• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Stats Equal “The Player” Tournament R1M1: Rookie the Hedgehog vs Princess Slaying Hero (1-0-0)

Welcome to the first match. In the left corner, a once ordinary citizen that joined the rebellion against the Eggman Empire, Rookie!

And in the right corner, the living embodiment of the emptiness and stasis of reality, sometimes called “Little Bird”, but better known as Hero!

All stats except intelligence are equalized, restricted Hero is used, his ability to tap into his full strength is allowed, incon will be decided by coin flip.

Who wins?

Rookie the Hedgehog: 1

Hero the Little Bird: 0

Inconclusive: 0

Last edited:
So I'm just gonna assume this is Restricted Hero not tapping into his fully strength cause it would be a stomp otherwise.
Rookie could take this pretty handily. They scale to the EG combat Intelligence other Sonic peeps have (their profile is a bit outdated but they can fight peeps like Infinite and Metal Sonic as well as having their skills praised by Espio) which on top of their 4x higher reactions should allow them to easily overwhelm LQ in cqc or just blast him with Wispons from a distance. To get around LQ's immo's and SW Rookie can BFR him with the Void Wispon.

Last edited:
The Void Wispon is Void Manipulation, it would kill the Long Quiet, or at least make him think he’s dead, a.k.a reset the fight.
LQ, with the correct amount of determination, can shrug off having his entire face punched off, keep fighting the Adversary for all of eternity, endlessly regenerate his mind and soul, etc. Plus, his Statistics Amplification lets him go from getting one-shot by the Adversary to actually matching her, so he should eventually be able to tank almost all of Rookie's attacks. Think the Long Quiet would just win here by outlasting Rookie.

The Void Wispon is Void Manipulation, it would kill the Long Quiet, or at least make him think he’s dead, a.k.a reset the fight.
What the Void Wispon does isn't 100 clear but considering Rookie can use it to teleport it's likely that it BFR's foes which LQ can't come back from.
LQ, with the correct amount of determination, can shrug off having his entire face punched off, keep fighting the Adversary for all of eternity, endlessly regenerate his mind and soul until he gives it up, etc. Plus, his Statistics Amplification lets him go from getting one-shot by the Adversary to actually matching her, so he should eventually be able to tank almost all of Rookie's attacks.
So, I think the Long Quiet would just win by outlasting Rookie.
His tankiness isn't gonna help that much considering Rookie can easily kill him with the Cube Wispon which he can also use to trap LQ without killing them for a incap victory. Even if LQ gets stronger Rookie can still use Wispon like Cube and Void to take him out instantly, also LQ amping won't help him get around the insane skill gap as well as Rookie's 4x reactions and speed amps with Boost and their spin attacks.

What the Void Wispon does isn't 100 clear but considering Rookie can use it to teleport it's likely that it BFR's foes which LQ can't come back from.
We kinda see it crush the bots into nothing and it's listed as Void Manipulation, the "capable of turning targets to nothing" kind, so ehhh
Even if it was BFR, when the LQ gets trapped in inescapable situations (such as the "good ending" or falling infinitely through an abyss), he just stabs himself to reset the loop.
His tankiness isn't gonna help that much considering Rookie can easily kill him with the Cube Wispon which he can also use to trap LQ without killing them for a incap victory. Even if LQ gets stronger Rookie can still use Wispon like Cube and Void to take him out instantly, also LQ amping won't help him get around the insane skill gap as well as Rookie's 4x reactions and speed amps with Boost and their spin attacks.
Ye, that's why I said "almost." Although I don't see Rookie not breaking the cube, they wouldn't really have any reason to believe that it wouldn't kill LQ.
As for how LQ would land a hit on Rookie, they will eventually tire, and if it becomes a big problem, LQ can just go for a different approach than a straight-up fight.
Plus, if push comes to shove, LQ will probably just empty his mind and tap into his full power.
It would take him like, a few dozen or so deaths to do that, and chances are he might give up at that point, but ehhh

We kinda see it crush the bots into nothing and it's listed as Void Manipulation, the "capable of turning targets to nothing" kind, so ehhh
The bots just get sucked up and the manual just says it "swallows up items and enemies" so it doesn't explicitly kill targets.
Even if it was BFR, when the LQ gets trapped in inescapable situations (such as the "good ending" or falling infinitely through an abyss), he just stabs himself to reset the loop.
LQ off'ed himself in the "good ending" after possibly decades have passed which is well over the time for a BFR win and when he was falling into the Abyss the only way out was offing him himself which he probably wouldn't resort to if he was just tp somewhere random.
Ye, that's why I said "almost." Although I don't see Rookie not breaking the cube, they wouldn't really have any reason to believe that it wouldn't kill LQ.
They'd probably go for just trapping him in a cube after seeing him regen from the cube being broken or if he's too strong from Rookie to take down with physical blows.
As for how LQ would land a hit on Rookie, they will eventually tire, and if it becomes a big problem, LQ can just go for a different approach than a straight-up fight.
I don't really see what he can do to tire them though. He can't run due to the Rookie's boost outspeeding him and due to being able to fire at LQ from a range. He can't tire him out him out in CQC due to being immediately out-skilled and likely hiting with the Cube Wispon.
Plus, if push comes to shove, LQ will probably just empty his mind and tap into his full power.
It would take him like, a few dozen or so deaths to do that, and chances are he might give up at that point, but ehhh
Yeah, I don't think Rookie has a good way of dealing with that if it's not restricted but, gonna note that since this fight doesn't take place in the construct I'm pretty sure if LQ thinks he's died he's gonna stay dead.

