• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars: Legends vs Canon

that is true but I think it's because the medium itself has far more limitations than say a book or a series.

I'm going to have to go with Canon. I know Legends has been around much longer and has far more content, but it's rather too expensive and difficult to follow. Though I love KOTOR, Shadows of the Empire, and the old Battlefront games; the Force Unleashed games were also pretty good. But I don't know very much about the comics and there's so much inconsistent shit; despite being awesome at times. Why the hell did Boba Fett fall in the Sarlacc three times? WTF?!? Also, EA Games (The Modern day equivalent of LJN) completely F'd up the more recent Star Wars games like they do with nearly everything else they touch.

I'm not a huge fan of the Post ROTJ stuff in Legends except for a few exceptions

but I think the Old Republic era is arguably the best-written era, most well-thought era

and the Era they should have legitimately kept canon as it doesn't seem the movies will be heading towards that timeline

How is EA canon? I don't remember Disney ever saying it was; unless you count movie licensed games, but those don't count as either one of them. They're just bad adaptations.

Canon has the worst video games period.

while there are a bunch of shitty star wars games from Legends far worse than any EA game...

but Legends has Kotor, classic battlefront, republic commando, Jedi Outcast ect

the only good game to come out of Modern Era Star wars is Lego the force awakens and it's not even canon to this continuity

Certain routes of the game are good, and the meh ones do have decent upsides. (Jedi Knight gave us Kira Baesen)

NVM, I looked up the new games. Apparently EA games are canon? In that case, I take it back. Canon video games do suck; even the Atari 2600 Star Wars games are better.

Also, a Star Wars RTS would probably end up looking like a clone of StarCraft.

The absolute worst Star Wars game was the one on Sega CD; think it was just called Star Wars CD. And most underrated Star Wars game would probably be Star Wars Chess (Yes, that game is actually really awesome).

ive been meaning to read bloodlines though...uhhh Legends bloodline not canon bloodline..ive read canon bloodlines

I should mention that the Super Star Wars games and Star Wars Trilogy Arcade were also good.

Though question, which one is the Tardakaski Clone Wars part of? That one's going to be my last deciding factor tbh.

Back