she could basically just turn Sonic into an egg.

Show me a scan or something that shows Nayru's combat prowess please.

Nayru basically created Space-Time, the Laws and physics of the universes via flying. And she probably leads with law manip (or concept manip of wisdom) as it's her main ability.

TriforcePower1 said:
Nayru basically created Space-Time, the Laws and physics of the universes via flying. And she probably leads with law manip (or concept manip of wisdom) as it's her main ability.
Has she offensively manipulated the universe's Laws or physics in combat? Cuz basic creation of those things probably won't mean anything.

That's literally the only thing she did in the entire series ovo. She never fought as she's the absolute god tier of the verse (with the other two goddesses).

She can concept manip and RW scaling from Triforce, but I'm unsure about her being capable of changing laws and physics. I need to check that, but it's likely she can as that's kind of her main thing. Ask Cal.

The Triforce's Concept manip is apparently "limited" and vague at that. Reality Warping is a wide range of abilities so the specific applications of Nayru's RW should be specified so it can be understood why it'd grant an inherent advantage over Sonic.

I'll go with Sonic via actual combat experience until Cal or another lot replies to elaborate on Nayru's abilities.

Nah, the TF's concept manip has been upgraded as it now can "change the essence of all things", so it's still very useful.

Dunno, maybe she can estend her RW powers to Law manip? This RW is the "wish for something and that'll be granted" kind. So it's extremely versatile.

Nigh-omniscient (nigh only because of the other two goddesses) about a verse in which tons of people fight with hax would still give you an upper hand in combat. Edit: ninja'd about this last part.

TriforcePower1 said:
Nah, the TF's concept manip has been upgraded as it now can "change the essence of all things", so it's still very useful.

Dunno, maybe she can estend her RW powers to Law manip? This RW is the "wish for something and that'll be granted" kind. So it's extremely versatile.

Nigh-omniscient (nigh only because of the other two goddesses) about a verse in which tons of people fight with hax would still give you an upper hand in combat. Edit: ninja'd about this last part.
Nigh-omniscience doesn't mean she'll have knowledge on Sonic though as he's from a different verse. That only works in-verse.

TriforcePower1 said:
Okay. In combat, how in-character is it for Nayru to change a concept's "essence" or wish Sonic out of existence (or something along those lines)? Cuz simply having an ability doesn't rly grant any inherent dominance in a Versus Thread. If Nayru isn't willing to use the specific applications of the abilities presented then it shouldn't mean jack.

tl dr: "X character has this ability or item which can do this so they win" isn't a good way of deciding who wins unless it can be proven that the character deploys such strategies in combat.

@SW. Omnisciece means any amount of combat experience pales in comparison because the opponent has all the experience. My that she'll be aware of Sonic's experience.

I probs should've noticed dat sooner than later

Aight, but it's debatable if her Nigh-Omniscience would encompass Sonic's abilities due to his existence stemming from outside her Verse:

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
Nigh-omniscience doesn't mean she'll have knowledge on Sonic though as he's from a different verse. That only works in-verse.

What abilities does Sonic have that are out of the ordinary though? I'm not arguing that she knows Sonic or his fighting style. I'm arguing that no matter how much fighting experience Sonic brings to the table, it pales in comparison to Nayru who knows all the fighting experience of all the Zelda-verse.

And to answer the question, the one time the Golden Goddesses could be bothered to interfere with the Light World, they went with the lolsealing.

Man....Omniscience really should be saved for actual gods (Tier 1 and above). It really doesn't translate well in a vs battle.

Sonic's combat experience is moot then. But considering she doesn't know him, his arsenal, or his powerset her nigh-omniscience it doesn't provide much versatility beyond negging his combat experience.

How does Goddess-sealing work? I'll vote for Nayru via that if it isn't something that can be dodged. inb4 it happened off scree

She kind of leads with Law manip in myth, and that's kind of her thing. And creating laws isn't as useless as it seems, she could just create something like "everything yellow collapses on itself" or something like that, and it would technically be a win.

From what I've gathered she's never established laws to detriment others, meaning that wouldn't be in-character.

Back