• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Standards for off-site behavior (Staff only)

My stance is still the same as before, though "Harassment of users in their immediate surrounding." seems like weird wording to me. This should be followed up with an example, for instance what Sera said.

I also need to highlight this, I don't think anybody should be punished for screen shotting evidence from a Discord server. Sure, if they get caught, they do have a right to ban people from their server since it's still their server. But if people do suspect that they're saying some suspicious things or make plots to severely wank or downplay certain verses in combination to spreading gossip and constantly slurring staff, they do have a right to show evidence to the staff members getting insulted so they can evaluate whether or not it is ban worthy offence.

I also still agree with AKM Sama and Antvasima that there's a limit to how leniant we can be with extreme offsite insults.

I can agree with that except for the getting insulted, slurring and spreading gossip (unless said gossip directly ties to doxxing) part since that wouldn't be bannable anymore if it did not happen in the immediate surrounding of the person getting insulted so it would only be regarded as something that happened on the side but not the main offense and banning people on-site for not following the rules of a private server would be very weird.

I think we should probably add impersonating someone off-site on my list, thoughts?

Edit: added it to my list

Impersonation is definitely ban worthy. I didn't say slurring, insulting, or spreading gossip offsite is ban worthy by itself unless it's to extreme levels. I meant that people do have a right to screenshot it and privately share it with staff to evaluate.

I do generally agree that people shouldn't be punished for screenshotting evidence, with the (hopefully obvious) exceptions being if they committed bannable behaviour in those screenshots too (we don't wanna give people immunity if they've done truly awful things), or if they've demonstrably taken things out of context in a malicious member to try to get members banned, although I think we should require a lot of evidence before banning someone for this; I don't think we've encountered anyone who has enough evidence against them to be banned for that.

Hmm. I just realized the impersonation part which gives me slight pause. As a joke in a discord Zark has copied other people's names temporarily, I don't want lighthearted acts like this to go punished.

Perhaps that point should be rephrased to "Maliciously impersonating someone"? If so I think it'd be good to apply.

That would probably be better.

I still remember the time I changed my username on the Discord to "Probably Antvasima", so I don't want to feel like I just committed a war crime

Impersonating someone with malicious intent (for example, literally impersonating them). It was rather popular to cosplay as Ant on Discord in 2018, but those guys weren't pretending to be the real Ant unlike trolls from other communities who attempted the same like on Reddit or Comicvine. Also it should only be people from the wikia for obvious reasons.

Yeah it's literally impersonating someone so pretending to be them and saying stuff as if it's the target without joking around. Maliciously impersonating someone sounds good, I'll edit that in.

Yeah that seems good to apply.

> such as videos, forum posts, Discord chats, etc. that create drama

Late to the party, but: is the term 'drama' defined whatsoever in this context? This seems absurdly arbitrary to apply and can be easily abused

Thanks Agnaa.

Yeah if that gets cited explicitly in the updated rules this seems like a fitting and suitable rule that I've asked to be implemented for near of two years now

We need a concise summary instead.

Anyway, should I add what I quoted earlier to the Site Rules now?

No problem. Do we need a summary of Sera's post as well?

I think so, I suggest the following: Creating drama in this context is defined as performing actions that impact the site as a whole and it's structure.

Back