The bots just get sucked up and the manual just says it "swallows up items and enemies" so it doesn't explicitly kill targets.
Rookie's profile just lists it as Void Manipulation and its a black hole that appears to turn enemies into nothing. You'd think if it was BFR it'd be listed as so, no?
LQ off'ed himself in the "good ending" after possibly decades have passed which is well over the time for a BFR win and when he was falling into the Abyss the only way out was offing him himself which he probably wouldn't resort to if he was just tp somewhere random.
That's mostly due to the Narrator trying to get him to think it's good, how he's actually happy, and so on.
Void Wispon sorta also creates a black hole, if it does send him somewhere, it's probably akin to the Abyss.
They'd probably go for just trapping him in a cube after seeing him regen from the cube being broken or if he's too strong from Rookie to take down with physical blows.
The Construct honestly makes his regen seem like it's non-existent without peak determination, since he'll die from anything lethal.
Unless he gets the Voice of the Stubborn as at least the second Voice, he probably won't showcase much regen in this fight.
Yeah, I don't think Rookie has a good way of dealing with that if it's not restricted but, gonna note that since this fight doesn't take place in the construct I'm pretty sure if LQ thinks he's died he's gonna stay dead.
Fight not taking place in the Construct would definitely make it pretty weird, since LQ can't actually die, the Construct is sorta the only thing that makes it appear like he does.
So chances are, without the Construct limiting him, he'll tap into his full power sooner than later.

Sorry for the late response, I keep getting distracted and forget to reply.
Rookie's profile just lists it as Void Manipulation and its a black hole that appears to turn enemies into nothing. You'd think if it was BFR it'd be listed as so, no?
True, though if it is 100% void manip he's pretty much cooked if he doesn't have his immo from the construct after he gets hit by it.
The Construct honestly makes his regen seem like it's non-existent without peak determination, since he'll die from anything lethal.
Unless he gets the Voice of the Stubborn as at least the second Voice, he probably won't showcase much regen in this fight.
Which means LQ is probably not gonna come back after dying to lethal enough damage due to not being able to regen and the Construct not being able to shunt his mind to an alternate universe. Also, pretty sure LQ would have all the voices without needing to die due to SBA.
Fight not taking place in the Construct would definitely make it pretty weird, since LQ can't actually die, the Construct is sorta the only thing that makes it appear like he does.
So chances are, without the Construct limiting him, he'll tap into his full power sooner than later.
I'm pretty sure cause LQ only gets his unrestricted immo's while in that key, so he can perma die if he's outside the Construct in his restricted key. I feel like OP should note whether or not LQ can enter his Unrestricted key cause it changes a lot if so.

Sorry for the late response, I keep getting distracted and forget to reply.

True, though if it is 100% void manip he's pretty much cooked if he doesn't have his immo from the construct after he gets hit by it.

Which means LQ is probably not gonna come back after dying to lethal enough damage due to not being able to regen and the Construct not being able to shunt his mind to an alternate universe. Also, pretty sure LQ would have all the voices without needing to die due to SBA.

I'm pretty sure cause LQ only gets his unrestricted immo's while in that key, so he can perma die if he's outside the Construct in his restricted key. I feel like OP should note whether or not LQ can enter his Unrestricted key cause it changes a lot if so.
Didn’t you say his unrestricted key stomps?

I'm talking about his base form's Type 5 Immortality, even the restricted LQ can't actually die.
He does still sorta need to realize that he can actually regen to get a new body, but still.
Also if SBA gives him all the voices, doesn't that also mean he'll start already with the regen?

His restricted key can gain more abilities when he's tapping into his full strength, he's unaware of it himself and it will probably take him some time to actually use it tho
Is that enough time for his defeat at Rookie’s hands to still be possible? If so then it should be fine

Didn’t you say his unrestricted key stomps?
Ye, It has Passive Existence Erasure and has things like Nonexistent Physiology and Abstract Existence.
I'm talking about his base form's Type 5 Immortality, even the restricted LQ can't actually die.
He does still sorta need to realize that he can actually regen to get a new body, but still.
From my understanding, LQ's type 5 while restricted just means that his consciousness is unaffected by death but he still needs the Construct to shunt his mind to an alternate universe to come back without using his regen so if he does get killed by Rookie his consciousness is gonna linger but he can't really fight anymore.
Also if SBA gives him all the voices, doesn't that also mean he'll start already with the regen?
Afaik the voices wouldn't really help LQ use his Mid-Godly regen unless they really try but I feel like it's unlikely.

I feel like OP should note whether or not LQ can enter his Unrestricted key cause it changes a lot if so.
I’m going to go with no on this. If I’m understanding any of this correctly it seems like allowing it would either make it a stomp or not matter depending on if Rookie can finish off LQ while he tries to realize whatever he’s tapping into.

The second key (Unrestricted LQ) or the Full Power Restricted LQ? The former probably won't ever come up here, the latter is honestly LQ's only wincon at the moment.

The second key (Unrestricted LQ) or the Full Power Restricted LQ? The former probably won't ever come up here, the latter is honestly LQ's only wincon at the moment.
Oh! Thanks for clearing that up. Full Power Restricted should be fine then. I edited the OP accordingly

Back