• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"street level"

peak human speed = peak human
peak human lifting = peak human
peak human stamina = peak human
peak human AP/durability = street level

According to the tiering system page, the name is a reference to "street fighters in martial arts movies and the like" (I have a feeling most of those are 9-B), but still, why not "peak human level"? All of tier 10 is named "_ human level", this would be more consistent with the names of other stats' "peak human" levels, and it isn't needlessly confusing like the name "street level" is. All other tiers for tier 11 and 9 and beyond (except for 0) are named after what type of structure the subject is powerful enough to destroy, like "wall level", "building level", "mountain level", etc., and tier 10 is named after the subject's strength relative to the average human, but "street level" is a complete anomaly. Unlike the other tiers a real life human can reach, it doesn't follow the naming convention of "_ human". It IS named after a sort of structure/area, like almost every other tier, but it ISN'T named that because the subject can destroy the structure.

I suppose my questions are, who came up with this and why?

Last edited:
why name it street level because of a random reference over naming it peak human level because it's consistent and non-confusing?

I agree that renaming the tier to "Peak Human" would be much more clear and consistent, but I have no issue with "Street Level" either. Most tiers under High 3-A are misnomers anyway, considering the AP requirements are entirely arbitrary and do not necessarily correspond to their namesakes.

Street level is just a common nickname for peakhuman fighters even IRL as well as what Daredevil/Batman level characters are called in Marvel/DC Comics even if they're higher than that. But Street level is consistent with the names containing level and thus more suited for AP and Durability.

Think of it this way, Street level is a fitting name for the potency of a fighting tool specifically meant to crack and break solid concrete and those whose punches can do the same.

Back